Thread: Mild Cigars

1. Default Mild Cigars

After reading a thread in the review section about favorite Mild/medium/full cigars I started thinking. For some reason I find any cigar that is even remotely mild horriable. I have only smoked a few since I cant find a taste for them. But for me it is the more full bodied the better. Im thinking maybe Im not smoking the right mild cigars. What are some of your suggestions for nice mild cigar? Also on the other end of the scale what are your suggestions on the most full bodied cigars? What do you consider to be the best mild and the best full bodied? Thanks in advance, Im still trying to find what I like best but cant seem to find mild cigar that suits me.

2. Default

Ashton Aged Maduros are a tasty mild cigar.

What Oliva says:

~Today there are a larger variety of cigars than ever before. Selecting a cigar is the first and most important part of the experience. First, decide the level of body you are comfortable with. Strength for the sake of strength is overrated. A full body cigar should be felt in your stomach rather than in your throat or on your palate. The thickness of the wrapper leaf is a good measure of the body of a cigar. A thicker wrapper will generally deliver fuller body as it has a greater amount of oils. The thickness of the wrapper can be gauged by looking at the area where the wrapper overlaps in a cigar. Next, you will need to decide on a size. This should be determined by the amount of time you have available for smoking as well as the amount of smoke you enjoy. The large ring gauges (52-60) deliver large amounts of smoke and flavor. The medium ring gauges (43-50) are ideal for most blends as they are a good balance of smoke and flavor.~

Try a Carlos Torano Casa Torano. They are a very good mild cigar. I was very surprised when I smoked my first. Ive been wanting to pick up a box ever since.

Here ya go: http://www.cigarmonster.com/

Just a heads up it expires at Midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Ashton Aged Maduros are a tasty mild cigar.
    x2
    Mama said a lot of things and be thankful was the one she never minded saying twice

--Drive-By Truckers

Quote Originally Posted by prostartjr1738 View Post
    After reading a thread in the review section about favorite Mild/medium/full cigars I started thinking. For some reason I find any cigar that is even remotely mild horriable. I have only smoked a few since I cant find a taste for them. But for me it is the more full bodied the better. Im thinking maybe Im not smoking the right mild cigars. What are some of your suggestions for nice mild cigar? Also on the other end of the scale what are your suggestions on the most full bodied cigars? What do you consider to be the best mild and the best full bodied? Thanks in advance, Im still trying to find what I like best but cant seem to find mild cigar that suits me.
    Do the mild cigars taste bad, or do they just not have much taste? I find they generally lack taste compared to fuller bodied cigars, but rarely do they taste bad. I smoked a lot of milds when I first got into cigars, but nowadays I really only have one when I want to blow smoke.

That being said, these are my favorite milds:
    Montecristo White
    RP Conn
    Ashton Classic

Haven't had the Ashton Aged Mad, but hearing SLC and Sarge recommend it makes me want to. I did have a Casa Torano and remember enjoying it, but that was probably a year ago.

Sometimes connecticut wrappers don't taste good to me. There are mild maduros such as the ashton, also the CAO Gold maduro is a mild maduro.

I think the Chateau Real is a flavorful smoke along with the perdomo cabinet reserve champage.

Another thing I have noticed is some people think they should smoke big dark cigars to be manly. I personally do not discriminate. A Good cigar is a good cigar. I will smoke a 601 green as quickly as I will smoke an ashton double magnum. Both tasty in their own way.

Perdomo Cuban Cafe, Oliva MB, CT Exodus 1959.

Columbus/Canton, OH (home of the Pro Football Hall of Fame!!!)

I'm not much of a mild man myself but if I were to have one I would go with the CAO Gold, Don Kiki Green label, or the RP Connecticut. The Don Kiki has some great taste for such a mild cigar.

11. Default

Thanks guys I will try some of them next time I get to my B&M. I have tried the CAO Gold and found it was like sucking in air. No taste whatsoever to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    Sometimes connecticut wrappers don't taste good to me.
    I'm with you on that, most connecticut shade wraps tast like burning paper to me.

Casa Torano, as stated, is a nice smoke
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Gotta agree with the casa torano. Its my go to morning smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kass View Post
    Gotta agree with the casa torano. Its my go to morning smoke.
    Yes. My only complaint is that i wish it came in a petit corona. If they did that, I'd buy a box. There you have it, ladies and gentlemen, I'm putting myself out there, if Torano makes a petit corona CT, I'm buying a box!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaiguan Juan View Post
    Yes. My only complaint is that i wish it came in a petit corona. If they did that, I'd buy a box. There you have it, ladies and gentlemen, I'm putting myself out there, if Torano makes a petit corona CT, I'm buying a box!
    I usually only smoke in the morning when I have lots of time, so only on weekends or days when I have nothing to do. So the torpedo works out great.

Thread Information