Thread: A. Fuente Petite Corona

Default A. Fuente Petite Corona

This stick was gifted to me by cls515 on the condition that I do a review on it.

This is my first AF so I don't have much to compare it to. It smelled to me like most other cigars tend to smell, barnyard like. The cap came right off with my double blade cutter and i was ready to go.

Construction was very good, like most fuentes I've read about. The ash was white/gray and fell off about every inch. It burned dead even the whole way.

Prelight draw was pretty mild, a bit of a toasty taste.
    Lit it up with matches and was hit with a lot of spiciness right away. It burned when exhaling it through my nose.
    After about 1/2 inch it mellowed out and the spiciness was mostly gone, I caught traces of it every once in awhile. It stayed pretty mild with a woodsy taste until about an inch from the band, when the woodsy taste left and it was more of a plain tobacco taste.

Removing the band was somewhat difficult, I got my first taste of the AF superglue. It came off though, only causing 2 small tears in the wrapper.

The strength of the cigar picked up as I was smoking where the band previously was, and it even got a bit harsh. I hadn't taken a drink of water since the first 1/2 inch, but in the last inch or so of the cigar I finished a whole glass.

Smoke time was about an hour and 15 mins, I tend to smoke quite slowly. Being a noob I would definately recommend this to other noobs, its not completely one dimensional but it won't knock your socks off either.

-boom

good review. maybe i'll pick up 2 tank tops. one for you.

good review. maybe i'll pick up 2 tank tops. one for you.
    uh oh, can't say i'd wear it in public.... that's something i'll let you experiment with

Nice review. I think in another 6 months the harshness would leave at the end as well. If you could hold onto a box for a year, they would be great cigars in my opinion.

Thread Information