Thread: What's in your cup?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default What's in your cup?

Today's coffee is Ethiopian Yrgacheffe MAO. Dropped before second crack. Citrus to caramel for a few then to earthy cocoa. Very complex cup of an extremely versatile bean.

A quick note: Many have asked what does MAO stand for? It's Mohamed Abdullahi Ogsadey. He was the first native African coffee exporter who built a coffee empire in his country and throught the world. And he ALWAYS gave back to those in his coffee food chain. He was killed in February last year in an auto accident. He was in his mid 80's. May he rest in peace.

And he was right: "A good name is far better than a good deal of money."

bigpoppapuff Guest

enjoying a brazilian blend.....nice morning coffee....it's gone and i'm ready for sometning new...

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

This morning I treated myself to Cubita coffee in a 6 cup Bialetti stove-top. Three double faux-Espressos and I was well lit, fulla piss & vinegar & ready for anything work could throw at me.
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

Blog Entries

I'm just sitting down to a cup of cafe con leche made with Cafe Pilon. I brought in one of those $25 Mr Coffee espresso machines to use in the office a couple of weeks back. Its not all gourmet and stuff, but it beats a $4 late from Starbucks.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Default Paging Hex!!

How do you make your Cafe en Leche?

I'm going to be aking my first today with a double shot out of the Bialetti, about 6 oz of milk heated on the stove to ~ 150 deg F and maybe a teaspoon of suger. Any recommendations outside of that?
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by novasurf View Post
    Today's coffee is Ethiopian Yrgacheffe MAO.
    Saw a show last night about coffee. A group of experts in blind taste tests said this was possibly the best coffee to be found.

Thread Information