Thread: Need to Vent. Any Ebayers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Need to Vent. Any Ebayers?

So I purchased this coin last week. Paid promptly and all. I received the coin today and noticed there was significant toning and a black-like dirt on the back. It's graded by NGC, but the coin was nothing I expected. The seller didn't really give any description on the coin other than it's rare. There were 2 images, but the images didn't show the toning or the dirt. My collection is nice clean coins graded by NGC MS-66, so I'm very specific on what I want in my collection.

He has a 3-day return policy, so I spent $50 to overnight the thing so he gets it tomorrow morning, but I emailed him this afternoon to tell him I wasn't satisfied and would want a refund and would be sending it overnight. I just got an email from him, and he said he would not give me a refund and if I send him the coin, he will assume it was a gift and will keep it. So, I will be out a coin and money. Is this right? His arguement was that I knew what I was getting into and since he didn't imply there was significant toning, I can't return the coin.

I'm kinda pissed right now. With all this work stuff happening, and me having to relocate, I don't need this. It's $900 we are talking about here, so it's significant. Why post 3-day return policy and not adhere to it?

Andrew

Contact his local PD and report him for fraud and/or theft. We have had several complaints from different parts of the country about a woman that lives in my area that has been scamming people and she was charged and successfully prosecuted, so it can be done. I would also tell him that and see if he sings a different tune.
    "If your wife doesn't like the aroma of your cigar - change your wife."
    Zino Davidoff

Now that I know what they are:
    +1 Termite
    +1 Raisin

Did you pay via paypal? They are usually pretty good at this kind of thing. Also contact ebay. Since the return was in his listing he is obligated to uphold it, and ebay will crack down on him as well. For $900 I would explore every avenue including calling the local PD. Contact the seller again and let him know you are taking action, might scare him into refunding your money.

On another note, man I wish I had $900 to spend on a coin. I could get some primo boxes for that.

spiffy

All are good advise. paypal is good, PD also. Contact Ebay. If he has a 3 day return policy and you went by the rules ebay will side with you. The more you get documented the better off you will be
    Family, Friends and a good cigar. Oh and some fishing too!

If you paid with it via credit card I would send the item back regardless of what he claims that it is a "gift" since you did not agree to that and since he has a 3 day money back guarantee. You should be able to get your money back via paypal and or your credit card. If he doesn't want to voluntarily give it back there is plenty of recourse (the credit card company probably being the best). If he doesn't give the money back he could have criminal charges brought against him such as grand theft (it only takes a phone call). Make sure though you save all your communication with him and if you do send it back make sure you expressly state you are following the money back guarantee provision as described in the contract for sale and returning the item.

maybe the guy will just be a cool guy, and give u back ur money....
    Bessie Braddock: Mr Churchill, you are drunk.
    Winston Churchill: And you madam, are ugly. But I shall be sober tomorrow.

Thread Information