Thread: Newbie Sampler Thread II

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default im neww

i am new and would love to try some new cigars im up for anything.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bhands View Post
    i am new and would love to try some new cigars im up for anything.
    PM the next member listed as "now up" in the first post of this thread.

I contacted CgarDan a week or so ago just to let you know about a trade. He has not responded so there is nothing set up as of yet so I guess he is still next on the list until something changes.
    "If your wife doesn't like the aroma of your cigar - change your wife."
    Zino Davidoff

Now that I know what they are:
    +1 Termite
    +1 Raisin

Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagicDragon View Post
    I contacted CgarDan a week or so ago just to let you know about a trade. He has not responded so there is nothing set up as of yet so I guess he is still next on the list until something changes.
    You may want to contact the next guy up. CigarDan is probably busy with the new job. I think he will understand. Just update the thread with what is going on so spiffykyle can edit the first post.
    Last edited by WOXOF; 01-21-2008 at 06:24 PM. Reason: slightly drunk

Hi there!

I would be interested in this as well sometime soon. I am a newbie to the site, and to cigars as well. I have been smoking cigars only for a few months. A variety of stuff to try would be great.

No hurry, however; my very small humidor is totally full. How much room should I make for this sampler? Is this is a 25-cigar sort of thing, or a fifty, or whatever is agreed upon at the time of arrangement? Either is fine with me; I just need to know whether I should wait for more room in the humidor or just pick up another one. My budget would comfortably allow up to a ~$70 purchase sometime in the next few weeks.

Sorry for the ignorance, and I apologize if these questions are obvious or have been covered already.

BTW, you guys are generous to have set up something like this. It's a fabulous idea.

EDITED TO ADD:
    It just occurred to me I could just buy a decent cigar jar and sent it along to have the sampler put into it. Is that a good idea?
    Last edited by King Catfish; 01-20-2008 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Catfish View Post
    Hi there!

I would be interested in this as well sometime soon. I am a newbie to the site, and to cigars as well. I have been smoking cigars only for a few months. A variety of stuff to try would be great.

No hurry, however; my very small humidor is totally full. How much room should I make for this sampler? Is this is a 25-cigar sort of thing, or a fifty, or whatever is agreed upon at the time of arrangement? Either is fine with me; I just need to know whether I should wait for more room in the humidor or just pick up another one. My budget would comfortably allow up to a ~$70 purchase sometime in the next few weeks.

Sorry for the ignorance, and I apologize if these questions are obvious or have been covered already.

BTW, you guys are generous to have set up something like this. It's a fabulous idea.

EDITED TO ADD:
    It just occurred to me I could just buy a decent cigar jar and sent it along to have the sampler put into it. Is that a good idea?
    Well, that is usually up to you and the person you are trading with. Sometimes you trade cigars, you send first since you’re the "newbie" and the vet sends cigars of equal or greater value, perhaps you send an agreed amount of money and you get cigars in return or it may be something else. I once sent someone several ounces of humibeads and got cigars in return. So basically you work it out with who ever you’re trading with. And if you out of room you can always grab some beads and start a tupador or coolidor. Both work great. There's always room for more cigars

And no, the jar should not be necessary. Your cigars should be sent in a zip lock bag and the time it takes to get to you should be short enough that they will not be harmed. A lot of folks will ship with a little bit of beads, a pillow pack, or simply a very lightly dampened piece of paper towel just to be safe so no need to send a container. Once you get your cigars you should rest them anyways before smoking so even if they dry a tad bit in a few days or a week they will be ready to rock and roll.
    Last edited by PuffTheMagicDragon; 01-20-2008 at 01:01 PM.
    "If your wife doesn't like the aroma of your cigar - change your wife."
    Zino Davidoff

Now that I know what they are:
    +1 Termite
    +1 Raisin

Default Rummstein

Rummstein,

Spiffy got in touch with me and suggested that I might be able to help you out, I reckon that I can sort you out with a decent sampler, so do you fancy giving it a go? If so then drop me a pm.

Stjohn
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Greetings everyone!

I contacted ashauler up there, and he's started to set something up for me. I'm a complete newbie, so I have only had a few experiences in the past with cigars (weddings and graduation a long time ago), but I do remember really relishing the puffs I had on a Punch Grand Cru. I recently bought a fairly sized humidor that can store about 50 cigars and a cutter, so all I need now are some things to fill that baby up!

This newbie sampler seems like such a great way to get some good smokes, so I'm real excited that I came across this website.

Blog Entries

The deal with chemi fell through. I'm back available.

Thread Information