Thread: Tatuajes, whats the hype???

john51277 Guest

Default Tatuajes, whats the hype???

I have heard all about these on the forum, whats the big hype. I have never seen them or had one. Good??? Info???

Quote Originally Posted by john51277 View Post
    I have heard all about these on the forum, whats the big hype. I have never seen them or had one. Good??? Info???
    the hype is ... they're good.

just ask Shelby.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Yes - have a flavor profile very much like a Cuban cigar. Many describe these as being as close to a Cuban as you can get.

No doubt - they're a nice cigar (peppery, full bodied). I think they're a very nice cigar and Cuban-like.

Are the a substitute? Hmmmm.... Gotta give that careful thought... Close - but I really don't think so....

I still personally think the Avo LE05 (original release) is about a close as it gets. I've fooled quite a few people that smoke nothing but ISOM's with the LE05's

bigpoppapuff Guest

fairly new brand....i'm pretty sure they're all blended by don pepin garcia (came fron cuba to work with tabacalera tropical)...

the ones i've had are very good....

pepin also makes a few sticks for padilla...

Blog Entries

I like 'em! Much thanks to SLC for introducing me to the Tatauje!

John,

Tatuajes are very much worth the hype. They were created by Pete Johnson. There is definately a Pepin and Padilla connection though. Most Tatuajes that I have smoked are Med-Strong in flavor and burn as straight as a razor. The Havana VI line is more economical because they are rolled in Nicaragua instead of Miami, but have the same great flavor profile.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

If you ask me, they are one of the best out there today. I tried to tell Chris that I really liked them, but I'm not sure if he understood me.

tat's are awesome. My next box buy hopfully will be the Noella's. Seriously, they taste awesome. I do think that all of Pepin's blends taste alike, so if you can find someof his other stuff, try that first rather then busting your ass for a Tat.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Midlothian, Virginia in the Subs. Longwood University....in FARMVILLE Virginia....

I personally just bought two boxes of the churchill size two days ago. THEY ARE AMAZING. I am about to go out right now and to smoke one right now.
    "After a truly good meal, an outstanding cigar is still the most satisfying after-dinner activity that doesn't involve two human beings."
    Brad Shaw

"Pull out a Montecristo at a dinner party and the political liberal turns into the nicotine facist."
    -- Martyn Harris

1 termite
    +1 raisin

They be good cigars alright.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Had my 1st one last nite. A reserva sw. Nice. Trying the gran cojoru(6.5X60) sat night. Here's a pic of the gran cojoru monster alongside a RP Edge for added scale. Check out the foot and cap work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of IMG_0154.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of IMG_0164.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	530   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of IMG_0157.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	531  
    Last edited by pub spears; 03-30-2007 at 04:59 PM. Reason: pic

Man that's a big cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by pub spears View Post
    Had my 1st one last nite. A reserva sw. Nice. Trying the gran cojoru(6.5X60) sat night. Here's a pic of the gran cojoru monster alongside a RP Edge for added scale. Check out the foot and cap work. Oh, and here's a picture of an Opus X just to let you guys know I have one.

Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Welcome back Chris. Nice editing, but the Spyderco was the showoff.

Thread Information