Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The KC/DW Review Series

Default Gran Habano Corojo #5 Imperiales 6x60

My last review was the Gran Robusto, big brother of the Rothschild.
    Meet Paps. Big daddy of the Gran Habano Corojo family.

KC slipped this one in the last package he sent. I purposely let it hibernate in my humi for a couple weeks to balance. Unlike the other Gran Habanos with large bands this one has only a red & gold foot band with "Corojo #5", maybe a "premium" cigar trademark, I'm not sure.

This is a very impressive looking vitola with a dark, reddish-brown Corojo wrapper. Smooth, oily and very tight. This beaut is well packed with a robust blend of Nicaraguan and Costa Rican long-fillers. I alloted a couple hours of self-indulgence just in case.

Toasting took some time, about half a lighter of butane and some patience before I got a good ember. But, one cannot skip this little pre-nuptual ritual. A good cigar needs a little foreplay to get it in the mood.
    Like the other Gran Habano Corojos it is a medium to full flavored stick but not at all harsh or bitter. This larger size makes it burn slightly cooler, with a lot of creamy, aromatic smoke. Shades of coffee, spice and everything nice justify taking time between puffs and just letting it burn at it's own pace. Midway the flavors changed a bit to a nutty, woodsy, earthy flavor and still fairly even burn. The last half started to burn down one side but not unmanageable.
    I usually touch the unburned leaf with my lighter to help even things out. I can't tell that this changes the flavor but it does help a little with the burn.
    After about an hour and twenty minutes of relaxing and rewarding contemplation, I have concluded that the Gran Habano family of cigars are consistantly good. Although my favorite is still the Rothschild, there is actually very little difference across the size range of Corojo's. Per Ashauler's recommendation I will be trying their Connecticut series as well.

On a scale of 1-10 I rate this cigar 8.3.

Thanks again to KC for a good cigar.

Blog Entries

Great reviews, guys

The Corojo #5 are some of my all time favorites!
    I'm not really a Connecticut Shade fan, most taste like burning paper to me.
    "We're at NOW now... everything that's hapening now... is happening NOW!"

~ Col. Sanders ~

"I guess all we need to do now is give a shit what you think. I'll work on that."

~ ashauler ~

Default La Aurora 1495 Series Robusto Connecticutt 5x52

On page 4 KC and I both reviewed a cigar in this series. He gave the Natural a 95.5 and I gave the Brazil a 9. In this series there is also a Corojo, Camaroon and Connecticut. These are basically the same cigar with different wrappers. There is no need to recap the previous reviews but I would like to point out some subtle differences.

The Connecticut is by no means a mild cigar although the light, silky-smooth wrapper might lead one to think so. Beneath the skin lies a hearty Nicaraguan Corojo binder and under that the Nicaraguan & Peruvian Ligero fillers. The "Old World" full-bodied kick holds true for the whole series.

These are incredibly robust cigars, but so well-balanced and rich in flavors that they are a pleasure to smoke. They are a perfect size and burn for about an hour. In the same vitola a very similar tasting cigar is the Gran Habano #5 Corojo. However, it does not meet the qualities of this cigar. Instead of rating the Connecticut I would just like to say that I prefer the Corojo, Camaroon, Brazil, and Connecticut in that order. Someone else may very well prefer the Connecticut over the Corojo or whatever. As a series I would like to rate them all at 9 or above.
    I can highly recommend giving one or two of these a try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cigars0003.JPG 
Views:	184 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	816  
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 04-30-2008 at 03:14 PM.

Default Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva Churchill Camaroon 71/4x48

Probably one of the most popular in the Arturo Fuente Reserva line and rightfully so. You will find this cigar "Out of Stock" at most locations.
    I have always kept a few in the humi and tend to hoard them. I don't know why other than because they are getting harder to find and more expensive. But then just looking at them doesn't do much me, so I pulled one out last evening and once again realized that these are really good cigars.
    I guess the commonality of the Reserva line is the Dominican binder and filler. They offer several wrappers including a sumptuous Connecticut shade grown, a delicious maduro, and Ecuadorian sungrown.

At 71/4" it is an impressive looking cigar. The oily wrapper on this African camaroon was a perfect roll with few veins and a very smooth cap. It cut perfectly and drew easy.
    Actually, I have never been dissapointed with a Fuente, but of course some are just better, or simply appeal to one's taste.

It toasted well and lit quickly, immediately producing a spicy aroma without any bitterness or harshness. Once again I love the spiceness of this cigar. There is a little earthiness as one would expect from a Dominican. It is a good taste; a subtle undertone that permeates the entire cigar. The ash was a light grey, sitting a very uniform burn. Also, for a smaller ring guage it burns cooler than one might expect.

In this price range I believe it should be a standard by which others are judged. I know there are equals but not too many for a great cigar under 5 bucks. I plan to add a box to my collection soon.

On a scale of 1-10 I rate this cigar 9.3.

Default Nicarao Robusto 2006 5x52

This is a new cigar for me and I think fairly new to the market. I thought I would post a review for those who haven't tried it.

The Robusto (one of 4 shapes in the line-up) seemed to be a good choice to try. And, it was. The wrapper is as close to perfect as any I've seen. Firm, smooth roll, nice oily sheen, it was a pleasure just to roll between the fingers and feel the texture. The Corojo '99 leaf adds a noticeable spicyness to the already flavorful Nicaraguan filler.

The thick and hearty smoke produced is potent and full-bodied but well-balanced. I would not recommend it for beginners. What I really liked was the special spicyness that had a hint of anise, white pepper and cedar. It's a stick that should be savored, puffing just often enough to keep it alive. Very clean burn, light grey ash that I only tipped twice and consistant flavors throughout. I usually burn through a robusto in about 45 minutes but enjoyed this one for over an hour.

At around $3.50 per stick it is a good deal for a better-than-average cigar. Another really good buy that I will post soon is the Georges Reserve.

On a scale of 1-10 I rate this cigar 8.4.

Default Perdomo Cuban Parejo Epicure Rosado 6x62

This cigar received 5 out of 5 stars from the European Cigar Cult Journal (the leading authority on cigars in Europe) in 2001. A little research indicates that it is distinguished by it's large ring guage and painstaking blend of 5 different filler tobaccos from the Jalapa, Condega and Esteli regions of Nicaragua. The wrapper is a lustrous Nicaraguan sun-grown Rasado. Personally I wouldn't know if it were 5 different tobaccos or just 1, but I do know that it is probably the most flavorful and robust cigar that I have smoked to date. It is definately full-bodied and really packs a punch. I am somewhat frugal in some ways, one being that I nearly always smoke a cigar till the very end as I did this one. Around the last 2 inches I was not sure if I could handle it. Although frugal, I don't relish passing out from a nicotine overdose.

I cut this one with my new V-cutter and took a dry draw which was perfect. I really like the V-cutter and now use it on everything except of course figuardo type sticks. Toasting took some time but is always worth the extra effort. Finally, with a good ember I took a draw and new in an instant that I had a special cigar. Thick, creamy smoke and so full of intensly rich and complex flavors and yet no harshness or bitterness. I know that a large ring guage like this 62 will attribute to some of this but oh what a pleasure.

I'll skip the next 45 minutes because I don't remember them. I think I was strolling through a tobacco field somewhere in Nicaragua (I haven't been there so I didn't recognize the place). My point is, I just kicked back and really got into this cigar. It burned perfectly and the intensity of the flavors didn't stack up like many full-bodied cigars I've had.

Toward the very end it did seem a little stronger but I'm sure is was simply the quantity and not the quality that started to kick my butt. This big boy deserves a Rib Eye, fully dressed baked potato and a glass or two of Merlot before settling in for full enjoyment. I had it with a couple beers (Sapporo) which could account for part of my dizzyness but they really did work well together.

A couple of vendor (customer) ratings put this cigar at 9.4. For those who really like a stick this big I can believe that is so. But here, I am doing the rating and don't normally smoke a half pound of tobacco at one sitting. So I am basing my rating on flavor and taste alone, not on value, size or other flambouyant visual characteristics. So here goes.

On a scale of 1-10 I rate this cigar 9.4.

Default La Floridita Limited Edition Robusto 5x60

Another welcome surprise from a sampler. Normally I don't really don't consider a single cigar from a sampler because it's, well, just one cigar and I like to have a box to get an average. But this one was very impressive and I hope that some of you have tried them as well.

This healtly (60) rascal is is on the large size for a robusto vitola. I guess a little longer and it would be a "toro". Part of the Plasencia family it no doubt has a good heritage. It is a blend of Nicaraguan and Mexican longfillers with an Indonesian binder and rolled in a dark Brazilian Mata Fina. Very precise roll, no lumps, and smooth as a baby's butt.
    It toasted easily and I very soon had a hugh, glowing coal. A quick blow concluded that it was ready for action.
    Easy draw (again the v-cut) and I instantly new it was going to be a pleasure. I would call it medium although it is advertised as bold, it produced a very aromatic, earthy, thick smoke with goodly amounts of sweet spice and cedar on the palate. It was consistant throughout and ever so slightly increased in complexities and boldness on the finish.
    For me this is a premium cigar. The ash held on and on, perfectly white and uniform and finally I purposely tipped it at about 3" afraid it would fall in my lap or worse yet in my beer.
    On checking prices it is a very reasonable stick at around 3 bucks. No doubt I will soon have a box in the humi.
    Honestly, if you haven't tried one, you should.

On a scale of 1-10 I rate this cigar 8.9.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post
    This cigar received 5 out of 5 stars from the European Cigar Cult Journal (the leading authority on cigars in Europe) in 2001. A little research indicates that it is distinguished by it's large ring guage and painstaking blend of 5 different filler tobaccos from the Jalapa, Condega and Esteli regions of Nicaragua. The wrapper is a lustrous Nicaraguan sun-grown Rasado. Personally I wouldn't know if it were 5 different tobaccos or just 1, but I do know that it is probably the most flavorful and robust cigar that I have smoked to date. It is definately full-bodied and really packs a punch. I am somewhat frugal in some ways, one being that I nearly always smoke a cigar till the very end as I did this one. Around the last 2 inches I was not sure if I could handle it. Although frugal, I don't relish passing out from a nicotine overdose.

I cut this one with my new V-cutter and took a dry draw which was perfect. I really like the V-cutter and now use it on everything except of course figuardo type sticks. Toasting took some time but is always worth the extra effort. Finally, with a good ember I took a draw and new in an instant that I had a special cigar. Thick, creamy smoke and so full of intensly rich and complex flavors and yet no harshness or bitterness. I know that a large ring guage like this 62 will attribute to some of this but oh what a pleasure.

I'll skip the next 45 minutes because I don't remember them. I think I was strolling through a tobacco field somewhere in Nicaragua (I haven't been there so I didn't recognize the place). My point is, I just kicked back and really got into this cigar. It burned perfectly and the intensity of the flavors didn't stack up like many full-bodied cigars I've had.

Toward the very end it did seem a little stronger but I'm sure is was simply the quantity and not the quality that started to kick my butt. This big boy deserves a Rib Eye, fully dressed baked potato and a glass or two of Merlot before settling in for full enjoyment. I had it with a couple beers (Sapporo) which could account for part of my dizzyness but they really did work well together.

A couple of vendor (customer) ratings put this cigar at 9.4. For those who really like a stick this big I can believe that is so. But here, I am doing the rating and don't normally smoke a half pound of tobacco at one sitting. So I am basing my rating on flavor and taste alone, not on value, size or other flambouyant visual characteristics. So here goes.

Nice review, Deedubya. Thanks for sending me one of these; I will review it also and compare notes.

I noticed your reviews are evolving, showing more and more subtlety and depth. Do you notice this also? I find this exercise in writing reviews has certainly increased my sensitivity to the nuances of a good smoke. (And, I cracked up over the image of your strolling through the tobacco fields!)
    Last edited by King Catfish; 05-17-2008 at 01:19 PM.
    Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
    -Winston Churchill

Default Oliva Serie V Liga Especial Double Robusto (Natural)

Today I reviewed another gift from Deedubya, the Oliva Serie V Liga Especial Double Robusto (Natural). A little research told me that the Serie V Liga Especiale is a Nicaraguan Puro, carrying Jalapa Valley Ligero longfiller under a Nicaraguan binder, garbed in Nicaraguan Habano Sun Grown wrapper. So far, the Habano has been consistently my favorite variety of wrapper, so I was really excited about this cigar.

It was a stout robusto (5 x 54), almost a short toro in shape, clothed in a dark brown, slightly veiny wrapper with a smooth, oily texture and solid feel. The band is the classy chocolate, red and gold typical of this series. The cigar’s presentation is one of class and seriousness, a true work of tabacconists’ art. (I thought I could see the tiniest bit of plume here and there on the wrapper, and if I am right, I would guess that this cigar lived in good conditions for quite a while before sent to me.) I had allowed it to rest in my humidor for three or four weeks after its trip. To accompany this stick I poured myself a tumbler of Scotch over ice (after a bacon and turkey hoagie) and prepared to enjoy.

Prelight aroma was light and cedary, which was not what I was expecting from a cigar with this appearance. The cut was uneventful, and the prelight draw was perfect. I proceeded to toast the foot, and I was greeted with a faint dusky, cedary aroma. The first few puffs made a good showing in smoke volume and tasted woody and earthy. It had that sort of taste that suggested it was going to get rather assertive before the end. The first bit of ash was so white it was almost silvery. The burn line was razor-thin and somewhat uneven (probably my inexpert lighting technique). The wrapper left a faint earthy taste on the lips.

By the time the first third got going, the burn line had evened itself out, as if it was far too classy to permit itself to be uneven. Early in the first third this cigar was showing a really nice development in each draw. The cedar taste remained in the “front” of the taste; the flavor moved through earthiness as the smoke was held in the mouth, giving way to the aforementioned leather in the finish and on into the aftertaste. This taste of leather became respectably assertive rather quickly, and was “moving forward” into each draw. The ash became a very light whitish gray with a dusting of beige here and there; this beige is something I had never seen before in a cigar ash.

For so assertive a flavor and obviously full body, the smoke was not brash or aggressive either in the throat or on the tongue. By the time the second third got started the lovely leathery, earthy taste had become dominant, with the cedar receding into a smaller role, just a “Hello!” at the beginning of each draw. There was a bit of coffee beginning to emerge, perhaps a café mocha. In the middle of the cigar the smoke volume had become truly huge, and the ash had not yet fallen off, despite having reached more than two inches in length, the longest ash I have seen in this review series. It finally fell off and landed on its end, nearly three inches long, remaining standing there as if too proud to fall over. The cigar had been lit for 50 minutes at this point.

As the final third was beginning, the leather taste had become completely dominant, and some of the more subtle flavors had diminished (coffee, mocha) or disappeared altogether (cedar). (At this point, my wife took a puff and pronounced it “smooth”.)

The final third surprised me a bit… I had given the cigar a couple of minutes to recover its composure, and the flavors that had begun to wither under the push of leather had returned, and brought a friend, chocolate. The chocolate was shy, and kept to the corners, but was undeniably present. This was not to be the last friend brought to this soiree; I found it hard to believe, but a taste of cola, of all things, was lurking in the last third as well. I have never tasted this in any other cigar. (If anyone else regularly smokes these, please let me know if you have tasted this too.) Some earthiness reasserted itself at the nub, also. Oh, and I most certainly smoked it to the very nub, which took an hour and a half.

By the time I had reached the end of this lovely journey I was buzzing from the nicotine, which is unusual for a fiend such as I am.

Score: 19.4 (x5) = 97. The cigar was so complex, harmonious, and well-presented (especially in the middle) that I could not add or subtract points for any particular facet of its personality; it was a classic cigar experience irreducible into component parts. Similar to my experience with the Special G, also from Oliva, I was forced to look for things not to like about this stick (and failed).

The Olive Serie V Liga Especial is a great, great cigar, well worth the going retail price of approximately 6 dollars, and astoundingly complex and complete for a puro-style smoke. An experience worth one’s full devotion, I suggest smoking it with one’s favorite drink and perhaps some mild finger foods (cheese, crackers, grapes, whatever) some afternoon or evening when one has time to pay it the attention it deserves. (Take your time with it!) For me, it was an afternoon of instrumental jazz and a glass of Scotch in my sunny, breezy dining room.

This cigar has some strength, so smoke it on a comfortably full stomach. This smoke also would go really well after a solid dinner of, well, just about anything stronger than salad greens. I suggest, for a nice twist, grilled fish sprinkled with lemon and grilled tomatoes or corn on the cob. That’s what I am going to have next time I have one of these cigars… and there will be a next time.

Thanks to Deedubya for a very relaxing afternoon.
    Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
    -Winston Churchill

Default Perdomo Cuban Parejo Epicure Rosado

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDubya View Post

Because you've done a full review of this stick I will just compare notes. Here's what I jotted down:

Rock solid construction; big, attractive stick with a striking red band. Big smoke volume, huge leathery taste right from the beginning with some spice and a little dryness/dustiness. Decent draw, not super-easy but by no means a chore. Big ash. Went well with the scotch and soda. This stick is a little on the big side for me, would be excited to try this same blend in a robusto or torpedo vitola. Looked up the price, super value at ~$3.50 per stick. Definitely a lot to handle.

Score: 17.8 (x5) = 89, gaining a full point for big big taste, for a final score of 90.

Thanks so very much for this. Your cigar karma is getting huge!
    Last edited by King Catfish; 05-19-2008 at 04:43 AM.
    -Winston Churchill

KC,
    Very thorough review on the Oliva V. I think they are great and yet they do draw some bad reviews. I guess not everyone has good taste like us.
    As a matter of fact, I don't think I have ever smoked an Oliva that I didn't like. The Oliva's hold on to some high standards (a pleasant surprise these days).

Default Romeo Y Julieta Aniversario Robusto 5x52

This was the last RYJ in my humi. I kind of felt sorry for it since I had passed it over hundreds of times just to choose something else. Had I known it was a such a good cigar I would have tried it sooner. RYJ has such a hugh selection of sticks that it may be tough to choose one.

Anyway, this little robusto toasted really nice and filled the air in my workshop with a spicy, mellow and very pleasant aroma. It has an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper (very smooth) with a blend of Peruvian, Dominican and Nicaraguan long fillers.

It started out fairly mild and gradually stacked up into some flavorful, even hearty rich tobacco tastes. I couldn't detect any specific spice, woodiness or other distinct flavors, just a good well balanced tobacco. Nothing wrong with that.

The burn was very even with a light grey ash that tipped at around 2 inches. The draw was just about perfect and the fairly thin wrapper held taught and smooth without unraveling or splitting. I smoked it down to a finger burning nub only because it was still tasting good.

I'm sure I have skipped over a lot of good RYJ's because of a mindset that any cigar sold in a grocery store is not for me. I know that RYJ covers the entire spectrum of quality and pricing and that they do have some high standards on their top shelf lines. Thumbs up to Romeo Y Julieta for a good cigar. I will now have to get some replacements.

On a scale of 1-10 I rate this cigar 9.1.
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 05-29-2008 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Spelling

Blog Entries

Lately I have been enjoying the RyJ's. Might I suggest the Habana Reserves? Full in strength in body, with a creamy, white smoke, the construction on their wrappers are impeccable. I've been told they are the only RyJ's with a blend of Ecuadorian and Nicaraguan tobaccos, unlike the rest of the line. It's a good size cigar, and just the right price for me.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Default Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 Toro 6x50

This line of Carlos Torano commemorates the exodus of many families from their native Cuba to start up their trade elsewhere. They took with them many of the secrets of growing, harvesting, and curing tobacco.

This particular cigar is a medium-bodied, full flavored smoke which is box pressed. The wrapper is dark Habano. The blend of long fillers contain Dominican, Mexican, Honduran, Costa Rican and Nicaraguan tobaccos.

While the wrapper is kind of rough and dry appearing, it did burn well with a speckled medium grey ash. What I really enjoyed about this cigar were the rich cocoa and roasted coffee aromas and nutty flavors through the entire cigar. The finish had a slightly bitter-sweetness that reminded me of bakers chocolate.
    While not a masterpiece it would certainly make for a great everyday stick at a reasonable price of around $3.75.

On a scale of 1-10 I rate this cigar 8.4.

Default Oliveros XL For Men Double Corojo 6x55

The XL Double Corojo (brother of the XL Double Maduro) is a nicely rolled, well balanced cigar that deserves some attention. KC generously provided this one for me to try.

Wrapped in a fairly dark Corojo leaf is a bountiful amount of even more Corojo tobacco blended with supremely aged Nicaraguan ligero. It begins somewhat uneventful but builds into a rather complex and flavorful smoke. Midway, I could begin to appreciate the strength of the Corojo and the woody, nutty flavors of the Nicaraguan ligero. A hint of roast coffee and dark chocolate make it a desirable mid-morning or after lunch choice.

This Oliveros is certainly a welcome newcomer to their ever expanding line of cigars. I plan to try the Double Maduro (also XL For Men) as a comparison for consistancy and quality.

I would certainly recommend this cigar for those who like Corojo's. While not a contender for Gran Habano #5, it is still a good choice at a reasonable price.

On a scale of 1-10 I rate this cigar 7.8.

Default 5 Vegas Gold Churchill 7x50

Very nice. Thank You KC.

I tend to choose med-full bodied sticks but this was a very flavorful mild cigar. The "5" signifies the tobacco is aged 5 years. The wrapper is a very smooth and satiny Connecticut shade grown leaf and perfectly rolled into an expertly crafted cigar.

Toasting produced a sumptuous, thick waft of nutty, creamy smoke. It reminded me of roasted peanuts in the shell. After a few draws I could definately detect the nuttiness with a hint of white pepper. I like zesty cigars but not so that they become bitter or too harsh on the tongue. The draw seemed a little tight at first, but lightened up around half-way. As with all cigars of this vitola I used a v-cutter.

After the first inch or so it really mellowed out into a well-balanced, somewhat complex smoke with a steady burn and near perfect ash. The flavors did stack a little around the last third, but certainly no more than normal. Also, it transformed into a medium strength around mid way but was consistantly smooth throughout.

It is presented in a very wide gold band with red outline that tastefully compliments the natural color. That, together with a very smooth roll, I would rate appearance right up there with Davidoff and other top shelf brands.

For me this cigar is a very good value. I would recommend it for those who like the milder cigars. I believe they also offer a toro or belicoso that is a 54 ring guage and should be even milder.

On a scale of 1-10 I rate this cigar 8.

Blog Entries

Nice review, good to see these starting back up again.

Default La Aurora Barrel Aged Robusto 5x50

This is the first "Barrel Aged" I have tried. It is not a beautiful cigar nor did it seem to be expertly rolled. It had one obstruction about half way that caused a somewhat uneven burn and slightly hard draw until it had burned past. The wrapper was fairly smooth and toothy but a little dry which is charactistic of some maduros.

It toasted very nicely and hinted of some good flavors and spices. The first half was mellow with a little pepper and sweetness. After burning past the obstruction (tight spot) it began to evolve into a rich and tasty smoke. The aged Dominican fillers produced thick aromatic, white smoke and yielded to full-bodied, well balanced flavors. As far as maduros go I would put this one up in the top third of those I have tried. Toward the end it began to mellow a little with more spices and complexity.

These are aged for 4 years in oak rum barrels. Except for a little woodyness I could not detect oak nor any rum flavors. I'm not sure if these flavors are supposed to be evident or if I just expected it because of the name and band that proudly anounces "Barrel Aged".

Overall, it was pretty darn good. Good aging and earthiness, smooth and mellow yet full-bodied. I'll have to overlook the poor burn and slightly high price to still give it some high marks.

On a scale of 1-10 I rate this cigar 9.

Nice reviews, DW. I've been getting crushed at work lately, and I've been trying to break a plateau in my gutar playing, so not much time for full formal reviews lately.

I have a couple of decent sticks coming in; I'll try to post some informal reviews soon.
    -Winston Churchill

Default Georges Reserve Robusto 5x50

Georges Reserve are in my opinion one of the best deals going. I had smoked a few singles in the past and finally just knew that I had to have a box. The Robusto is the only vitola I can vouch for but I will indeed do that.

They are considered to be mild to medium bodied but very rich in flavors. The Nicaraguan long fillers are dark, fully aged and very smooth. They are made by the Oliva Family in Esteli, Nicaragua, so if you know Olivas then you might guess they are good quality and well constructed. The binder is African Cameroon that blends well with the filler. The onion skin thin wrapper is Ecuadorian. Very nice but also fragil. Be sure to have the RH balanced or they will easily split.

I smoked one in the morning and one in the evening. I think a mild-medium cigar is good any time of day. They toast well and one can immediately detect the spice and cedar flavors that are present throughout. The draw is easy and the burn is impeccable. Nice white ash that holds firm. The finish has a hint of vanilla. Really just about all you can ask for.

It is an affordably-priced stick at around $3.60. A very good value.

On a scale of 1-10 I rate this cigar 9.2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GeorgesReserve.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	845  
    Last edited by DeeDubya; 07-14-2008 at 03:40 PM.

Thread Information