Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Guy

1. Default The New Guy

Before I begin, please note that this is all bigpoppapuff's fault. :D

I'm a relative newbie to cigars, although technically I have smoked them since the mid '70s. At that time a dozen a year was a lot for me, and I mostly smoked GyV and DeNobili. Heck, I'll still grab an Avanti once in a while.

Only in the past year and a half or so have I become a regular herfer. It was mostly a result of being involved in many weddings, and then exacerbated by my involvement in the local gun club, which allows smoking and has a reasonable bar. Anyone in the Rochester area want to meet me for a smoke & a drink, let me know. Bring a gun, and we'll miss some clay too!

Yes, I am a pastor. For 15 years or so I was involved in big, business-oriented churches, but now I provide my services to the community at large. We have a small, informal group that meets every Sunday at a coffee shop in the private room. I also am a member of my local police department's response team.

And to set the record straight, I have never witnessed Kevin cursing in church, although he would be welcome in mine (cursing and all). Heck, I'd probably put him in charge of the collection!

I've been married 9 years to a very patient woman, and we celebrated out anniversary last Wednesday (yes, Valentine's Day). I have two daughters, and three guns. Yes, these topics are related. :D

My hobbies include hunting, shooting, wine and bourbon tasting, and keeping the beer industry going. Oh, I also like cigars.

Welcome to the board from Maryland. Drinking, smoking and shooting firearms now that sounds like my kind of range (too bad I couldn 't find one around me like that).

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 597 View Post
    Welcome to the board from Maryland. Drinking, smoking and shooting firearms now that sounds like my kind of range (too bad I couldn 't find one around me like that).
    I suggested that we rename the club "Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives" (as local law enforcement uses our grounds for bomb squad testing) but no one would back me on the idea!

Welcome
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

welcome.

A friend of mine get together a few times a year to discuss theology over cigars, wine, and beer. Great combination if you ask me. The guns part we'll have to work on...

Quote Originally Posted by PastorJack View Post
    I suggested that we rename the club "Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives" (as local law enforcement uses our grounds for bomb squad testing) but no one would back me on the idea!
    Wow, you sound like a real interesting guy. I like the club name, if you start a petition, I'll sign it. Welcome from DC.
    PS-Kevin as the collector would probably boost your offerings.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Welcome from MS
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

Welcome from MT

Welcome!

Great intro and any friend of Sid's is a good guy in my book

Welcome from a fellow Newbie and great Intro

welcome.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Welcome to the site Pastor.

Have an eye out for that guy named Sid. He can be a bad influence!!!
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

bigsmoke Guest

Welcome from Vancouver.

Blog Entries

Welcome from the Lone Star State!

welcome to the boards, from iowa

coors_ca Guest

welcome from my bedroom.

Nice intro. Howdy from the tip of MS.

19. Default

Welcome Jack,it's a nice place here. It's a little different from HP but I really like it.
    The older I get ,the better I was

Welcome from Michgian!

Thread Information