Thread: Shade

Default Shade

I bought the movie when it came out. Highly recommend it to any poker buff. I decided to watch it again today, after smoking an Oliva Serie V Double Robusto (amazing cigar). Anyways, as I was watching the movie, they had a scene where the "Dean" took out a cigar and was lighting it up. I don't think I was much of a cigar smoking buff when I got this movie, BUT I got a kick out of it when I saw the cigar he was lighting up!!!!!!!

You guys will have to rent the movie to find out what cigar he smokes. Only the best I guess.

Andrew

Looks good! I dont believe I overlooked this. I was searching for a good poker movie that was as good as Rounders. Don't ever watch All-in. Forget poker movie, just a horrible movie period. There was also a terrible romance/poker movie with Drew Barrymore that I was forced to watch on a flight...I hate her.

LOL! I've watched neither of those movies, but I'll take your word for it and stay away from them.

This isn't really a poker movie, but hussling/scamming at the card table. It's actually pretty neat how they do all the tricks. I love the opening credits.

Quote Originally Posted by victory01 View Post
    Looks good! I dont believe I overlooked this. I was searching for a good poker movie that was as good as Rounders. Don't ever watch All-in. Forget poker movie, just a horrible movie period. There was also a terrible romance/poker movie with Drew Barrymore that I was forced to watch on a flight...I hate her.

ok i got this movie on my netflix list ill let you guys know how it is in the next couple of days.

Just watched this a couple nights ago. Pretty good flick- kind of reminding me of the old Sting movies with all the tricks, twists and turns. I also caught the cigar you speak of. It looks like Sylvester was actually enjoying it too. Still trying to figure out what the other guy at the table was smoking?
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Yeah, I like the little twists. Jamie Foxx was pretty funny too.

Sylvester knows his cigars man. If you noticed, they had to zoom in on that particular cigar. The band was perfectly visible to the camera too.

I have no idea what the other cigar was, they didn't do any close up shots with it. I guess it wasn't anything special compared to what Sylvester was smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by slcraiders View Post
    Just watched this a couple nights ago. Pretty good flick- kind of reminding me of the old Sting movies with all the tricks, twists and turns. I also caught the cigar you speak of. It looks like Sylvester was actually enjoying it too. Still trying to figure out what the other guy at the table was smoking?

i thought that movie was awesome it had so many twist and Stallone is such a bad ass. i give it

Thread Information