Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beer Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Beer is great. I like to try some of the local brews around me. The ones I like around Maryland are Clipper City (golden ale, and their heavy seas brands which are 8%+ beers). I also had a beer I liked when I visited Maine (Shipyard Pumpkin Head it tasted like pumpkin pie).

Shiner Bock is my go to beer, but when I'm living large, it's Duvel. Course most of the time I'm a Scotch man, drinking The Macallan 12 or 16, and I've also been known to buy a bottle of Bushmills single malt 16 as that is the finest Irish whiskey ever made.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Beer, and I mean good beer, is one of man's greatest achievements.

Drew, you mentioned the Brooklyn Chocolate Stout. I love that stuff. Every time I go to NYC we hit up the brewery. Last time I was there we ended up carrying home like 4 cases of the stuff on the subway.

McEwans Scotch Ale and also their IPA are probably my 2 favorites right now. I also like Boddingtons Pub Ale.

I wish I lived in the Northeast again because there are so many microbrews up there. I just don't see them down here.

spiffy

I've fallen in love with Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale. Too bad I can't get it here in MS.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

I have Miller lite and a medium bodied, brown lager (homebrew) on draft right now. I have a German Pils/rye ale kegged and a light lager aging.

Hmmm.. Beer......

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    I've fallen in love with Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale. Too bad I can't get it here in MS.
    Yep MS sucks when it comes to big beers or microbrews. Fortunately, I live close enough to TN and AR to make a beer run.

I did pick up some Sam Adams Cream Stout at Kroger(in MS). Pretty damn good stuff, look for it.

Tyler, miller lite, really, so a lawyer and a piss-water drinker, man, I don't know if I can interact on the same board as you anymore Don't try to act like the homebrewing saves you either.

I'm having a belgian beer tasting and cigar night tonight, so lots of great varieties to be tried. Feel bad for Chris and Wox, in NYC we get all the great microbrew selections.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

8. Default

I landed a bottle of St. Bernardus Abt 12 60th Anniversary Special Edition. That is gonna be good. I also landed a bottle of Stone XI.

I think I'm gonna ring in the New Year with the St. Bernardus.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacFU View Post
    Tyler, miller lite, really, so a lawyer and a piss-water drinker, man, I don't know if I can interact on the same board as you anymore Don't try to act like the homebrewing saves you either.

I'm having a belgian beer tasting and cigar night tonight, so lots of great varieties to be tried. Feel bad for Chris and Wox, in NYC we get all the great microbrew selections.
    Yep it sucks, MS is beer hell. Nothing above 5% is legal here. Linky

Hey chefboy, here's a couple of more good links to read while to screwing around at work.
    http://www.msbrew.com/
    http://www.meba.ms/
    Last edited by WOXOF; 12-09-2007 at 05:15 AM.

I'm always in the mood for a good stout!

Another beer that i'm quite fond of, is called Warsteiner. Simply a great beer... (kinda reminds me of the CAO Sopranos cigar, just a real enjoyable experiance) YMMV

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

If you haven't gotten a chance to try it yet give Samuel Adams Black Lager a chance. I tried this last night and loved it. Full flavor, nice and smooth, and very complex. It came in a variety pack with Honey Porter and Irish Red as well. The Irish Red was alright but a little bitter to me though. Jury is still out on the Honey Porter.

12. Default

I usually drink MGD or heineken at home and mickeys when im out and about

a few months ago my cousin told me about "kobonas" its actually pretty good and i make em once or twice a week

basically its king kobra malt liquor with salt and lime or lemon added like you would with a corona, hence the term "kobona"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by r.j. zaps View Post

a few months ago my cousin told me about "kobonas" its actually pretty good and i make em once or twice a week

basically its king kobra malt liquor with salt and lime or lemon added like you would with a corona, hence the term "kobona"
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

14. Talking

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post

Try it, it shouldn't cost more that $2.25 for all the ingredients lol
    Last edited by r.j. zaps; 10-08-2010 at 07:44 AM.

Blog Entries

Try it, it shouldn't cost more that $2.25 for all the ingredients lol
    I rest my case.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Any recipe that starts with malt liquor will not end well...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    Clearly.
    Currently lol-ing out loud here. Shiftkey Brewery. That's good guys.

Oh dude! There's a ShiftKey in my state's capital. It's AWESOME!
    Last edited by FightingFish; 01-12-2013 at 07:49 PM. Reason: don't have a CommaGrounds or a Postrphe S brewery yet.

Blog Entries

I enjoyed some Brooklyn Local 1 in my new beer glass.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375572352.723624.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	3508

Blog Entries

I had a Heineken out of a can last Saturday.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information