Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The cigars to stay away from

Those cohiba's that guy was selling

2. Default

I will probably get some folks disagreeing with me here, as a lot of people have recommended these smokes to me, but I HATE "Nub" cigars. The only thing I like about them is that the ash REALLY hangs on there. I was smoking one the other day and I went to rest it on the ash tray (it was about half way smoked with all the ash still there) but dropped it before I got it there. The thing LANDED ON THE ASH but the ash did not break! Heck, it barely even bent. I didnt finish the whole thing, as it tasted like garbage, but I was impressed that the ash never fell off. I saw in a magazine that someone smoked one as far as they could and then stood it vertically on the ash and it didnt even fall over. Wild.

3. Default

I will probably get some folks disagreeing with me here, as a lot of people have recommended these smokes to me, but I HATE "Nub" cigars. The only thing I like about them is that the ash REALLY hangs on there. I was smoking one the other day and I went to rest it on the ash tray (it was about half way smoked with all the ash still there) but dropped it before I got it there. The thing LANDED ON THE ASH but the ash did not break! Heck, it barely even bent. I didnt finish the whole thing, as it tasted like garbage, but I was impressed that the ash never fell off. I saw in a magazine that someone smoked one as far as they could and then stood it vertically on the ash and it didnt even fall over. Wild.

Being a cigar newb.. I really havent been impressed with Drew Estates... Maybe i had a FEW bad sticks??

The only cigar I would smoke from them is the Liga Privada. It has become a favorite. It is nothing like anything else they carry. I would recommend it to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by trodd View Post
    Being a cigar newb.. I really havent been impressed with Drew Estates... Maybe i had a FEW bad sticks??
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

Quote Originally Posted by trodd View Post
    Drew Estate makes POOP, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by logan37 View Post
    Drew Estate makes POOP, IMO.

Come on man! Admit it! I've seen you hiding in the corner smoking those Nasty Blondie's!
    "some people are like slinkies, they're not really good for anything but they can bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs." –Unknown

"He did for bullshit what Stonehenge did for rocks." -Cecil Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth View Post
    Come on man! Admit it! I've seen you hiding in the corner smoking those Nasty Blondie's!
    Is that the one with the motorcycle or the wind-surfer on the band??

I was waiting for the bus and noticed a quickie mart with a humidor against the far wall. I walked over to see what they had and noticed they stored Acids in with the rest of the boxes. I suggested to the guy that might affect the flavor of the others in the humidor and he assured me that he knew what he was doing and they'd be fine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarbear View Post
    I was waiting for the bus and noticed a quickie mart with a humidor against the far wall. I walked over to see what they had and noticed they stored Acids in with the rest of the boxes. I suggested to the guy that might affect the flavor of the others in the humidor and he assured me that he knew what he was doing and they'd be fine.
    Have you ever worked at a Quickie Mart? No? Then leave it to the experts!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jafount View Post
    Well....as has been said so much in the past...the best cigar is the one you like. I guess the same can be said for the worst, right?

For me a Te Amo anything and (I know a lot of you will disagree with me on this) a Cusano 18 Robusto. Either of these brands tastes like a big ole grass fire to me.
    Not me! I agree with you 100% on the Te Amo and the Cusanos.

There are so many $hitty cigars out there, I don't even know where to begin.

Acids
    Anything from Thompsons
    Don Mateo
    Drew Estates
    Puros Indios

Most of you guys already listed some of the worst of the worst, not much need for me to repeat anymore of them, LOL!
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 02-27-2009 at 11:04 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Not me! I agree with you 100% on the Te Amo and the Cusanos.

There are so many $hitty cigars out there, I don't even know where to begin.

Acids
    Anything from Thompsons
    Don Mateo
    Drew Estates

Most of you guys already listed some of the worst of the worst, not much need for me to repeat anymore of them, LOL!
    I like the Cusano 18 paired maduro........I sent some to a canadian once .

Thread Information