Thread: Cusano 18

Default Cusano 18

Will here is my shot at a review just smoked a Cusano18 year double Connecticut
    and found a great cigar. It was a Churchill I bought it at my local cigar shop and put it my humidor for about a month Til i could have a day to enjoy it at my leisure .
    It started off with a crisp smooth start and got even better as I smoked it the taste was mild and a little sweet at first but got better with every puff .It is rare for me to find a cigar that I
    can really enjoy all the way pass the cigar ring
    but this one was really smooth all the way down. a little pricey but a nice cigar to add to anyone's humidor. Hope this helps anyone who is thinking about trying this one

I'm not a big Cusano fan, but of all the Cusanos I've tried (the 1997, the 10th Anniversary, and both Cusano 18 varieties), I liked the Connecticut 18 by far the least. I don't have a problem with mild cigars - some of my favorites are pretty mild, in fact. But for me, this one just didn't do anything.

Not trying to be contrary, just my two cents on the stick. I know a lot of folks dig the line.

Default Tiebreaker?

I've had the Cusano 18 Churchill in my humi for about 7 months and decided to try it today. As I usually do the first time i try any cigar, I looked on the internet for opinions and reviews before lighting this one up. I read a couple of reviews that called it bland and tasteless, but by far the majority opinion was that this was a creamy, flavorful cigar.

Well, I guess I am a member of the minority. I found this cigar very very boring. Mild was an understatement. The smoke left a very dry feeling in my mouth and what flavor was there was unimpressive. I had to really try to taste any flavor in the finish. I found myself pulling 3 or 4 times on each puff just to try to heat it up and get something... anything, but it never came. I know lots of people like this cigar, but for me it just tasted like a brown paper bag, and a mild one at that.

It did burn very even and never showed a hint of going out, but maybe the multiple pulls had something to do with that. The draw was good and the smoke volume was just right. It was a very easy cigar to smoke, but it lacked any character or flavor. If you enjoy a medium to full cigar you probably should stay away from this one, although I might keep one or two around for friends who enjoy a very mild cigar or who smoke occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    The draw was good and the smoke volume was just right. It was a very easy cigar to smoke, but it lacked any character or flavor.
    Yeah, that was my experience in a nutshell. The maduro 18 has more character. For anyone looking to sample the 18 line, I'd urge them to try that one first.

Blog Entries

I enjoy these in the morning with a strong cup of black coffee. They are indeed mild, but I think they go well with the java.

Wheatfield, NY (Suburbs of Buffalo/Niagara Falls)

I actually like them quite a bit. All in the timing IMO. I like them on an empty stomach or when I am on the course. Not too powerful to mess with my game and I can only describe them in one word. Creamy.

That's why they make blondes, brunettes and redheads! We all like something different.

Quote Originally Posted by 19redwings View Post
    I actually like them quite a bit....

There ain't nothin' wrong with that!

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I enjoy these in the morning with a strong cup of black coffee. They are indeed mild, but I think they go well with the java.
    Now that i think back it was in the morning and I was enjoying a mug of coffee
    I found it to be a nice mild smoke

9. Default

Yeah. . . I really enjoyed mine

I went to a Cusano event in Kansas City awhile back and had both the 18 double maduro and the Connecticut, I found them both to be really good cigars. I actually had the exact opposite react as what was said by Shelby, the ciagsr made my mouth water as I smoked them and were extremely mooth. Draw and burn were perfect on these as well as the contruction.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Default too mild for my taste

I found the double connecticut to be much too mild for my tastes. Even bland to be honest. It had a great floral aroma before lighting up and I was really excited to try this one. but after smoking 2 of them, I don't think I'll be buying another. I've read mixed reviews on this cigar, although the majority seem to like it. Just my $0.02 worth.
    Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
    -- Dale Carnegie

Thread Information