Thread: Humidor Dividers

Default Humidor Dividers

I have a good size humidor (150 - 200) and while it has a couple dividers I would like to add more for better storage options. I recently picked up some Spanish Cedar of appropriate thickness and I am going to cut it down to be used as a divider.

Here is the problem:

What can I use for that foam-like substance that is stuck to the edges of the dividers to make a snug fit?

Any ideas from the greatest collection of cigar minds
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

i would think felt would work well
    -=JStrider=-
    ~a woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke. -- Rudyard Kipling

~Clatto Verata Nicto

Strider has the right idea, felt is good. You could even use something as simple as thick yarn glued with elmers wood glue (think kindergaarten art project). Just make sure that the glue you end up using is non-toxic and you let it dry 24 hours to get rid of any vapors that you don't want in the humidor.

thx . . . good ideas. I will also look at the local crafts store Michaels.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Default Here's an idea I have used......

Go to just about any dept store, craft store or hardware store and get a small roll of velcro strip. You can usually get a roll of about 24 inches or so and in a few different colors.

Take the soft loop portion and cut strips to fit the length of the divider sides. Don't kill yourself trying to cut the width yet.

Peel off the backing and stick the soft loop portion to the edge of the divider. Be sure that the divider edge is fairly smooth as the adhesive may not stick to a rough surface.

After you are sure it is well attached. CAREFULLY use an Exacto knife or a good SHARP razor knife to trim of the excess for the width or thickness of the divider. Cut the velcro loop from the soft side as cutting from the adhesive side is nearly impossible to do without royally screwing up the cut and also dislocating the strip. You can use the flat face of the divider as a guide to get a nice clean cut too!

AGAIN....please cut carefully. Take your time, (no running with scissors!).

Use black velcro loop. It looks best.

What to do with the plastic "hook" side of the velcro tape? Believe me, throw it away. It will only add clutter to your "everything" drawer!
    Last edited by MMAB; 05-07-2005 at 08:41 PM. Reason: content

try foam rubber
    With glasses high, we raised a cry - freedom had arrived

Thread Information