Thread: Torano Signature and La Flor Dominicana DL.

Default Torano Signature and La Flor Dominicana DL.

Well these will not be true "reviews" but rather general impressions and HIGH recommendations of these two sticks.

On Friday I smoked my first La Flor Domincana Double Ligero. It was a fatty . . . approximate size was 6.5 x 55. I have had LFD cigars before and was told that they were pretty strong/full flavored. Full flavored yes but not "better sit down" strong. Everything I read/heard about the Double Ligero was that it was a but kicker and very strong - you had better have a full stomach and be sitting down.

Anyway, I sat down at the local shop and over the course of 1.5 hours I smoked it to the nub and only at the end did I start to "feel it" in my head. But WOW what a great smoke. Great smoke, flavor, draw, aroma . . . blah blah blah. If I had to give it a 1-100 rating I would say a very respectable 92.

Last night while out on the patio reading my latest John Grisham novel I decided to put fire to the Torano Signature I got in a pass on another forum. It was approximately 6 x 50 and had a cedar wrap. I have had Torano SILVER and GOLD Exodus as well as their Domincan Selection Carlos VII and all were very good (Silver being my favorite). However, the Signature was OUTSTANDING in all respects . . . construction, draw, smoke, flavor, aroma etc. This is now my favorite Torano and possibly my new favorite stick. I am tempted to buy a box today! Again . . . if I had to give it a score this would be a 95.
    Last edited by jaewing; 06-06-2005 at 12:26 PM. Reason: spelling . . . Sorry Mrs. Crabtree
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Reason: spelling . . . Sorry Mrs. Crabtree
    LMAO

Except ya missed one:

BUTT not "but"

I agree with your take on the LFD Doulbe Ligero, many people say this is a "knock you on your butt" smoke and yes it's definitely strong, I don't think it's that much stronger than other full bodied cigars out there.

I have a couple of Torano Signatures, I'll have to try one For about the TENTH time (sorry) I really love the Exodus 1959 (Gold) line and the Tributes are pretty good but IMO, not as tasty ad the Exodus 1959s
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I don't know why, but the Torano Signature just didn't do it for me - I prefer the Exodus line from all the Torano's I've smoked - especially the silvers. I still have yet to try the Tributes, so we'll see... I've got a couple in the humi, just haven't gotten around to it. I am liking Torano's more and more as I smoke them.

I love the LFD DL Chisels!!! A great, full bodied smoke. Some say it's kick a$$ - I say it is definitely a strong cigar. It is definitely one you don't smoke with coffee in the morning!!! One of my stiff drink/strong cigar kind of cigars!!!

Blog Entries

I'm waiting on a big Torano order to come in. I'm setting a side a box of the 1959's for myself (haven't had the pleasure of smoking one yet). Now which one do I get the Torpedo's or the Toro's. CC has me half convinced on going with the Toro's, but I just love Torpedo's.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

CCat . . .

Got you too brother . . .
    Doulbe
    LOL Man those keys on the keyboard get smaller every year!
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaewing
    CCat . . .

Got you too brother . . . LOL Man those keys on the keyboard get smaller every year!

LMAO, that and I can't friggin' SEE anything even WITH reading glasses Only a couple more years 'til YOU get near that magic "40" mark . Tell ya what, I'll save all my old reading glasses for ya and send them to you for your 40th birthday
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

SFG75 Guest

Good review there Jaewing. I have a few in the 'ole humidor sitting nicely. I'll have to break one out and try it, never had one.

Thread Information