Thread: My First Herf and other exciting adventures

Default My First Herf and other exciting adventures

Ok, so the B&M i told you guys about has a herf every 3rd Wed. Sometimes they have reps. Last month they had CAO, next month they have Torano. This month was just old dudes hanging out. It was so much freaking fun. I brought along a buddy of mine who only smokes cigars when I give him one. He hadn't had one in months. So I start him off with a Gurkha Napalese Warrior. He really liked it.

Anyways, it was just a bunch of old dudes ripping on each other. Even a rabbi showed up! He was cool. Made some new friends and got some awesome sticks.

I started off with a Padron 64 maddie. Great smoke, ask WOXOF, and then went in to grab something else. The owner walks in with me and says grab anything you want to try on the house and I'm gonna smoke what you're smoking. He grabbed a Padron 1926 40th Anniversary. $40 !!! I said no sir. So after arguing he kept pushing the LFD Chisel on me. I was reluctant cause I had to wait awhile after my first stick. He even told other dudes to come in there and peer pressure me. So I got it. Very good stick. I would say full flavor, not full bodied. He also gave my buddy a cigar and asked me what I think he would like. I recommended the La Aroma de Cuba. So off we went. I made it through mine ... Don, on the other hand wasn't feeling to good. He hadn't eaten anything and was drinking a Red Stripe with his smoke. We start laughing at him and he excuses him self outside. Comes back in and says he threw up 3 times. Freakin Hilarious.

Here's what I came out with:

x4 La Aroma de Cuba
    Cornado by La Flor
    RP Vintage 99 - for the misses
    LFD Reserva Especial
    Punch London Club
    x3 Padron 2000
    x7 Flor de Oliva
    RP Edge

Then, as I'm signing the receipt he slips off unnoticed, comes back and throws that dang Padron 40th Anniversary in there! Freaking $40 cigar! Then he knocked like $15 off the final price. If I could, I would reproduce for this guy.

He's also a "Beer Afficionado", so I picked up some imports. Got a Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale, which i had last night with a RP Edge. Pretty ok. Should have seen the face on Sarah when she tried it.

Anyways, wanted to tell you dudes about losing my herfinity.
    I'll be out all weekend playing shows down south, but I'll try to drop in.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

And you're moving away?

chirs, if you move, can i move into your old place so i can frequent this B&M?

john51277 Guest

Its nice to meet nice people like that. I wish everyone could be as cool as he is. We could always "clone" him and transport them to all the B&Ms. I still am a herfvirgin here!!!

Sounds like good times man!
    I've yet to pop my cherry as well.

You're one lucky guy Chris. I have to look to see if there is anything like that around my area.
    I remember my 18th birthday - I went to the local B&M after purchasing a shotgun, and had a cigar with the city mayor. We talked politics for an hour and a half, great time.

Thumbs up

Awesome Chris. Glad to hear you had a great time. I hope your B&M owner is money smart and doesn't go out of buisness though. My favorite aspect of smoking is the camaraderie of smoking. You experienced full on! Good luck with the shows man. What is the sound of your band?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Sounds like I'll have to sneak down there some time. As it stands right now, I'll be able to make it to the Tobacco Bowl next Saturday.

awesome Woxof! I'm looking forward to it. I'm still definately going. Sarge said he could possibly make it too!

Anyways, CJuan, as far as the "sound" of my band ... uh ... i don't know.

You Decide
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

That sounds like a super B&M. You did real good!

Thread Information