Thread: Walk in humidor, possibility?

Default Walk in humidor, possibility?

Hi Guys,
    I've been lurking a bit lately. (Too much vitriol and emotion for me on the forums.)

However I do have a few questions about building a walk in humidor in my new home.

Its really going to serve two purposes. One is to help me develop and age my stash.
    The second will be for storage of cigars I am considering importing a few brands into Australia for resale. I'm not quite ready to start importing yet, but hopefully I'll get everything sorted in the coming months.

I'm interested to hear from anyone who has built a walk in, or for any particularily memorable links you found on the interweb.

I figure if we are going to build a walk in sauna for my soon to be wife, I should budget for a walk in humidor for me. Space is not going to be an issue as i have lots of available room.
    Link to my new house

There is a thread somewhere on this board that details the construction of a walk-in by a member named Cockyhoskins. Give the search function a whirl. You'll find it.

There is another on cigarpass.com by guy named atuck. Haven't checked ths thread there in ages but he should be done by now.
    Last edited by nhcigarfan; 04-24-2007 at 08:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries

I'll second the CockyHoskins suggestion.

Sounds like a good winter project for ya JokerZ.

Another suggestion is just use a bunch of larger coolerdors for aging, that's what I've seen lots of guys who have thousands of cigars do.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

That's a beautiful house, congratulations.

I really like the fountain in the backyard.

Thanks for the comments guys. (Especially on the house!)

I'm really looking forward to moving in. Hve been renting for the last 7 years as I have been moving around a lot for work, but finally settling down in one spot again. Good to be a home owner again. Settlement date is around the 11th of May so I'll be moving in in around 3 weeks time.

I've thought some more about the walk in and it's definitely on the cards.
    As an interim solution I was also thinking about getting a non working refridgerator, putting some new seals around the door(s) and using it for storage as well.

Obviously a cooler would work as well but for the price of the big coolers here in Australia, I think I'd be better off getting a non working fridge to tinker with..

Quote Originally Posted by JokerZ View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys. (Especially on the house!)

I'm really looking forward to moving in. Hve been renting for the last 7 years as I have been moving around a lot for work, but finally settling down in one spot again. Good to be a home owner again. Settlement date is around the 11th of May so I'll be moving in in around 3 weeks time.

I've thought some more about the walk in and it's definitely on the cards.
    As an interim solution I was also thinking about getting a non working refridgerator, putting some new seals around the door(s) and using it for storage as well.

Obviously a cooler would work as well but for the price of the big coolers here in Australia, I think I'd be better off getting a non working fridge to tinker with..

an old fridge works fine.

Thread Information