Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lone Star Herf

Default Lone Star Herf

I know there has been a southern herf in the works for awhile now, but I know I can't fly anywhere. With all the Texas badasses on this site, I think it would be cool for us to get together if anyone is up for it. What do you think guys?
    End of line.

I've been saying this forever, there's a whole mess of ya'll over there! time for a bro-down/herf.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Blog Entries

Oh, you're near Round Rock!!

Do you ever go to the minor league baseball games there? The Round Rock Express is the Houston Astros AAA affiliate!
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Oh, you're near Round Rock!!

Do you ever go to the minor league baseball games there? The Round Rock Express is the Houston Astros AAA affiliate!
    Yep, I live about 5 minutes from Dell Diamond. They usually play the Stros for a spring training game, and I always like to check out the Rangers affiliate Oklahoma come through.
    End of line.

Hell yeah - I'd be up for a herf. I go to Central Texas often. lmk what you're thinking about.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

I will most likely be in Dallas (Hyatt Regency) on business travel on May 14-17. Maybe not the best dates to squeeze in a herf, but if nothing else, I am always down for a cigar!
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

I'd be up for it but it would all depend on when and where. I can reach SAT and Austin pretty easy, but Dallas/Ft Worth is usually too far.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

I propose Austin. Not only would I not have to go anywhere but it is also probably the most central to everyone. Plus there is a ton of stuff to do if you are visiting. As for time, I am pretty open.
    End of line.

Hell, I was just in Rockwall. Where were you guys at? There's a very nice B&M there called En Fuego Cigars. I will be back down there in early June.

Blog Entries

Hold it in Austin and I'm there!!

Where does everyone live exactly, anyway?
    End of line.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Hold it in Austin and I'm there!!

Ditto, unless I have some work-related or personal conflict.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Default Sounds Good

Since ive never done this yet, sounds good ! A few questions though...where do these take place, clubs, bars, strip clubs, hotels, motels, someones house, yard, where ? I have some close friends that live in Kyle & a nephew that lives in R.Rock but if its in a hotel do some "chip in" and get one or 2 rooms, cause i know i would have a few drinks and wouldnt drive anywhere after that. Just let me know. Im in Magnolia (northwest of houston).

Quote Originally Posted by Dub's View Post
    Since ive never done this yet, sounds good ! A few questions though...where do these take place, clubs, bars, strip clubs, hotels, motels, someones house, yard, where ? I have some close friends that live in Kyle & a nephew that lives in R.Rock but if its in a hotel do some "chip in" and get one or 2 rooms, cause i know i would have a few drinks and wouldnt drive anywhere after that. Just let me know. Im in Magnolia (northwest of houston).
    Well I know I'm down for the titty bar, but it can be anywhere we decide. There are a couple of good tobacco shops around here and one of them is in the middle of downtown (Habana House). I would offer my house, but in all honesty, that wouldn't be that much fun.
    End of line.

Talk of this has kind of died out the last couple of days, so I figured I'd give it a bump. It looks like there is at least 4-5 people interested, by my count it would be me, basil, Lopaka, CNB, and Dub's. We also haven't heard anything out of dhutch or cls15 on this, by I figured they would want to do it as well. Oh and also, anyone else willing to make the trip or who will be in the area is definitely welcome.

It also seems no one has a serious ojection to Austin as the location, so from here on I guess that's what we'll be going for unless something else comes up. Input, anyone??
    End of line.

I'm in Midland, and Austin is good for me. Personally, I think someone's home/backyard would be ideal. Then we could cook, play loud music, annoy the neighbors, etc. No strip joint for me. Too noisy and way too many distractions. Going into Austin may not be necessary. WW, if you have a back yard, I'd be more than willing to take on one of the chores - cooking, cleanup, whatever.
    Equality is not seeing different things equally. It's seeing different things differently.
    - Tom Robbins

- Like I needed you to tell me I'm a fucking prick . . . Did you think you're posting some front page news? I am a fucking prick . . . - MarineOne

Yes the titty bar wouldn't be very conducive to conversation - with you guys at least. I've got a small backyard, but my grill needs some work. Other than that I have no objections
    End of line.

What sort of work? Is it servicable? Cool that you're open to the idea. Can I sleep on your couch? j/k.

ok, feedback from you other guys.
    - Tom Robbins

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I'm in Midland, and Austin is good for me. Personally, I think someone's home/backyard would be ideal. Then we could cook, play loud music, annoy the neighbors, etc. No strip joint for me. Too noisy and way too many distractions. Going into Austin may not be necessary. WW, if you have a back yard, I'd be more than willing to take on one of the chores - cooking, cleanup, whatever.
    What, like titties?

Thread Information