Thread: Air Purifiers

Default Air Purifiers

I have a bit of a problem. My wife and I just found out that she's pregnant and with the pregnancy she's started to develop a sensitivity to smells. We're having a friend of ours move in when our other roommates move out and he's just agreed to split a box of CAO MX2s with me.

I'm looking for any inexpensive air purifiers that you all recommend. And no, smoking outside is not an option. Here's a couple of pictures, my backyard and the view out the front door.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	backyard.JPG 
Views:	189 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frontyard.JPG 
Views:	191 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	489  
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

Here's the one I have... maybe more than you want to spend, but worth it in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Just a little snow!!

What's that white stuff all over?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Here's the one I have... maybe more than you want to spend, but worth it in my opinion.
    Yes, that's a little bit more then I was looking at spending.

I guess the real question is do the hundred dollar models at Walmart, etc, actually work or at they a waste of money for getting rid of cigar smoke?
    Just a stay at home dad (retired until I choose otherwise, thanks Canadian Army medical pension) hanging out and enjoying the good life.

If you going to smoke in the same residence as a pregnant woman you will need to get a hepa filter to trap the toxins. The smell is the least of the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvin View Post
    Yes, that's a little bit more then I was looking at spending.

I guess the real question is do the hundred dollar models at Walmart, etc, actually work or at they a waste of money for getting rid of cigar smoke?
    From the research I did before I bought mine, they are a waste of money.

I try to equate everything I buy to the cost of a box of cigars. 300 bucks is 1-2 boxes and is well worth the investment considering the money I'm putting into smokes. And you really need to figure the difference between cheap and not so cheap. If you pay 100 bucks for something that doesn't work, then you've lost 100 bucks. If you pay 300 for something that does work, then you've saved 100 bucks. (sorta makes sense to me, anyway.)

EcoQuest Fresh Air works great. I never tried it on cigar put it works great on any other smells. Kills germs too. Price thou. You can find them on ebay for $350 -$400

ecoquest

Thread Information