So I purchased this coin last week. Paid promptly and all. I received the coin today and noticed there was significant toning and a black-like dirt on the back. It's graded by NGC, but the coin was nothing I expected. The seller didn't really give any description on the coin other than it's rare. There were 2 images, but the images didn't show the toning or the dirt. My collection is nice clean coins graded by NGC MS-66, so I'm very specific on what I want in my collection.

He has a 3-day return policy, so I spent $50 to overnight the thing so he gets it tomorrow morning, but I emailed him this afternoon to tell him I wasn't satisfied and would want a refund and would be sending it overnight. I just got an email from him, and he said he would not give me a refund and if I send him the coin, he will assume it was a gift and will keep it. So, I will be out a coin and money. Is this right? His arguement was that I knew what I was getting into and since he didn't imply there was significant toning, I can't return the coin.

I'm kinda pissed right now. With all this work stuff happening, and me having to relocate, I don't need this. It's $900 we are talking about here, so it's significant. Why post 3-day return policy and not adhere to it?

Andrew