Thread: Smoking Rituals

Default Smoking Rituals

What is your smoking ritual. If I'm not with friends I'm sitting in my screened in porch with a book and my cigar. Sometimes a glass of cognac or rum with it. Occasionally the wife will join me.

lately just sitting back watching a game with a cigar, still not quite warm enough here at night to sit out on the porch, but when it is, just sit out on the porch and enjoy the night

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

i smoke at home, usually after a good dinner. i set up a chair outside, and puff all my worries away while sipping on a cold beer, some whisky, or just water. if there's a good book then i tend to read as well.
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

SFG75 Guest

Depends on the situation. If I'm by myself and the kids are with me, I have a detailed plan. I first take a great book and coke outside. I then grab the cigar, my lighter(matches if wind is right) and my cigar punch. I then carry #2 out and put him in his stroller in the "holding pen" area and walk my older boy in there and latch it up. The older one plays in his sandbox area, shoveling like mad and having a ball, while #2 works on his motor skills. I then light up and all's good!. If I'm smoking with my brother in law, I just grab a cigar, a can of Pepsi, and a jacket, then go on outside, he has everything else 99% of the time.

lately ive been lounging in my backyard with my cigar and a cup of water. When it's nice I get sun that way, too.
    With glasses high, we raised a cry - freedom had arrived

6. Default

Actually my dogs have a ritual when I smoke. When they see me take a cigar out of my humi they get really excited. They bark and race to the back door waiting for me. They know when I smoke a few sticks will be thrown and fetched.

when i get off work, i normally go jogging, then take a shower and get a couple glasses of red wine in me. then, i puff on my glass pip for a bit. then i sit out on my balcony with a cigar mag, laptop with some video games, or watch a movie with a bottle of mineral water and a cigar

I have a couch in my garage set up right inside the door. When I get home I open the garage door, sit on the couch, light a cigar, read the mail or the paper, talk with my wife (she loves cigars too ) and watch my kids play in the front yard.

I have a little smoking spot set up in the backyard. Ok, ok it's just a lawn chair, but I have a fire pit that makes cool spring/autumn afternoons much more enjoyable. Sometimes the wife joins me so I have a little company.

Having a little Friday afternoon smoke session and bbq this afternoon. Already got the charcoal hot and beer cold, just waiting on some people to get off from work.

Default The Stoop

I have no backyard, only a stoop here in Brooklyn, NY. But add a glass of cognac or cup of coffee and it does pretty nicely. Sometimes a walk or bike ride is pretty sweet, too. And I've been taking cigars to my friends' place for Monday afternoon tea for a more social smoke.
    c

Default Ahhhhh! My ritual.......

OK.....I go down into my cellar and press the bluish colored block, fifth up from the floor by the furnace and enter the secret altar room of the great god Pazzu........oops! sorry....wrong ritual!

I used to have a ritual where I would usually go over to my buddy's place and we'd sit out on his screen porch or out by the chiminea on the patio and spark up a good smoke. But he packed up the family and moved to Florida so I only get to do that ritual every couple of months now when I visit. God I really miss him.

Now my life is empty and barren. Now I usually hang out at George Burn's gravesite and smoke White Owls while listening to Englebert Humperdinck tunes.

No really, my ritual is mixed. Usually after dinner. Yeah, my dog knows the sound of my humidor opening and gets all excited too! He loves to chomp on a good Fuente sungrown. But he has trouble getting his paw around the cigar cutter so I uusually do it for him. NO REALLY, he does get excited because it means he's going for a walk.

OR....sometimes I sit in the backyard and ponder what to do next in the garden while I smoke. I may also putter around with planting, etc. or toss the dog's baseball bat around. Yes, a baseball bat is his favorite toy!

Other times, in summer, I may sit out on the front porch late at night watching neighborhood "goings on".

Now, I'm off to the cellar. Which brick was it? The forth one or fifth one up?

Thread Information