Thread: Avalon cigar Pass

1. Default Avalon cigar Pass

We at Avalon would like to introduce some of you to our product. I figure one easy way to do that is by starting a pass. I don't really have the time to organize this so...I'm looking for an experienced volunteer. I will send the organizer a sampler box of our cigars (25 sticks). My only requirement would be that each participant in the pass take only Avalon products from the pass and replace it with something you really like. That way, we accomplish two things. First, we get our product into the hands of people who can give us feedback. Secondly, by receiving from you samples of what you like to smoke, we can do some R&D and experiment with new blends.

If any of you are up to this task, just contact me through email (not through a PM), which you can find on our website avaloncigars.com. Let me know your qualifications and we can get this thing started.

Best regards,

Tom

Clarksdale, MS 38614

tom@avaloncigars.com

I would be up for this, email sent.

oops I PM'd...lol

I've been talking with Tom over email. I may be heading down to Clarksdale this week to meet up. Watch for more info on this soon.

I made a personal visit down to Clarksdale, MS to visit Avalon cigars. I smoked and talked cigars with Tom Ramsey. Tom made me feel right at home and took some time out of his very busy day to share some smokes and their story. He even took me for a tour of the area and pointed out some very historic places such as the Riverside Hotel, Ground Zero Blues Club, and Red’s Lounge. The tour around town was very nice as it helped me get a better understanding of the various themes and history of Avalon Cigars.

Tom is really trying to do things right with his company. I can tell you first hand that these guys are swamped with orders right now. Even with all that chaos, they took the time to answer my questions and make me feel right at home. Tom has big plans for Avalon Cigars and it sounds like he’s starting it off right. I personally would like to see these guys get as big as possible and still keep that boutique feel they have now.

Tom gave me a few cigars to start a pass with to help spread the word and to get some honest feedback on their blends. Look for a new thread for the actual pass. I’ll probably get it posted up on Thursday with the rules and stuff.

I'm always interested in trying new brands/blends of cigars. I'd be more than happy to participate in such a box pass.

I'm in.

Blog Entries

I'd like to participate.

I am in.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    I made a personal visit down to Clarksdale, MS to visit Avalon cigars. I smoked and talked cigars with Tom Ramsey. Tom made me feel right at home and took some time out of his very busy day to share some smokes and their story. He even took me for a tour of the area and pointed out some very historic places such as the Riverside Hotel, Ground Zero Blues Club, and Red’s Lounge. The tour around town was very nice as it helped me get a better understanding of the various themes and history of Avalon Cigars.

Tom is really trying to do things right with his company. I can tell you first hand that these guys are swamped with orders right now. Even with all that chaos, they took the time to answer my questions and make me feel right at home. Tom has big plans for Avalon Cigars and it sounds like he’s starting it off right. I personally would like to see these guys get as big as possible and still keep that boutique feel they have now.

Tom gave me a few cigars to start a pass with to help spread the word and to get some honest feedback on their blends. Look for a new thread for the actual pass. I’ll probably get it posted up on Thursday with the rules and stuff.

Thanks for your kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you and I greatly appreciate the great smokes you left for me. You didn't have to do that, but believe me when I say...THANKS. I'm glad you enjoyed your tour around Clarksdale. It was no trouble at all. As a matter of fact, taking the time to do things like that keep me from pulling my hair out. As you could tell, we have a very small staff to deal with the very large demand that has seemingly come out of nowhere. Also, taking time to meet with our consumers/potential consumers keeps us focused on what matters, making cigars that make people happy.

Enjoy the smokes and the pass, and give us your honest feedback. We want to hear real reviews from real people.

Come back and see us any time. If you want to bring a couple of guys down for a cigar-and-blues-filled weekend, let me know a few weeks in advance and we'll arrange some rooms for you and give you access to our lounge. We made the place look cool for a reason...we want to share it with our best customers.

Again, thanks for the visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest and best regards,

Tom

Tom Ramsey, Principal
    Avalon Cigars
    600 Blues Alley
    Clarksdale, MS 38614

tom@avaloncigars.com
    www.avaloncigars.com

(601)624-7267

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Being on the Canadian side of the 49th, getting involved in box passes is a touchy subject, so I won't throw my name in the hat.

Nice to see another here who cares about his product though. Well done Tom!!!
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

I'm going to do this also so Newfie, if you want in, I'll handle your p/t's state side.

Shearstown, Newfoundland (A suburb of Bay Roberts)

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    I'm going to do this also so Newfie, if you want in, I'll handle your p/t's state side.
    Thanks Tyler. I got the PM and really appreciate the offer!!!
    ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Hi. My name is Jim and I like to shave!

So when this comes around, I would like in if there is a spot open.

The official thread is up, you guys that expressed interest here have been included. Please post in the "official" thread.

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t8226-th...igar-pass.html

Thread Information