Thread: Fishing

1. Default Fishing

Any fishermen out there? Always been into fishing, last year my cousin bought a boat and have become really big into it. We go striped bass fishing almost every night after work. Once the water temp. gets up a bit we also go shark fishing. We go nights we can get out of work early which is quite a bit being hes the boss and can pretty much pick any day we want to go. Also go weekend overnighters and stuff. Pulled in a 150# thresher shark this year and a bunch of smaller makos. Anybody else out there like fishing? Also do you smoke while fishing? I find that once the fishing action picks up I cant fully enjoy the cigar or fishing experience.

I LOVE FISHING! Freshwater mostly. I fish a few local clubs but like to travel at least once a year to fish different water. I have a Bullet 21XD with a 250XS Merc on the back.
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

3. Default

I like to fish, but never get a chance to aside from my Grandfathers old lake or my friends lake pad...

Also, I'm fully old school...nothing but bamboo as a rod, some fishing line, worm, and a cold beer (now maybe a cigar)...I'll leave the reel for tha pros!

4. Default

I love freshwater also. I go to Lake George for a week every year. Fished there so much last year that my girlfriend dosnt want to come up this year. I tried a few local lakes and what not over the past summer to try and get more into freshwater but havent found a spot worth my time.

Blog Entries

I have a boat and like to fish, freshwater for me too. I like to troll around for walleye...which leaves plenty of time for the drinking and smoking.

I'm too lazy to be a bass fisherman.

Blog Entries

I LOVE me some Fishing

Beaufort SC has access to some of the best salt, brackish, and freswater fishing in the country!

My favorite is Spottail Bass (or to outsiders...Redfish), Spotted trout are VERY plentiful during the colder months, and are Delicious!

Nearby Combahee river is loaded with largemouth and crappie, and if you want them, catfish.

mid summer is SHRIMPIN season. with some time left over for catchin blue crabs. damn.... now I'm hungry
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

I love to hit the local streams for trout (rainbow, brown, cutthroat, and brook) with a fly-rod. I do not get to do this nearly enough

I always have a cigar while walking/wading the stream. This is probably the only activity where I light up the larger smokes- churchills etc. They get slobbery and soft by the time I am finished, but last upwards of a couple hours. I smoked one of those big ass Jeroboam cigars the last time I went and nearly got through the whole thing
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

i love fishing. one of the few things i look forward to in the summer. i dont even care if we don't catch anything sometimes. its nice to get out to some fresh air and calm water.
    i go at least every other wknd with my dad. he goes almost everyday but i work long hrs in the summer.
    this year his buddy is buyin a boat so im pretty excited. should be a nice one.

here are some pics from a trip out last season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02487.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	736   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02497.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	737   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02956.JPG 
Views:	174 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	738  

9. Default

This is the 150# Thresher Shark we cought this summer. It was our first shark. Took about 45 minutes to get in. One thing I find amazing about sharks is, it took 2 12 gauge slugs to the head, was still alived. Tied it backwards to the boat in the water and dragged it for a good 10 minutes, and when we pulled him on the boat he still had some life left. By the way Im 2nd from the right in the picture. The 2 hour ride back in 90 degree weather on a 22 foot center console is the culprit of the "zombie" look we all have. Anyone else have pictures of their catch. I love seeing peoples catch and hearing fishing stories.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thresher.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	745  

Here's where I go at Badin Lake, NC a couple times a year. Only accessable by boat. .. .. ..

The North Myrtle Beach fishing hole. The inlet at Cherry Grove. About time to start getting back out there. .. ..

Blog Entries

that is a beautiful location in NC
    I know all about the "only accessible by boat" thing, very little in beaufort is accessible from the bank, worth fishing anyway.
    What are you frying up in the last pic?

I hope that's Fish
    Last edited by bigwhiteash; 02-14-2008 at 09:22 AM.

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    Also, I'm fully old school...nothing but bamboo as a rod, some fishing line, worm, and a cold beer (now maybe a cigar)...I'll leave the reel for tha pros!
    thats real fishing right there (minus the beer) i also do a fair amount of bait and spin cast as well as fly, but nothing is as good as the old bamboo rod. try floating in an inner tube in the middle with a stringline for he fish. thats real lazy.
    Mark 8:36

I do love to go fishing but I am one of the worst fisherman ever. I hardly ever catch anything, I have terrible luck and probably no skill. I plan to take it up again someday, I have a buddy who's a frequent fisherman so maybe he can show me what I've been doing wrong all my life.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwhiteash View Post
    that is a beautiful location in NC
    I know all about the "only accessible by boat" thing, very little in beaufort is accessible from the bank, worth fishing anyway.
    What are you frying up in the last pic?

I hope that's Fish
    That would be catfish. Love fresh catfish sandwiches. Coated in hot seafood breader and fried up right on the bank. Couple of the guys are good hunters too. We eat pretty damn good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pub spears View Post
    Coated in hot seafood breader and fried up right on the bank.

Would that be House-Autry seafood breader? (the only prepackaged breader thats getting past my teeth)
    Last edited by bigwhiteash; 02-15-2008 at 09:00 AM.

~ Col. Sanders ~

~ ashauler ~

Blog Entries

Would that be House-Autry seafood breader? (the only prepackaged breader thats getting past my teeth)
    Aunt Jamima's pancake mix and beer......and a couple of nice size walleye!! WooHoo

Yes Sir.

Thread Information