Thread: Noob review on Partagas

Default Noob review on Partagas

I smoked a Partagas #1 Natural tonight and although it was a ok smoke, i dont think it was worth $5.50 ! It burned slow and even and didnt get harsh but, it did start to get a (what i call) ammonia taste as i got about 3/4 into it. It was a pretty long cigar (i dont remember how long) but i didnt overheat it and even let it rest hoping it would mellow down but it never did. Im going to let the other Partagas (8-9-8) smokes i have sit awhile longer cause i think this might have just been a fluke....hopefully it is so let me know what ya'll feel about Partagas.

i've liked all the partagas i've tried... doesn't mean i'd buy another one, but none were bad so far... they do seem to keep their prices a little on the high side... I have one more in my humi to try, a Series D #2 ... if it doesn't blow me away, i'll probably stick to only smoking the partagas that other people send me... cause i like i said; good smoke, but a little over priced.

3. Default

I haven't been a fan of partagas in the past but last night at Red Cloud's partagas tasting I had one of the cifuentes noviembre's and I reccomend trying it out. The freebie Black I followed it up with was kinda dissapointing, strong but lacked the complexities of the cifuentes.

I've also heard that a 160 might change what you think about partagas.

Thread Information