Thread: A New Page

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorry to hear about that. You seem to be taking it with a good attitude. BTW, if any of his actions are documented, you could have quite the case in court. Several of the things you mention him doing are not acceptable employment practices, I think.

If any of the managers in my workplace acted in this way they would be fired very quickly if these actions were documented, but I work for a very large company that is very careful about these things.

Again, sorry to hear it. Perhaps a better opportunity will come up and you will be happier. Working for a crappy boss really sucks.

Got a job interview Friday with DirectTv.
    Cross your fingers.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

Quote Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
    Got a job interview Friday with DirectTv.
    Cross your fingers.
    I somehow missed this thread, but that really sucks. Sounds like it may have been for the best though. Good luck with the hunt.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

i agree with everyone else, and if what you are saying is true, and have some sort of documentation...it should be an easy win...

i worked at a fancy restaurant as a valet...and the manager was a complete idiot, and would come out side and bitch at me for stuff that i had absolutly nothing to do with (like wat goes on in the kitchen) hell, he wouldnt let any of the valet's get any food, or even a glass of water, or even use the toilet, we had to go piss in the bushes, and drink water out of the hose (no joke, workin in the summer and winter sucked) and when it is 0 degrees out side, even when there is only one customer left to leave at the end of the night, we had to stand outside in the cold.

SO after a while, i got sick, and i ended up having to quit because standing out in the cold every night was just making me worse

Douchebag bosses run businesses into the ground, luckily the owner (David Burke whose a famous chef in NY) booted the asshole, because he quickly realized that the asshole had no idea what he was doing, and was constantly making everyone feel like shit who worked in the restaurant and the new guy who is cool. im thinkin of going back in the summer

Moral of the story, this douchebag will pay his dues. what goes around comes around! dont worry, things might work out for the better dont worry, you'll find another job(maybe better than the last with more $$).
    Bessie Braddock: Mr Churchill, you are drunk.
    Winston Churchill: And you madam, are ugly. But I shall be sober tomorrow.

Wow, what a trip man. Not only is he a major league but then he tries to make himself feel better by letting you know what a tortured soul you are. He'll get his soon enough, karma is a bitch.

I have a friend who works for DirecTV. He seems to like it and I got a crazy deal on service.

Good luck man,

spiffy

Well, I'm officially an employee of Direct TV. The hours are horrible. Pretty much night shift. So I have two weeks before training starts and I'm taking this time to see if I can do better. Tomorrow I am putting my application in at a furniture factory about 5 minutes from my place. Pay is good and the work sucks, I've done it for 4 years. But sometimes you gotta be responsible ... right sarge?

Wish me luck on getting the crappy job.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

7. Default

Go find a job at a power company or contractor being a lineman. Pike is in Alabama as far as I know. Grunt starts at 12$ hr and lineman tops at
    24$hr
    The older I get ,the better I was

Thread Information