Page 241 of 555 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 11084

Thread: Today's smokes......

Blog Entries

5 Vegas Gold ~ Robusto
    RyJ Habana Reserve (Working on that monster right now...)

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Padron 2000 Maduro, a martini and a warm spring evening.
    Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Padron 2000 Maduro, a martini and a warm spring evening.
    lucky, it's already a million degrees here in st. louis. ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTamborineMan View Post
    lucky, it's already a million degrees here in st. louis. ugh.
    Yesterday it was 110 by 10am here on my base in Iraq.

........ but it's a DRY heat.

Kris

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MarineOne View Post
    Yesterday it was 110 by 10am here on my base in Iraq.

........ but it's a DRY heat.

Kris
    ick, I can't hardly stand the heat - but I am planning on enlisting for the Marines later this year, so I suppose there's potential for me to be over there before too terribly long, huh.

ick, I can't hardly stand the heat - but I am planning on enlisting for the Marines later this year, so I suppose there's potential for me to be over there before too terribly long, huh.
    It depends. You could end up with the fleas and gators or Ole Smokey and Mother.

Those that know ..... know. Heheheheheheheheheh.

It'll be a good 6 to 9 months of training before you get to the Fleet, so you *might* see the Stan but I don't think you'll see the box.

Kris

Blog Entries

Had a Nestor last night too

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    First release had no bands.

Second release has bands, and when they sold out, there was a good while before they were back in stock.

Third release, were available when they returned to stock. I'm pretty sure they are still selling the third. Some vitolas are now out of stock. (Grande Robusto, for one).

I heard rumors that they changed factories after the second release, Originals were rolled at the Oliva facility.
    Thanks for the info bigwhiteash. Interesting stuff.

The other night I smoked a freebie unbanded Jamaican cigar I was given on my honeymoon. Well, more like I puffed on it twice after lighting and then let it die out. Then I tried an unbanded that I was given a couple months ago. It wasn't that great either.

I'm kicking off the holiday weekend with an Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Classic this evening.

Torano Exodus 1959 maduro last night
    sammis

Think before you leap soldier. You have to be in the Army to be a Ranger or Delta - the ACTUAL greatest fighting force in the world. Normandy and D-Day, 101st Airborne in France, General Patton in Italy, Air Cav in Vietnam, the special forces in Serbia (The special forces in Somalia an Iraq for the matter.) What do all these have in common? Well none are Marines but that's not the point. The sea-men claim to always be the first in. These are all examples of Army soldiers being the first into a conflict.

Don't believe all the Marine "we're so great" stuff. I've heard some stories about all those Navy guys on a ship for months at a time.

But this is obviously not a competition between military branches. Right now I'm enjoying a Partagas Naturales whiles enjoying the "Battle of the Beltways" on a calm warm spring evening.

Blog Entries

Camancho 1962 Torpedo
    Gurkha Legend Perfecto

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Sancho Panza double maduro,Gurkha Legend (Torp.)

Padron 1964 Imperial

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by knightnorth View Post
    Think before you leap soldier. You have to be in the Army to be a Ranger or Delta - the ACTUAL greatest fighting force in the world. Normandy and D-Day, 101st Airborne in France, General Patton in Italy, Air Cav in Vietnam, the special forces in Serbia (The special forces in Somalia an Iraq for the matter.) What do all these have in common? Well none are Marines but that's not the point. The sea-men claim to always be the first in. These are all examples of Army soldiers being the first into a conflict.

Don't believe all the Marine "we're so great" stuff. I've heard some stories about all those Navy guys on a ship for months at a time.

But this is obviously not a competition between military branches. Right now I'm enjoying a Partagas Naturales whiles enjoying the "Battle of the Beltways" on a calm warm spring evening.
    I am certainly open to that, ya see (ok, kind of a segway/story thing here), my grandpa always wanted to keep the line of generations in the military going - his grandpa was, his dad was, him and a couple of his brothers were, one of his sons was and as of yet (and I'm looking like the last one that'll probably go) none of his grandsons have enlisted. I've always thought about enlisting, just never really, really thought it through until now that he's passed away and I feel this is the best way to honor him, as he was the greatest man I've ever met. Also it's likely they'll put his house up for sale, and I just won't let that house leave the family - and I won't be able to put myself through college and buy a house at the same time. So I figured I'd enlist, serve my country, serve my family, buy that house and put myself through college all in one full swoop. And I'd like to think I'd be a good soldier.

Blog Entries

And I'd like to think I'd be a good soldier.
    Not in the Marines you won't.

Outstanding reply Eville ..... freakin' outstanding.

There are things I will do without a thought for a fellow Marine that would require some thought for someone from one of the other branches, and I have friends in all five branches, police, Fire, EMT, plus the RCMP. I'm not saying that the other branches are bad, but you certainly don't have the espirit de corps that is in the Marines.

I'll give you a good example. There were some Marines in Ramadi that asked for cigars from the forums that are run by a turd. I shalt not speak his name, but there are those here that know of whom I speak. I was able to confirm where he was and sent him and his Marines a humidor full of cigars with everything needed to keep them and future ones right, and I only asked for one thing in return. Wanna know what that is?

Pictures of him and his Marines enjoying those cigars.

I told my wife what I did, and of course she asked how much I spent. When I told her how much it was, she flipped out on me bigtime. Then I told her it was for some Marines here in Iraq and that's when she said, "Well why didn't you tell me that before? I wouldn't have hollered at you if you'd told me THAT.".

Kris

Yesterday afternoon, Montecristo robusto - absolutely delicious. Perfect end to the week (we closed up early yesterday and I was on the course with the partners by 3)

Blog Entries

Troya Clasico LIV.......outstanding.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

A Turrent ` Robusto with coffee

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information