Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: OK, enough bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    No one speaks for me except me. You calling out the members of the board in the way that you are is really making you look like a jerk, Shelby. I am curious about the multiple accounts however I apparently have more patience than you. Hex is a busy man and will let the board know in due time, my trust factor for any member here is limited however until the situation is resolved.
    Joe, Joe, Joe...

So, Let's see... I look like a jerk and Bill looks like, what, a hero? Really? Hex is going to reveal those with multiple accounts? Ya think? I am stirring the pot? Since when? Who has been in the middle of more bullshit on this board over a longer period of time than anyone else?

Here's the chain of events, Joe. You tell be who's being a "jerk."

Sid called me and said that he was being accused of being this "groovy" guy. I hadn't been around much so I hadn't even seen it. He asked me to post a clarification since he couldn't. I posted above (see #74) a post that had nothing to do with Bill. I thought it relevant to ask again about the multiple ID's since that what others were accusing Sid of... AND... I am PERSONALLY very curious about these "old timers" with very few posts who only seem to show up when certain people are involved in the middle of a ruckus. Since there seemed to be a good number of people on the board who wanted to know about those using multiple ID's, I thought it'd be OK to ask again. I guess it wasn't. Bill immediately jumped in with a reply that had nothing to to with my post. Take a look at post #75 and tell me how that is relevant to my post, or to anything at all, for that matter. And he accused ME of stirring the shit. Had he just left it alone it would have been over. But Bill can't leave it alone. Sid is gone but that's not good enough for him. he still wants to fight about it. Take a look at post #77 if you want to see pure hatred and rage.

That prick is worried about people saying things about him that ARE NOT true? Tell that liar that I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. He's the same guy who tells people in PMs that I'm an "alcoholic" which is a lie. You also might want to suggest that he not do shit like that because people that do slander people like that usually wind up getting sued.

So tell ya what shelbs, when sid can refrain from slandering me and other people then maybe we'll give a shit about his little itty, bitty feelings being hurt because one person implied that sid is posting here under another screen name like he does at Herfer's Paradise. He was banned using bigpoppapuff then returned as blackfrankwhite. Since that didn't "bother" him, why should anyone who may think he's doing the same thing here "bother" him?
    Wow... do you really think a guy with that much hatred can be fair? I am Sid's friend. I never hid that. Bill hates that, and that is the reason behind his constant nagging. He said once that I had a problem with him long ago. I never had a problem with the little prick until he started calling me names... among them a "liar," and implied that I was a bigot... both of which I take great personal offense at. Since then I have disliked him but have held my tongue. Hex told me in a private message that I should just sit tight and it would be taken care of. Well, Hex's solution has not taken care of a damn thing. If anything it has just empowered one of the biggest irritants on this board. I don't have a whole lot of faith that Hex is going to out anyone here. His rules don't seem to apply to FOGs, no matter what they do. You see, anyone else would have been banned immediately, and you know it, Joe. The bottom line here is that a couple of FOGs have been abusing the rules of the board and because they have been here a long time they get special treatment.

As for being a jerk, I made an offer to Bill in post #78 that he apparently has turned down...

...But I'll make a deal with you for the good of the board... quit following me around and I'll leave you alone. I really have no desire to talk to you anyway. The last time I tried to ignore you, you made it very difficult, so this time when you call me out after every post I make I'm gonna post back, even if it's just to tell you to fuck off. It's up to you, Bill...
    It seems he answered that in a reply to ReV (post #96)

...we can't let the audience down now can we?
    You have already made up your mind, Joe. That's fine. Everybody on this board is entitled to their own opinion. But don't come in trying to sound like someone who is neutral. You aren't. You are under the same delusion that I was for almost a year and you are making excuses for how things are being handled here. You think that this board is member controlled and that everyone's opinion carries the same weight. You think that Hex's rules apply to everyone equally. Maybe even Hex thinks that, I don't know. But from what I've seen they don't.

Rules say if you get voted out, you're banned immediately. That works. Rules say you use multiple ID's you get banned immediately. That's obviously not the case. Hex knows who was using multiple ID's. He should have banned them immediately. That is what the rules state. He could have locked them out quicker than it took to write his posts. It just takes a couple of mouse clicks. So why all the melodrama? What makes you think he's going to reveal the offenders without a push from the members of the board? Hell, not only has he not banned them, he's not even telling us who they are so we can decide about their character for ourselves. It seems that we don't even deserve that when it comes to FOGs. We trade back and forth on this and other boards. We gift cigars to others. I want to know who is abusing the board rules, and ESPECIALLY if I am wrong in my suspicions. I think we all deserve to know.

Hey Bill... Don't ask again... I'll be leaving in June. But keep asking stupid questions over and over, and I might just stay longer.

I'm still wondering why no one is addressing the fact that groovy just told everyone to fuck off...regardless of who s/he is. Personally, I think he has kind of a "noob air" about him.

TampaSupremo
    "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"-H.P. Lovecraft

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want to know who is posting under multiple ID's.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

So do I.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby07 View Post
    Joe, Joe, Joe...

So, Let's see... I look like a jerk and Bill looks like, what, a hero? Really? Hex is going to reveal those with multiple accounts? Ya think? I am stirring the pot? Since when? Who has been in the middle of more bullshit on this board over a longer period of time than anyone else?

Here's the chain of events, Joe. You tell be who's being a "jerk."

Sid called me and said that he was being accused of being this "groovy" guy. I hadn't been around much so I hadn't even seen it. He asked me to post a clarification since he couldn't. I posted above (see #74) a post that had nothing to do with Bill. I thought it relevant to ask again about the multiple ID's since that what others were accusing Sid of... AND... I am PERSONALLY very curious about these "old timers" with very few posts who only seem to show up when certain people are involved in the middle of a ruckus. Since there seemed to be a good number of people on the board who wanted to know about those using multiple ID's, I thought it'd be OK to ask again. I guess it wasn't. Bill immediately jumped in with a reply that had nothing to to with my post. Take a look at post #75 and tell me how that is relevant to my post, or to anything at all, for that matter. And he accused ME of stirring the shit. Had he just left it alone it would have been over. But Bill can't leave it alone. Sid is gone but that's not good enough for him. he still wants to fight about it. Take a look at post #77 if you want to see pure hatred and rage.

Wow... do you really think a guy with that much hatred can be fair? I am Sid's friend. I never hid that. Bill hates that, and that is the reason behind his constant nagging. He said once that I had a problem with him long ago. I never had a problem with the little prick until he started calling me names... among them a "liar," and implied that I was a bigot... both of which I take great personal offense at. Since then I have disliked him but have held my tongue. Hex told me in a private message that I should just sit tight and it would be taken care of. Well, Hex's solution has not taken care of a damn thing. If anything it has just empowered one of the biggest irritants on this board. I don't have a whole lot of faith that Hex is going to out anyone here. His rules don't seem to apply to FOGs, no matter what they do. You see, anyone else would have been banned immediately, and you know it, Joe. The bottom line here is that a couple of FOGs have been abusing the rules of the board and because they have been here a long time they get special treatment.

As for being a jerk, I made an offer to Bill in post #78 that he apparently has turned down...

It seems he answered that in a reply to ReV (post #96)

You have already made up your mind, Joe. That's fine. Everybody on this board is entitled to their own opinion. But don't come in trying to sound like someone who is neutral. You aren't. You are under the same delusion that I was for almost a year and you are making excuses for how things are being handled here. You think that this board is member controlled and that everyone's opinion carries the same weight. You think that Hex's rules apply to everyone equally. Maybe even Hex thinks that, I don't know. But from what I've seen they don't.

Rules say if you get voted out, you're banned immediately. That works. Rules say you use multiple ID's you get banned immediately. That's obviously not the case. Hex knows who was using multiple ID's. He should have banned them immediately. That is what the rules state. He could have locked them out quicker than it took to write his posts. It just takes a couple of mouse clicks. So why all the melodrama? What makes you think he's going to reveal the offenders without a push from the members of the board? Hell, not only has he not banned them, he's not even telling us who they are so we can decide about their character for ourselves. It seems that we don't even deserve that when it comes to FOGs. We trade back and forth on this and other boards. We gift cigars to others. I want to know who is abusing the board rules, and ESPECIALLY if I am wrong in my suspicions. I think we all deserve to know.

Hey Bill... Don't ask again... I'll be leaving in June. But keep asking stupid questions over and over, and I might just stay longer.
    Once again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Your constant whining is actually kind of amusing so please, don't let me stop you.

Why wait until June to leave, why not just leave now since all you do now is piss and moan and whine?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Once again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Your constant whining is actually kind of amusing so please, don't let me stop you.

Why wait until June to leave, why not just leave now since all you do now is piss and moan and whine?
    Why continue to go against the wishes of the others here? Why not call for the outing of those who abused the rules? Since you seem to have a strong opinion on this, why not help me and everyone else here to understand why these members should not be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want to know who is posting under multiple ID's.
    I know you do, just as nhcigarfan and every other member (other than Bill) who has voiced an opinion does. Perhaps you or someone else here can convince him to explain his reluctance to have their identities revealed. I certainly am not making any headway. It appears that I am only good for his amusement.

multi-accounters should be outed and thrashed. A fucking rule is a rule.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    ...And for the record, I think you're all acting like idiots. How about that old "Be the bigger person" thing....buncha 4 year olds.

And, I too would like to know about the whole duplicate accounts issue. I'm sure Hex will address it when he has time to do so.
    Aaron - I have asked Hex for just 2 things in the year that I have been here. I believe them to both be reasonable requests...

1. Get Bill off of my back so I can enjoy this board and the people on it.

2. Reveal who was abusing the rules so I know about the people I may be trading and gifting cigars to.

Here are the results:

1. Dispite Hex's assurances that he would take care of old #1 up there, Bill continues to badger me. Even after I apologized and he knew I was leaving he couldn't leave things alone. Since Hex has been ineffective with this I have chosen to respond to his abusive posts in a like manner for the duration of my time here.

2. Everyone has agreed to certain rules, but only Hex can assure that enforcement is carried out when they are broken. For whatever reason he chooses no to enforce #2 or even identify those who broke the rules.

So although Hex assured me that #1 would be resolved if I laid back and Hex has a general obligation to the community to uphold and enforce the rules, I see no attempt to resolve either. My requests have been dealt with in either an ineffective way or not at all. Perhaps acting like a 4 year old will yield better results. It seems to work for Bill.

10. Thumbs down

2. Reveal who was abusing the rules so I know about the people I may be trading and gifting cigars to.

I agree...We need to have these people outed. A rule is a rule. I understand that they are made to be broken but, given the dynamics here. It could cost us time and money.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Aaron - I have asked Hex for just 2 things in the year that I have been here. I believe them to both be reasonable requests...

1. Get Bill off of my back so I can enjoy this board and the people on it.

Here are the results:

1. Dispite Hex's assurances that he would take care of old #1 up there, Bill continues to badger me. Even after I apologized and he knew I was leaving he couldn't leave things alone. Since Hex has been ineffective with this I have chosen to respond to his abusive posts in a like manner for the duration of my time here.

2. Everyone has agreed to certain rules, but only Hex can assure that enforcement is carried out when they are broken. For whatever reason he chooses no to enforce #2 or even identify those who broke the rules.

So although Hex assured me that #1 would be resolved if I laid back and Hex has a general obligation to the community to uphold and enforce the rules, I see no attempt to resolve either. My requests have been dealt with in either an ineffective way or not at all. Perhaps acting like a 4 year old will yield better results. It seems to work for Bill.

You are such a whining baby, it's pathetic.

YOU have created all of your own problems here and you can't accept that so you're leaving which is fine. I just don't understand why you don't do it immediately.

Did you ever stop to think that NO ONE broke the rules? Your tactic of repeating a lie often enough to make it become the truth isn't working and it's pissing you off so you continue to whine and make things up.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Sid is gone but that's not good enough for him. he still wants to fight about it. Take a look at post #77 if you want to see pure hatred and rage.
    Clearly he is not, at least not in spirit. He is just posting through you by you posting what he is telling you to post. Seems to me, that's sorta skirting a ban, putting your account at risk.

Wow... do you really think a guy with that much hatred can be fair? I am Sid's friend. I never hid that. Bill hates that, and that is the reason behind his constant nagging.
    Actually, he dislikes you because you are exceedingly arrogant and think you are somehow entitled to the same respect, latitude and responsibilities of those who have been here longer and helped build the board up. You also tend to ignore the facts when it suits you and exaggerate things when it suits you.

The bottom line here is that a couple of FOGs have been abusing the rules of the board and because they have been here a long time they get special treatment.
    One certainly was, but he has been banned. Now, if others would quit posting for him he would REALLY be gone.

You are under the same delusion that I was for almost a year and you are making excuses for how things are being handled here. You think that this board is member controlled and that everyone's opinion carries the same weight. You think that Hex's rules apply to everyone equally. Maybe even Hex thinks that, I don't know. But from what I've seen they don't.
    No one has claimed that everything here is equal. That is your problem. You think that since you registered you are entitled to something you never earned. Joe knows the difference and has earned the respect he gets.

Hell, not only has he not banned them, he's not even telling us who they are so we can decide about their character for ourselves. It seems that we don't even deserve that when it comes to FOGs.
    So, you are really just mad that Hex won't bend over for you! Got it!

BTW, you can keep screaming that we have quit pushing this, but the truth is, Hex knows how we feel. Spamming the forum over it isn't going to do anything but make Hex more angry about the whole mess. I guess we could get in our cars and drive to Florida and abuse Hex with bats until he confesses to who it was, but I don't think that would be a good way to handle things. Hex has been active here since we all posted. He has chosen not to speak about it. His decision.

Once again, leave me alone and I'll leave YOU alone.

Remember, the board is watching...
    BTW, if you are really that tied up in knots over Bill responding to you, there is a neat little feature called Ignore that works wonders here. Just put Bill on ignore and you won't ever be bothered by him again. Won't have to read his messages, won't get any PMs, etc., etc. I mean, you are just here until things you are involved in are settled and for no other reason, right? Of course, you have to be disciplined enough to not click on that View Message button. And you have to really want to NOT be a part of any pot stirring for it to be totally effective.

Blog Entries

I know you do, just as nhcigarfan and every other member (other than Bill) who has voiced an opinion does. Perhaps you or someone else here can convince him to explain his reluctance to have their identities revealed. I certainly am not making any headway. It appears that I am only good for his amusement.
    Please stop lying and making things up, I never said that and you know it. Hex has a policy and you should respect it instead of continuing to whine about it.

Besides, you're leaving anyway since you don't like how this place is run so either LEAVE or stay and accept the rules and the way things are around here and for crying out lout, PLEASE STOP your damned whining.

Continuing to rant and whine like a little girl only makes you look worse than you've already proven yourself to be.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    Clearly he is not, at least not in spirit. He is just posting through you by you posting what he is telling you to post. Seems to me, that's sorta skirting a ban, putting your account at risk.

Actually, he dislikes you because you are exceedingly arrogant and think you are somehow entitled to the same respect, latitude and responsibilities of those who have been here longer and helped build the board up. You also tend to ignore the facts when it suits you and exaggerate things when it suits you.

One certainly was, but he has been banned. Now, if others would quit posting for him he would REALLY be gone.

No one has claimed that everything here is equal. That is your problem. You think that since you registered you are entitled to something you never earned. Joe knows the difference and has earned the respect he gets.

So, you are really just mad that Hex won't bend over for you! Got it!

BTW, you can keep screaming that we have quit pushing this, but the truth is, Hex knows how we feel. Spamming the forum over it isn't going to do anything but make Hex more angry about the whole mess. I guess we could get in our cars and drive to Florida and abuse Hex with bats until he confesses to who it was, but I don't think that would be a good way to handle things. Hex has been active here since we all posted. He has chosen not to speak about it. His decision.

Wow. That says it all. Hex, is that true?

...and if Hex knows how you all feel then why doesn't he address this.

...just curious how that makes others who are not FOGs feel???

...just curious how that makes others who are not FOGs feel???
    Hopefully it makes them want to become positive members of the board who will eventually enjoy the respect given to others by folks who have earned it here. Everyone has the opportunity to become a respected FOG here. Not everyone has the ability. So save the drama. Anyone that believes that as soon as someone registers here they are entitled to unending rights here same as folks who have proven they are worthy of trust and respect should leave with you.

But you read that part about twisting and exaggerating... so you know what you are trying with these last two posts of yours. So does everyone else with an ounce of sense.

...Did you ever stop to think that NO ONE broke the rules?...
    uhhh... no.

Hex has a policy and you should respect it instead of continuing to whine about it.
    uhhh... yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaroo View Post
    Hopefully it makes them want to become positive members of the board who will eventually enjoy the respect given to others by folks who have earned it here. Everyone has the opportunity to become a respected FOG here. Not everyone has the ability. So save the drama. Anyone that believes that as soon as someone registers here they are entitled to unending rights here same as folks who have proven they are worthy of trust and respect should leave with you.

But you read that part about twisting and exaggerating... so you know what you are trying with these last two posts of yours. So does everyone else with an ounce of sense.
    I've been here a year... the board has been in existance for 2.

Just how long does it take to "earn" respect here?

Wow. That says it all. Hex, is that true?

...and if Hex knows how you all feel then why doesn't he address this.
    BTW, bigotry earns an immediate ban here as well, but your buddy Sid got the benefit of a ban poll anyway. You know, being a FOG and all. Shame he couldn't recruit enough non-active folks over to save him. Guess it's cool when your buddy gets more latitude than some 90 day wonder, but not others... Gotcha!

Thread Information