nOOb alert

Having fallen into the "Never seen a sampler I could resist" camp I find myself awash in "alleged" quality sticks. Frankly, it appears I could exist for an interminable time simply by falling for the daily "deals" and the last chance offers at check-out.... Currently frantically looking for an ice chest to store the recent "deals", should be able to make a down-payment ton a yacht with all the money I've saved ...

Ratings appear to be highly weighted toward the mechanics: appearance, construction, lighting, burning, draw. Frankly, it seems appearance and construction are only important wrt the delivery of the smoke (draw, volume,density) I definitely agree that a good draw and even burning is a necessary condition for an enjoyable smoke, and a deficiency in that area is destined for the trash immediately.

OK - given a pleasant draw, i.e smoke delivery system. What now? Smoke does not appear to fire my taste buds (no chocolate, onion and strawberry with hints of rotting Brussels sprouts ... perhaps a good thing, now that I think about it ) I will occasionally detect a hotter (spicier?) effect toward the end, likely because of concentration of tars & nicotine? Mild, medium, bold have no reference point for me and web descriptions don't seem to help.

Any suggestions how to proceed? Perhaps I need to switch to Roy-Tans instead of arranging financing for a Gurkha's His Majesties Reserve?

Cheers,

Rusty