Page 118 of 555 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 11083

Thread: Today's smokes......

1. Default

Jan 06: Ashton VSG Corona Gorda. Not as good as the Enchantment, however still very enjoyable last night...

2. Default

For breakfast a CAO MX2, for lunch a Perdomo ESV 91 Maestro. Yum, Yum. I wonder what's for halftime?
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

RP Vintage 1990 Toro. AMAZING SMOKE! Could be my new favorite. Had problems last quarter of the cigar. Had to correct burn a couple of times in the end.

Trinidad Reyes. Smooth litte smoke.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

5. Default

Had a RYJ coronitas en cedro at halftime and a Monte torp. do know what it is except that it was an ISOM. Didn't like it much. Time to give up on Monte ISOMS. Not impressed.
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    Had a RYJ coronitas en cedro at halftime and a Monte torp. do know what it is except that it was an ISOM. Didn't like it much. Time to give up on Monte ISOMS. Not impressed.
    The Monte was most likely a #2. If you are not impressed with MC ISOMs, and have any spares laying around, let me know if you are interested in a trade.
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

camacho negro robusto

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    Time to give up on Monte ISOMS. Not impressed.
    Really? How many have you had? And besides the #2, what were they? Most of the #2s that I've smoked have not been outstanding, but I've smoked some #2s that were out of this world.

9. Default

Had a few gifted to me. One I won in a bet. Not impressed. Love Cohiba's and RYJ's. Every one of these two got better with time. Smoked a Cuaba same result as the Monte.
    ~ Mark Twain

I like the Monte #2's, but I love the Monte EL 2004's.

5 vegas Gold (a bit on the boring side)

side note: Guado i stared at that picture for over 2 minutes without even realizing it, i like

A. Fuente Chateau Fuente (Sun Grown) Robusto

extreme medium bodied.
    might have made a difference seeing as how i hadn't eaten a single thing all day.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    A. Fuente Chateau Fuente (Sun Grown) Robusto

extreme medium bodied.
    might have made a difference seeing as how i hadn't eaten a single thing all day.

EXTREME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by guado; 01-09-2007 at 10:06 AM.

Antano robusto.

I should have dry boxed it for a few days. And I think I found a beetle hole? It was a tiny hole like made by a pin. I smoked it anyway. Huh, I don't want to have to freeze everything. Dag nabbit batman. It wasn't quarantined, and no cello. Hmmm

Punch Churchill. Going to go smoke it now; never had a Punch. Looking forward to it.

EDIT: I thought I would contribute my thoughts on this one in a non-review-sanctioned forum. IT SUCKED. There was this funny flavor for the first 2 puffs, which I did not mind. But then it hit and stuck. It was this strange bitter flavor I cannot place. It is not anything that should ever be found in a cigar. This strange and unpleasant bitterness did not quit, however. It persisted as I smoked through an inch of this thing, waiting for it to end. I was like a child eating spinache. Each puff was terrigle and my face surely showed it. I put it out in anger after that inch. I will never smoke another Punch cigar again.
    Last edited by AK & Stogie; 01-11-2007 at 10:06 PM.

Last nite had a REO by RP. Started off full, then mellowed out. This was the first cigar I've had that i really noticed this happen. Neato. Anyways, very well constructed cigar. Even burn, held a great ash. Had some burn problems at the end, but no big deal, i was ready for bed. This had been in my humi for about 2.5 months. Got it in my newb sampler. Thanks Barry.

Wow, that turned into a review of sorts.
    ...wait i mean ...
    yeah
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

CI Legends Red. Somehow I didn't enjoy it as much as before.

I'm heading to Birmingham, AL this weekend for a few concerts. I'll be taking a Gurkha Ancient Warrior and a few Punch Champions per your suggestion. I'll let you know how I like em'.

Cheers,
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Sporadic Metonomy View Post
    I'm heading to Birmingham, AL this weekend for a few concerts. I'll be taking a Gurkha Ancient Warrior and a few Punch Champions per your suggestion. I'll let you know how I like em'.

Cheers,
    Sean
    what shows you going to?

We're going to see Brett Dennen on Saturday night at B-ham's Workplay Theatre. On Sunday, we're going to a benefit concert at the Bottle Tree...I honestly don't know who is playing, but it's an all-day affair.

I saw Glenn Tilbrook (former lead singer of "Squeeze") on Wednesday night? Anyone?

Sean

Thread Information