Thread: Things like this make your weekend.

Default Things like this make your weekend.

I had overall what I would considr a pretty crappy weekend. All sorts of things going wrong but two things made it all worth it.

The first was my good Colibri lighter no longer holding gas, it blew a seal and was cracked so I think someone dropped it on New Years. Anyhow, the awesome thing is that my wife was out later in the day and dropped into one of my B&Ms and talked to the owner and came back with a new badass torch for me as a surprise using her personal budget since things will be tight this year. I'm a lucky guy....

The second thing was the same owner of the B&M lives right in my neighbourhood, like a 5 minute walk from our place. Today we hung out at my place in my "Cigar Loft" above the garage. Damn cold day here in Toronto, -15 Celcius, with windchill its -27C but it was great to have a few heaters on and enjoy even if we did need to be wearing our winter clothes.
    He brought 2 Sancho Panza Sanchos for us to enjoy (9.2", 47 Ring). Talk about a smoke you need a few hours for! It was perfect. I offered him a glass of 10 year Laphroaig and I h ad a glass of Century 21 small batch Canadian Whisky (Aged 21 years). We played chess (He beat me both times, I think he was sharking me!) and chatted about life and it was the perfect way to relax on a weekend despite the weather. Fantastic!

This is what life is all about to me! I just had to share this great experience.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

That's awesome to hear. I've had a good weekend myself. Me and the lady went to a campfire last nite, then woke up this morning, grilled lunch outside and installed her XM Radio. Good quality time together.

Glad to hear your weekend's going better.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    That's awesome to hear. I've had a good weekend myself. Me and the lady went to a campfire last nite, then woke up this morning, grilled lunch outside and installed her XM Radio. Good quality time together.

Glad to hear your weekend's going better.
    I have to admit, weather nice enough to have a campfire and grill wouldn't have been too bad either!

-Will "The Frozen"

from the future. here are tonights winning lotto numbers

you know what? THat sounds real nice mate! what a w.e!
    Smokey the bear says:.....

Quote Originally Posted by LeojVS View Post
    you know what? THat sounds real nice mate! what a w.e!
    Yeah it certainly made up for the crappy stuff that is for sure.

-W.

That is awesome. It would be wonderful to have a smoking room...even if it did require heaters.

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    That is awesome. It would be wonderful to have a smoking room...even if it did require heaters.
    Yeah its a nice option, especially with this much snow, and wind. Not to mention temperature. Its the only reason I can smoke a cigar during the winter.

-W.

Add me to the list wishing I had a room like that. We've been below 10 degrees for a week now and I haven't touched a cigar. I get the evil eye if I even smoke in the garage.

That was nice of your wife to pick you up another lighter! I'm sure my gf only comes with me to the local cigar shop to make sure I don't spend too much money... I just got a Colibri lighter myself, but I have been reading some bad reports about their longevity. It feels like a quality lighter & works like a champ at the moment, so my fingers are crossed.
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Quote Originally Posted by physiognomy View Post
    That was nice of your wife to pick you up another lighter! I'm sure my gf only comes with me to the local cigar shop to make sure I don't spend too much money... I just got a Colibri lighter myself, but I have been reading some bad reports about their longevity. It feels like a quality lighter & works like a champ at the moment, so my fingers are crossed.
    Yeah my other one was a Colibri. I have a Siglo which from what I understand is a Colibri with branding for other places. The Colibri didn't really lasst as long as I expected : . Still be careful with it and it might be ok.

guado, aceswired: yeah it is a loft area in the garage that used to be for storage. I cleaned it up, found some chairs up there (we are renting the place), made a table, added a pool table light overhead, heaters and a chess set, and voila. I should post some pics. It still gets chilly at -27 Celcius, but at least it is tolerable, not like standing out in the cold and wind. I wish we owned the place, I would add insulation and some additional walls to make it really cozy.

-W.

Thread Information