Thread: just the salad,please!!

bigpoppapuff Guest

Default just the salad,please!!

News Edition: 01/16/2007

"BON APPETIT," said Chilean artist Marco Evaristti as he presented his friends with his newest creation: meatballs cooked with fat from his own body, extracted by liposuction.

"Ladies and gentleman, bon appetit and may god bless," said Evaristti, a glass in his hand, to his dining companions seated Thursday night around a table in Santiago's Animal Gallery.
    On the plates in front of them was a serving of agnolotti pasta and in the middle a meatball made with oil Evaristti removed from his body in a liposuction procedure last year.

"The question of whether or not to eat human flesh is more important than the result," he said, explaining the point of his creation.

"You are not a cannibal if you eat art," he added.

Evaristti produced 48 meatballs with his own fat, some of which would be canned and sold for $US4000 dollars for 10.

A veteran at shock-art, in an earlier work Evaristti invited people to kill fish by pressing the button on a blender the fish were held in.

In April 2004 he dyed an enormous iceberg in Greenland with red paint.

I personally don't understand how that is "art." I do, however, think it's way beyond disgusting.
    "Differences can be resolved in ways that are fair to all, but reason must prevail over passion if there is to be a climate conducive to the settlement of disagreements."
    Ronald Reagan in a speech given to the Supreme Soviet, September 17, 1990

I wouldn't call it art either.

WTF? Crazy bastard.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 597 View Post
    WTF? Crazy bastard.
    The craziest ones were at the table.....or buying the canned version. I wonder if any of the idiots actually ate it? That would be a big WTF!!

bigpoppapuff Guest

that would be the day i'd become a vegetarian.....

Thread Information