Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cape Breton Screaming Eagles

Blog Entries

Default Cape Breton Screaming Eagles

The Screaming Eagles are having a helluva year!! We're on a three game winning streak, we're in second place in the division and we're playing first place Lewiston on Sunday.

I was hoping I'd be able to see the game but it doesn't look like that will happen.

GO EAGLES!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Nova Scotia??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    Nova Scotia??
    You got it man!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Winning streak now at FIVE games and we played Lewiston tonight but I haven't heard a report on a score. This was our last game with the MAINEiacs before the playoffs.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Okay, there's gotta be SOMEONE out there that likes hockey.

The Cape Breton Screaming Eagles are one of eight teams in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League's Eastern Division. Two are from Nova Scotia, three are from New Brunswick, one from Newfoundland, one from Prince Edward Island and one from Maine. The other division (The Telus Division) has ten teams all in Quebec. This being a "junior" hockey league, the players are usually aged 17 to 21 and they move on to the AHL or hopefully the NHL. To me, there's nothing like watching a bunch of energetic kids playing hockey and the games draw quite a few fans in most cities.

The league was first formed in 1969 and the Screaming Eagles started in Sorel in 1969, moved to Verdun in 1977, moved again to Granby in 1981 and moved to Sydney (or what is sort of now known as the "Cape Breton Regional Municipality") in 1997. The year before they moved to Sydney, they won the championship. Ever since moving to Sydney, it's been a rough ride BUT last year, they finished 40-30 and made it to the second round of the playoffs. The playoffs are kind of ridiculous since 7 of the 8 Eastern Division teams make it to the playoffs and 9 of the 10 Telus Division teams make it. I don't think a team with less than a .500 record should qualify for any playoffs in any league but who am I?

This year so far, they're 38-17 and seeded second overall between both divisions in the playoff rankings. The regular season ends on March 18th so we're winding down now and coming on strong when it matters!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 02-12-2007 at 12:21 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Okay, there's gotta be SOMEONE out there that likes hockey.
    not from the looks of this thread

definately a hockey fan.... but nothing out of the state of iowa haha

go Des Moines Buccanneers!!! (they won it all last year woot woot)

Blog Entries

We defeated Lewiston last night, 4-1~~ Only two points out of first place!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

bigsmoke Guest

Good job by the eagles there. I follow the junior hockey on Canada's "left" coast. The product is great out here as well. It is great to see Canadian's supporting hockey at all levels. Keep up the good work Coventry Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke View Post
    Good job by the eagles there. I follow the junior hockey on Canada's "left" coast. The product is great out here as well. It is great to see Canadian's supporting hockey at all levels. Keep up the good work Coventry Cat.

Just saw this.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

bigsmoke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post

Just saw this.
    So what is so ?

Blog Entries

The Screaming Eagles are on yet another five game winning streak!

Freakin' Lewiston is equally hot so I don't think we'll catch them by the end of the season which is coming up real fast.

We're seeded 2nd overall for the playoffs so we're looking good! We did beat Lewiston the last time we played them so ya never know, this could be our year to take it all!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

We're the #2 seed in the Eastern Division and we just won our first round series with a four game sweep over the Fog Devils. Lewiston also defeated their first round opponent four games to none so odds are we'll face each other in the Eastern Division finals.

GO SCREAMING EAGLES!!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Eastern Division semi-finals update:

Cape Breton WON tonight and now has a 3-1 game lead in their best of seven series over the Acadie-Bathurst Titan. Lewiston finally LOST a playoff game (they've been on a tear lately... ) and lead their best of seven 3-1 over Halifax.

So, as I mentioned earlier, it looks like Lewiston and Cape Breton will meet in the Eastern Division Final. I'm going to try and make it to at least one of the games.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Being from a place that only has ice in drinking glasses, I don't know the first thing about hockey. However, in a google search, they seem to be a pretty damn good from what I can tell. Isn't it nice to be a fan of a team that is doing well?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
    Being from a place that only has ice in drinking glasses, I don't know the first thing about hockey. However, in a google search, they seem to be a pretty damn good from what I can tell. Isn't it nice to be a fan of a team that is doing well?
    Absolutely!! As I mentioned earlier, this is probably their best season in a good long time BUT getting past Lewiston won't be easy, they're the best team in the whole QMJHL which includes both divisions. Kinda sucks that the #1 & #2 teams will meet in the semi-finals. Whichever one wins will most likely beat the Quebec team for the President's Cup.

I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool hockey fan but more like a casual observer. Pretty much the same with college football and college basketball. Baseball is probably my favorite sport but again, I'm more of a casual fan. I don't really follow pro footbal or pro basketball at all.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Okay, being the clueless one that I am, I did not realize that the Screaming Eagles get moved to the Telus Division tree of the playoffs for the semi finals which is cool! This way, we don't have to face Lewiston until the finals.

We did indeed win our second round matchup with Acadie-Bathurst four games to one and Lewiston also won their series 4-1.

We now play Val-d'Or. LMAO, Val-d'Or is about as far away from Nova Scotia as possible out of all the teams in the QMJHL.

This will be a tough series BUT I feel we have the advantage since our regular season record is better than Val-d'Or. Even though there are two divisions, there is plenty of interdivision play.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Cape Breton is one of the best places on the PLANET............and that is truth...as far as there hockey team goes I don,t know...never mind that, how is the cigar situation?
    'I,m better for having known you"

bigsmoke Guest

Something tells me that "Groovy" is a rather interesting fellow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmoke View Post
    Something tells me that "Groovy" is a rather interesting fellow.

Yeah and he probably knows more about Cape Breton Island than I do...

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information