Thread: Bovada/salt test

1. Default Bovada/salt test

Hi:
    I just bought an adjustable digital Hygrometer. I also goit the Bovada test kit with.
    So I puts the old Digi device in the bag and make sure its sealed propelly and lete things go. Well first go around after 24 hours the percent RH is like 67%.

So I add 8 clicks and repeat (per the instructions) and wait anothe 24 hours. I watch th things alittle bit see it gets to 75% and lo and behold at the end of 24 hours , it's like 82%

Maybe a leak say I

so I turn the old adjustment tab down about few notches and repeat. Humm looks like everything is going pretty good for the first 3 hours , right at 75%, get up in the morning about 16 hours in and its is down at 71%

For the life of me, cannot get this thing to converge on a value other than about +/- 4% at th end of 24 hours. Its running now with 1 positive click

Anybody has any thoughts?

Tim

Temperature maybe. I left mine in the bag for 4 days before I excepted the reading. I would check mine mid day when the house was about 65 degrees. At night when the temp dropped so did the reading.

If it has a thermostat and tells RH then it should take temp into consideration with computing and displaying RH.

double bag it. Also, bleed most of the air out of the bags.

Thread Information