Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cape Breton Screaming Eagles

Blog Entries

Screaming Eagles WIN in OT!

We WON our first game against Val d'Or in the best of seven semi-final series AT Val d'Or so we're off to a good start!

Lewiston won too......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

We lost game two BUT we WON game three in OT

Tonight, we won game four on home ice so we're up 3-1 in the best of seven with game five on Friday night at home where we can wrap it up.

Lewiston won their series in four straight.... and are now in the finals. If we win on Friday, we will face them in the finals. Lewiston is by far the best team in the entire league BUT we did beat them the last time we played them in the regular season so, ya never know.

MAN, I would love to get a chance to see a couple of those games!!

First things first, we have to beat Val d'Or ONE MORE TIME!

GO SCREAMING EAGLES !!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

CC, could you give me some insight on how Letang (D-man for Val d'Or) has looked? Hes a prospect for the Penguins and I got to see him a bit in the nhl early in the year, most of the info I get is from other pens fans, so was wondering what you might think of him, watching him play for the opposition.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kraft View Post
    CC, could you give me some insight on how Letang (D-man for Val d'Or) has looked? Hes a prospect for the Penguins and I got to see him a bit in the nhl early in the year, most of the info I get is from other pens fans, so was wondering what you might think of him, watching him play for the opposition.

The guy is freakin' awesome. He was named to the QMJHL First-Team All-Star Team this year and has chalked up a couple of "player of the week" honors this past season. He's pretty young, he just turned 20 this week and I think he's got a heck of a career ahead of him. Okay I say he's "young" for the NHL but he's actually kinda "old" for the QMJHL. He's been kicking ass in the playoffs scoring 10 goals, including three game winners and he has 14 assists (these are statistics through the 12 playoff games so far).

Our star defenseman is Jean-Claude Sawyer is pretty good too but Letang is definitely better.

Letang is the team captain for Val-d'Or but he's kind of a hothead. I suppose in one way it's a good thing to be a leader and keep your team motivated BUT tonight, it's just getting him in trouble.

At the end of two periods, it's 2-1 Screaming Eagles!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-27-2007 at 06:33 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thanks for the info, he looked just a little out of place in the 7 or so NHL games he played at the begining of the season before he went back to jrs. I read he was the Team Canada world jrs. captain and did well there. Sounds like the little more seasoning hes picked picked up this year in jrs. might get him a good shot at the NHL next season.

Blog Entries

Possibly Kraft but like they say, the Minors (like AHL) are tougher than the Jrs. and the NHL is tougher than the minors.

Again, I'm impressed with his leadership except as I said, he MUST learn to control his emotions a little better in my opinion.

We ended up LOSING game five in OT. In the OT period, we had ELEVEN SHOTS and Val-d'Or had ONE, we got called for icing which set up a face off on our end and Val-d'Or won the face off and BANG, scored almost immediately.

Game six is tonight back in Val-d'Or.

The Screaming Eagles have the best defense in the league against the power play.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Well, we freakin' LOST game six then went on to lose game seven..........

Oh well, I hope Lewiston kicks the crap outta Val-d'Or

I honestly don't believe we could have defeated Lewiston in a best of seven anyway but DAMN IT, we never should have lost games 4 & 5 to Val-d'Or.......

There's an age limit in this league so we're losing a couple of our good guys like Jean-Claude Sawyer and Paul Alexander McIlveen who will be too old to play next year.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

...so I get a call out of the clear blue. Friggen CC is out of his mind - is trying to catch up on the Screaming Eagles and some numbnuts cut his cable connection. And then I had to deliver the bad news about game 7....

Please join me in offering our condolences to CC - the guy is acting like someone died...

Blog Entries

Lewiston mopped up the rink with Val-d'Or sweeping them in four games!

Way to go MAINEacs!!

Lewiston will now represent the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League in the Memorial Cup playoffs. They are the only team in the QMJHL from the United States.

If my Screaming Eagles couldn't do it, I'm glad that Lewiston will!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information