0 0%
  • No Ban

10 38.46%

Thread: bigpoppapuff ban poll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default bigpoppapuff ban poll

A ban poll has been requested for bigpoppapuff by several members. The rules are the same as always. Regardless of the outcome of this poll, I mean for this to bring closure to the current situation.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

damn, all this again? i'll let you FOG's fight this one out this time...

I don't think Sid should be banned. What I honestly do belive is that he SHOULD APPALOGIZE TO THE ENTIRE BOARD NOT JUST CHRIS for his video. That video might and probably did offend more than just Chris so an outright public apology should be there.

There is one more point I want to make. If you think I am out of line be it.

This is not the first time this board has his the shitter with the fighting going on. That is a bad thing not just for those involved but for everyone on the board. If I just saw this place and what happened I would have never joined, I am sure the same goes for a lot of people.
    Many have left over exactly what is going on or happened in the past and some of these people are were great contributors.

I think averyone who was involved in this feud owes the entire board an apology. Because no matter if you were fighting to keep the boards honor your actions brought more of a disgrace than any of the benefits you were seeking for.

Also this is a good thing for HEX to think about: Unless you put some disceplanary measure going forward, you will get more of these feuds in the future. Think carefully how that will reflect on the board as a whole and its place in the cigar community in general.

As for myself I am no hippocrate and want to end this message by being the first to appologize to everyone if I have been in any way disrespectfull or otherwise wronged anyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    I don't think Sid should be banned. What I honestly do belive is that he SHOULD APPALOGIZE TO THE ENTIRE BOARD NOT JUST CHRIS for his video. That video might and probably did offend more than just Chris so an outright public apology should be there.
    This is pure manure, and Hex, sorry, but you are still just dancing around this matter. Sid should have been gone long ago without benefit of a ban poll and you know it. To this day he still claims he did nothing wrong.

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showpost...40&postcount=7

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I have made the decision to ban members for making racist/bigot comments from this point on. I agree that the remarks in question do not belong here but I can not in good conscience ban a member retroactively.
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t2170-ra...tatements.html

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    Cigarsmokers.com is a friendly community of like minded brothers of the leaf. This is not the place to express derogatory views or remarks. Members making any statements based on race, religion, culture or sexuality are subject to being banned.
    According to your own rules, Sid should be gone without benefit of a ban poll.

big·ot (bĭg'ət) Pronunciation Key
    n. One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

big·ot /ˈbɪgət/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[big-uht]
    –noun
    a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpoppapuff
    i never said i hate repugs.....i hate the right-wing Christian repugs (such as shrub (aka shitstaingeorge).....and i approve of this message.....

With regards to the video, I have the same understanding as Shagaroo.

I agree, but there is more to it that just the video.

I think averyone who was involved in this feud owes the entire board an apology..
    I agree.

Also this is a good thing for HEX to think about: Unless you put some disceplanary measure going forward, you will get more of these feuds in the future. Think carefully how that will reflect on the board as a whole and its place in the cigar community in general.

I don't agree. I don't see this sort of thing happening in the future. This all spawns from a failed coup and its fall out. Add Barry, threats, welching on bets and here we are.

As for myself I am no hippocrate and want to end this message by being the first to appologize to everyone if I have been in any way disrespectfull or otherwise wronged anyone here.
    I have seen you do nothing to which you would have to apologize.

BBP - we have a problem here. You have played the silent game and its hurting you more than helping. You are well aware of what needs to be addressed. By choosing not to address them you are jeopardizing your affiliation with this board.

I am going to hold off on voting to give you a chance to address all these past issues. If you choose not to, I will assume them to be true and I will be left with no choice but to vote to ban you.

I still hope it doesn't come down to that.

Edit - I'll vote tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 04-10-2007 at 12:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post

There is one more point I want to make. If you think I am out of line be it.

This is not the first time this board has his the shitter with the fighting going on. That is a bad thing not just for those involved but for everyone on the board. If I just saw this place and what happened I would have never joined, I am sure the same goes for a lot of people.
    Many have left over exactly what is going on or happened in the past and some of these people are were great contributors.
    I think averyone who was involved in this feud owes the entire board an apology. Because no matter if you were fighting to keep the boards honor your actions brought more of a disgrace than any of the benefits you were seeking for.

Who are these "many" of which you speak? SFG75, PuroBrat, Corona Gigante, tony dogs, walkinghammer, 420seth, Oblik, Amanda, TBS Cigars, chugg, Iced T, neuromancer, the ox, razrbckcrazy? I still am waiting for someone to tell me which supposedly "great contributors" we lost because I can't think of a single one. There are over 2500 members here and the people who have either been run off or banned aren't missed one bit.

Dan, I'm really starting to wonder about you.......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Who are these "many" of which you speak? SFG75, PuroBrat, Corona Gigante, tony dogs, walkinghammer, 420seth, Oblik, Amanda, TBS Cigars, chugg, Iced T, neuromancer, the ox, razrbckcrazy? I still am waiting for someone to tell me which supposedly "great contributors" we lost because I can't think of a single one. There are over 2500 members here and the people who have either been run off or banned aren't missed one bit.

snip..

I was wondering this myself. The only guy I remember leaving, and I didn't know why but assumed it was because of the barry crap, was shag, but he is back.

However, I'm not concerned about Dan.

I have to agree with Shagaroo, an insta-ban is well deserved.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post

Dan, I'm really starting to wonder about you.......
    I can actually name a few guys who aren't around anymore, no idea what there reasons are as they did not say why they are gone, but Godfather and Ukyfan come to mind first off. I hope they didn't leave because of this type of deal but you really never know.

As far as the BPP thing goes I agree with Shag.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    I can actually name a few guys who aren't around anymore, no idea what there reasons are as they did not say why they are gone, but Godfather and Ukyfan come to mind first off. I hope they didn't leave because of this type of deal but you really never know.

Godfather is around so he has not left.

Ukyfan was here an hour ago and still posts pretty regularly so he hasn't left either.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-10-2007 at 01:52 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Chris correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he was offended by the video. Chris knows how ridiculous the message was in that video and would never associate himself with a message like that.

I think Chris and I share similar beliefs and the video did not offend me. Honestly I still don't know if the guy in the video is for real or not. If so, ...........geez.......

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post

Well I can not talk for Godfather, but I do still come around. Just not as much as I used too. I do get tired of a lot of the pissing matching that go on, but I do still come around. I have never had one bad meeting with Sid, but I would have to say that his youtube video was over the edge. And since I don't get on here as much as I used too I don't think I should be voting in the ban polls anyway.
    "Frankenstien never scared me. Marsupials do, because they’re fast." - Kevin Pollak as Christopher Walken

john51277 Guest

I was going to stay out of "this ban" but I am tired of hearing it. I have been here a few months, read a whole hell of alot of posts, and have came to my own conclusion that BPP is not the type of person I want to associate with on a forum. Hex, It is up to you wether or not my vote should count, but I believe BPP is here only when he feels like starting an arguement. If that is what he is going to contribute, I say ban him. I apologize if I offend anyone with this vote.

It seems there are two sides to every issue. But lets move on.
    Remember to breathe

Thread Information