Thread: Monthly Box Split

Default Monthly Box Split

Idea: Every month a box is bought and split among the participants - great way to try something new. Need 4-5 people if more are interested 2 boxes can be purchased.

Rules:

1) Participants must be in good standing and trusted.
    2) People must stay for the whole cycle ( 4-5 months )
    3) Each month a person posts 4-5 boxes for consideration and we vote which one we want to split.
    4) Money Matters - 2 options a) every month we send the lead the cost of cigars + shipping. b) I keep a record of the expenses and at the end of the cycle we settle up sending only one payment for the difference in costs
    5) Box price: We keep the price of participation between $30-$50 per person
    6) If we get enough people to do 2 box split every month the easiest way to do it will be to settle up every month to keep each persons money burden down.

Might have to chnage or adjust the rules depending on feedback etc.

Participants:

CgarDan

So who wants in ?

This sounds like a great idea Dan! Get to try some new sticks, especially one's that others recommend.

Count me in if you'll have me.

spiffy

Count me in.. I'd like to be a part of it.. I know I'm a new member but if you check out my ebay feed back (mister_bin987) its 100% Positive...

Can i suggest that the boxes be purchased at http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm I have been comparing prices and they seem to have the best also they do 1 dollar shipping for the first of the month and they have alot of special and they have freebie fridays. All stuff that can be split up..

Quote Originally Posted by mister_bin View Post
    Count me in.. I'd like to be a part of it.. I know I'm a new member but if you check out my ebay feed back (mister_bin987) its 100% Positive...

Can i suggest that the boxes be purchased at http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm I have been comparing prices and they seem to have the best also they do 1 dollar shipping for the first of the month and they have alot of special and they have freebie fridays. All stuff that can be split up..
    I am sorry this is not for guys who are too new to the board. And to be honest an E-bay rating means nothing here. Stay a while post get to know the people and perhaps you can be in on the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by CgarDan View Post
    I am sorry this is not for guys who are too new to the board. And to be honest an E-bay rating means nothing here. Stay a while post get to know the people and perhaps you can be in on the next one.
    Sounds good

what price range boxes are we talking here? basically how much will this whole thing end up costing me? I end up spending too much on cigars as is...

Dan you might want to hold off since it's the summer.

DG
    DG
    SB
    HST
    AOD
    AOG
    CD

I'd be game. Sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ReV View Post
    what price range boxes are we talking here? basically how much will this whole thing end up costing me? I end up spending too much on cigars as is...
    I proposed the total monthly outlay be $30-$50 per person depending on the box we get.

so we're looking at $150 to $250 boxes then... it looks good Dan, but i'm going to agree with Grinch... sign me up for round 2 though, 5 months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Grinch View Post
    Dan you might want to hold off since it's the summer.

DG
    Quote Originally Posted by ReV View Post
    so we're looking at $150 to $250 boxes then... it looks good Dan, but i'm going to agree with Grinch... sign me up for round 2 though, 5 months from now.
    DG is right, The heat of summer and all this traveling might be bad for the health of the cigars, let's hold off on this untill the fall.

Dan

Thread Information