Thread: CAO Vision

1. Default CAO Vision

I finally had one last night and really liked it alot. Has anyone seen them anywhere online ? I want to buy a box and can't seem to find them. I know they are very limited right now.

Any help would be appreciated.
    "You shut your mouth while your talking to me"

My local B&M has a few boxes of them. PM if interested.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Midlothian, Virginia in the Subs. Longwood University....in FARMVILLE Virginia....

I had a friend of mine bring me back a few sticks from the RTDA show and i wasnt impressed very well. The sticks that they just put out are a bit better, but still wasn't impressed much. You are basically are buying the humidor it somes in, not the sticks.
    "After a truly good meal, an outstanding cigar is still the most satisfying after-dinner activity that doesn't involve two human beings."
    Brad Shaw

"Pull out a Montecristo at a dinner party and the political liberal turns into the nicotine facist."
    -- Martyn Harris

1 termite
    +1 raisin

If hell arrives on Earth, it will be the I-10.

Wtf is up with the vision box anyhow? LED's and a hydrometer and it's the best thing ever?
    A good book, a cigar, and a nice tall glass of STFU.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alan C. View Post
    Wtf is up with the vision box anyhow? LED's and a hydrometer and it's the best thing ever?

No, just looks cool really. It seemed kind of cheap when I messed around with it.

I seen some boxes on ebay a few weeks ago going for $200-$230

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by COMB2 View Post
    I seen some boxes on ebay a few weeks ago going for $200-$230

I found one on ebay but it is just the box. No cigars.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfan13 View Post
    The best part of the whole thing is the Box from what I have heard. Cigars are overpriced for the quality according to a few ppl who have had them that I know.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    The best part of the whole thing is the Box from what I have heard. Cigars are overpriced for the quality according to a few ppl who have had them that I know.

-W.
    I just had one and I agree that they are overpriced. I liked it though. It got me thinking how do they determine the price of cigars ? I wonder if the high price on these is because of the box. I wonder if the high price of the Sopranos is because of the box, the show and the commitment to HBO.

Wheatfield, NY (Suburbs of Buffalo/Niagara Falls)

Local B&M had them when they first came out. He said he talked to the rep and the price of the box more than offsets the 'damaged product' they see. So basically, they get fewer returns using this method and sell more 'gars.

Pretty good marketing, product if you ask me.

I wonder if the high price on these is because of the box. I wonder if the high price of the Sopranos is because of the box, the show and the commitment to HBO.

Not the only factor but I would say: Yes and Yes.

-W.
    The Internet - All the Piracy, None of the Scurvy

I just had one and I agree that they are overpriced. I liked it though. It got me thinking how do they determine the price of cigars ? I wonder if the high price on these is because of the box. I wonder if the high price of the Sopranos is because of the box, the show and the commitment to HBO.

There's no doubt about it. They are paying for the licensing of the logo and the name recognition.

Over the Xmas holidays I helped out a friend who works for Brunswick. We sold billiard balls for a particular price. We also had billiard balls with NFL, MLB and NBA team logos available. Exact same product... double the price.

Keep in mind that the retailer's markup is usually a percentage of their cost, not a fixed dollar amount. So if a box of cigars costs a retailer $50 and his markup is 100%, he'll sell that box for $100. However, if the same box comes in with a well known logo and the licensing fee is an additional $25, then his cost goes up to $75 and he sells them for $150 -- $25 more than the licensing fee.

Edit: Before I get accused of anything (like spreading misinformation) let me clarify that the dollar figures used above are strictly for ease of explanation and do not reflect actual costs or mark-up percentages.
    Last edited by Shelby07; 03-27-2007 at 12:44 PM. Reason: To keep the hounds at bay!

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    There's no doubt about it. They are paying for the licensing of the logo and the name recognition.

Over the Xmas holidays I helped out a friend who woks for Brunswick. We sold billiard balls for a particular price. We also had billiard balls with NFL, MLB and NBA team logos available. Exact same product... double the price.

Keep in mind that the retailer's markup is usually a percentage of their cost, not a fixed dollar amount. So if a box of cigars costs a retailer $50 and his markup is 100%, he'll sell that box for $100. However, if the same box comes in with a well known logo and the licensing fee is an additional $25, then his cost goes up to $75 and he sells them for $150 -- $25 more than the licensing fee.
    Well, I guess I have to decide if I want to pay for cigars that are good not great and a nice glowing box in case the power goes out and I cant find the right stick.

The ones I seen had cigars. They have to say they are selling the box and not the cigars. The cigars are to keep packageing original and are not intended to be smoked. A loop hole!

Thread Information