Thread: Shoot Em Up

Default Shoot Em Up

Barely made it through the 1st five minutes. I really like Paul Giamatti and Clive Owen too, but this was almost physically distressing to watch. Terribly unrealistic and weak dialogue as well. I kept thinking it might be a dream sequence, but now I think it was more of a nightmare................for me.

I agree, not that good of a dialog but had some good action sequences. A good movie to watch while drunk.

3. Default

I thought it was ok, but I have a huge thing for Monica Belluci. You all should see her in "Brotherhood of the Wolf". Ohhhh, so nice!!!!!!!!!

I was actually a bit disappointed in the movie itself, then again when it comes to movies I am sort of a realist. Especially in shooting sequences. Oh well.

i think everyone will agree that the chick is smoking hot!
    didn't catch the entire movie. i had a bad vibe going in cuz i hate the main actor. children of men was so disappointing for me.
    i actually enjoyed the movie. its not trying to be a mind popper or best written movie. it knows its an action flick for pure entertainment and i feel it delivered. you can walk in on any of the action sequences and be entertained for a few minutes.
    the plot wasn't original but it keeps you wanting to watch a little more.
    its a good movie to pop in while youre gettin drunk with you buddys and want smth in the background to watch in and out.

id give it a 3.8/5

lol...sorry for the long review......im a little twisted

I have brotherhood of the wolf on dvd somewhere. Beautiful movie, shot in french and dubbed in english I think. Good action too. Came out back before the horror genre took off again.

Blog Entries

well, I have this movie rented and on my "now playing" list tonight. I'm really not picky over movies, as long as there's something going on that I don't see every day....I'm good!

[edit] I'm gonna go with what Victory01 says, cool movie to watch, just don't expect great plot or dialog. I can certainly live with unrealistic action sequences, of which there are plenty. Have a couple beers and watch this. [/edit]
    Last edited by bigwhiteash; 01-09-2008 at 09:40 AM.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Chalk up another vote to the "better while drunk". Too many bad one-liners for my taste.

I am a fan of Giamatti as well, not so much for Owen.

Now Monica Bellucci is gorgeous. I love Brotherhood of the Wolf. That's a great scene where they transition from a closeup of a naked Bellucci to the mountain panorama. A little trivia, the guy that played Mani, the ass kicking sidekick, is Mark Dacascos who is also the Chairman on Iron Chef America.

spiffy

I thought the movie was kind of funny. It was so unrealistic it was comical. But the Title says it all and thats what you should expect, just a bunch of people shooting guns at each other. I still liked it though.

9. Default

I think it was meant to be a satire on action movies itself...vague plot, stupid signature styles (carrots), and laughable puns...

Even the title sounds so generic - like a Segal movie...

7/10

Thread Information