Thread: Tampa Humidors

Thumbs down Tampa Humidors

I got my order in today from Tampa Humidor. I could not be more upset. I almost threw this piece of junk out the window. Here are the list of defects:

- The key hole is screwed in sideways.
    - The accessory drawer has more of a rambling motion than a sliding motion.
    - Numerous chips and bare spots along the seams, too many to count.
    -They said it was supposed to hold 150 cigars, I'd be suprised if it holds 50! I'm not kidding, it would be very, very tight.

So what now? I get to return this, and pay the $20 shipping to do so. Then the whole process starts all over again. Cuban Crafters just got themselves a new customer.

Man I'm pissed

2. Default

I have never really had a problem with them and I am a regular customer. I know Mike (the owner) will probably give you either a refund or send you a new humidor and pay for any shipping costs that might be required.

return it. usually when they say a certain capacity it's for s certain size cigar.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

I called them up today. They were very apologetic and UPS will be picking the humidor up Monday or Tuesday to return it. I was pleased with their actions in this case.

Blog Entries

Just a little FYI, and excuse me if you already know this, but humi capacities are usually stated for corona sized cigars....6 x 46'ish or so and most likely you will not be able to fit that many of the normal mix of churchills, toro's, robusto's, etc......that we all have. I have a 125 ct that usually has about 100 smokes in it, crammed to the gills.

**EDIT: Perhaps you should change the thumbs down on your first post since you were satisfied with their actions when you complained. One service failure does not a bad retailer make.
    Last edited by ashauler; 09-14-2007 at 12:40 PM. Reason: forgot something

I'm aware of this. That was the least of my worries. The structural deficiencies were my main concern. Nonetheless, the capacity on this humidor is without a doubt nowhere close to where they state it... regardless of the size.

On a different note, has anybody had any problems with Thompson humidors. I'm looking at this now: http://www.thompsoncigar.com/default...7&page=product

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JRas224 View Post
    I'm aware of this. That was the least of my worries. The structural deficiencies were my main concern. Nonetheless, the capacity on this humidor is without a doubt nowhere close to where they state it... regardless of the size.

On a different note, has anybody had any problems with Thompson humidors. I'm looking at this now: http://www.thompsoncigar.com/default...7&page=product
    Got my first one from them, works just fine and arrived undamaged. The one I got is called the barrel I think and has a plexi top. Doesn't seem to leak though as it holds steady rh .

I have a 100 count on my desk top and the LDF lancero's are a hair too long so they have to go in on an angel.

Quote Originally Posted by JRas224 View Post
    I called them up today. They were very apologetic and UPS will be picking the humidor up Monday or Tuesday to return it. I was pleased with their actions in this case.
    I'm sure you will continue to be pleased with their service. Mistakes happen. Mike is good people, he will fix things.

I have bought all my humi's there over the last couple years. I had a problem ONCE with a humidor and he fixed it right away. No questions asked. It's the right way to do business and he does it well.

Like it was stated before the sizes are stated using Corona sized cigars. They never hold that man when you start putting different sizes in there.

I have seen the 'Lucky Seven' Humidor up close and decided not to buy it. I just was not impressed with the door seal mostly. I guess if you had a fast turn over of your smokes and wanted to keep a fair amount of beads in it, it would work.

Thread Information