Thread: Beer Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shiner Bock is my go to beer, but when I'm living large, it's Duvel. Course most of the time I'm a Scotch man, drinking The Macallan 12 or 16, and I've also been known to buy a bottle of Bushmills single malt 16 as that is the finest Irish whiskey ever made.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Beer, and I mean good beer, is one of man's greatest achievements.

Drew, you mentioned the Brooklyn Chocolate Stout. I love that stuff. Every time I go to NYC we hit up the brewery. Last time I was there we ended up carrying home like 4 cases of the stuff on the subway.

McEwans Scotch Ale and also their IPA are probably my 2 favorites right now. I also like Boddingtons Pub Ale.

I wish I lived in the Northeast again because there are so many microbrews up there. I just don't see them down here.

spiffy

Ah yes McEwans Scotch Ale is a great beer. I haven't been able to find it around here but was lucky enough to try some in Scotland.

When I lived in Colorado, I was in beer heaven. Every town had a microbrewery and they were all fantastic. Now that I'm on the east coast, I have to actually look to find good beer. Anythign microbrew and anything from colorado would be my favorites.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

YES! The local place is now carrying Delerium Tremens...ahh, I could live off of this stuff.

Another great beer to add to the list that I had last night. Steam Whistle Pilsner. Brewed out of Toronto, Ontario. Very tasty and refreshing. Steam Whistle Linky

edit: Forgot a link
    Last edited by drew_goring; 11-24-2007 at 12:28 AM.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

What a kawinky-dink, I just bought 4 bottles of the Delirium Nocturnum Noel (Christmas one). Hmm Hmm good. The normal Delirium Tremens and Nocturnum are always available in Total Wine. The Noel only comes out during the Holidays, so get as much as you can, if you see it. LOL.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by JFellows View Post
    YES! The local place is now carrying Delerium Tremens...ahh, I could live off of this stuff.

Samuel Adams "Wee Heavy". Oh, yeah!!!

'nuff said - try it!

Default Beer lover for sure.

Used to homebrew, everything from scratch, ground my own grain, the whole works, kegged my beer, had a 4 tap fridge. Really love the heavy beers, Russian Imperial Stout, Trippels and Dubbels, but dont confine myself to those. No more time to homebrew, but a lot of great choices on the market, and one good brewpub in Charleston and a very good one in Savannah.

Robert

"Gumption" Woodchuck Hard Apple cider

Thread Information