Thread: Legend Red Label (Perdomo)

Default Legend Red Label (Perdomo)

I sparked up a Perdomo Legend today I received in a sampler and thought I would take my first stab at a review.

The Legend Red Label cigar is a figurado shaped with a sun grown Nicaraguan maduro wrapper with Nicaraguan filler. The cigar feels dense, equally so down its entire length with what I would consider a medium amount of veining. The pre-light draw was of medium tightness and provided a hint of earthiness and something else I had a tough time identifying. The first 1/3 of the cigar was pleasant, nothing complex but the initial hint of earthiness continued. The white ash held on for at least 1.25 inches and burned flawlessy. At about the 1/2 way point, the cigar picked up a spicier flavor which continued to grow. The last 1/5 of the cigar became a bit bitter and after another 5 minutes I put it down.

I felt the cigar was well made with quality tobacco, and for the price I paid ($2), I wasn't disappointed. However, the cigar lacked complexity and I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase another.
    Last edited by chadth; 03-04-2007 at 02:06 AM. Reason: spelling
    For let a man, as most men do, rate themselves at the highest value they can, yet their true value is no more than it is esteemed by others. -Thomas Hobbes

Thread Information