Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do I do? TNT sent me the wrong (but more valuable) box

Quote Originally Posted by novasurf View Post
    Forget about the retail.
    Retail is a reflection of how much TNT owns the box for. Assuming the markup is roughly the same, we can assume their price for the box was roughly proportional.

Your sale purchase price was $50. The gap is $100.
    Well in that case, the gap would be $50, since TNT doesn't sell either box for what is listed as retail. A little wider, but probably not reflective of their true margin.

I'm not clear on why you asked for advice here.
    Because I was unsure what to do.

Within 1.5 hours, you were hawkin' the Padrons on the Exchange.
    Have you never made a decision within an hour and a half? When I posted, I had not yet decided. An hour and a half later, I had. I freely acknowledge that some folks don't agree with it. And that's their perogative. They have a right to disagree. Do they have a right to launch personal attacks because of the disagreement of opinions? I don't think that they do. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by drew_goring View Post
    No shit. If a vendor fucks up in his favor, I am sure as hell going to let him know. Same thing as if he fucks up in my favor. At least try to make things right, and not profit off other people's mistakes.
    Wow - what an upstanding guy. He'd never take advantage of a vendor's mistake and goes on to call me a "scumbag" for not reporting what is essentially a $20 difference in merchandise. It's surprising, however, that he's such a staunch advocate of vendors and how they should never be taken advantage of, because as of four months ago, his position on the matter seemed somewhat different.

Did anybody manage to snag a box of 10 from Famous when they were 160? Apparently there was a mistake, and now they are up to $320 ... I know I got my fiver at 16 bucks a stick.
    Now, I'm not judging Drew for doing a little happy dance for getting his cigars at half price. He has every right to be pleased with himself for saving $160 off of Famous's error. But it does seem like having posted that, he might not be quite so eager to pull out terms like "scumbag." It would seem that he doesn't hold himself to quite the same standard he holds others to. Hypocrite is a nasty word, so I wouldn't want to pull that out. Instead, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he just got carried away with the piling on (looking through his posts, I find a lot of that).

Sorry Drew. Didn't mean to single you out. Just making a point. Someone once said something about not casting the first stone. I find it's good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by aceswired View Post
    Wow - what an upstanding guy. He'd never take advantage of a vendor's mistake and goes on to call me a "scumbag" for not reporting what is essentially a $20 difference in merchandise. It's surprising, however, that he's such a staunch advocate of vendors and how they should never be taken advantage of, because as of four months ago, his position on the matter seemed somewhat different.

Now, I'm not judging Drew for doing a little happy dance for getting his cigars at half price. He has every right to be pleased with himself for saving $160 off of Famous's error. But it does seem like having posted that, he might not be quite so eager to pull out terms like "scumbag." It would seem that he doesn't hold himself to quite the same standard he holds others to. Hypocrite is a nasty word, so I wouldn't want to pull that out. Instead, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he just got carried away with the piling on (looking through his posts, I find a lot of that).

Sorry Drew. Didn't mean to single you out. Just making a point. Someone once said something about not casting the first stone. I find it's good advice.
    Wow, you dug up an old post. However, if you knew what you were talking about, we called famous, and offered to pay the difference. They however are an upstanding vendor, said that it was their mistake, and said that they would honor the price.

Try again dumbshit.

So what is it...20 dollar difference, 100 dollar difference or 50 dollar difference? You are not helping your situation scumbag.

Oh, and you know what I did with that fiver I got? I gifted 3 of them to various BOTL leaving me with 2.
    Last edited by drew_goring; 03-17-2007 at 02:01 AM.
    {*insert snide remark here*}
    Trader Rating: +2112

Oh, and you know what I did with that fiver I got? I gifted 3 of them to various BOTL leaving me with 2.
    Yes yes, you good, me bad. I got it. Seems to be the general theme of a lot of your posts.

I have just one question. Does the halo ever start to get heavy?

Yes yes, you good, me bad. I got it. Seems to be the general theme of a lot of your posts.

I have just one question. Does the halo ever start to get heavy?
    To asshats, yes. For some reason I sense that your time here is limited...

Since you like doing research, read up (the first couple of pages at least). http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/inde...adron%20a&st=0

Quote Originally Posted by WOXOF View Post
    Since you like doing research, read up (the first couple of pages at least). http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/inde...adron%20a&st=0
    Heh, that was great read. Silly n00bs.

Here's a great quote from Famous regarding the pricing issue:

We were overwhelmed with responses from people wanting to pay the full amount or make up our loss, It was amazing to see that there are so many honest people out there

To asshats, yes. For some reason I sense that your time here is limited...
    You're right about that. This is my final post here. I read a few cigar boards, and this is by far the most intolerant. I've met quite a few great people here and will stay in touch with a few. But there's a rather rabid gang of "old-timers" who are so big on themselves that they just drive away a lot of good folks. It is, no doubt, one of the big reasons the membership here is smaller than a lot of the cigar boards.

Thanks to those who have talked cigars with me over the past month or two. Was a pleasure. Unfortunatly, I'm just a bad seed who doesn't fit in with the more angelic elements here. There are other boards, and this one just ain't worth it.

Funny part is, I knew it early on, watching the piling on that was going on in several threads (that had nothing to do with me). Personally, I find that to be a coward's mentality, but to each his own.

Feel free to bash away now - let the ego masturbation commense. Because nothing makes you a man more than taking shots at someone whose back is turned.

You're right about that. This is my final post here. I read a few cigar boards, and this is by far the most intolerant. I've met quite a few great people here and will stay in touch with a few. But there's a rather rabid gang of "old-timers" who are so big on themselves that they just drive away a lot of good folks. It is, no doubt, one of the big reasons the membership here is smaller than a lot of the cigar boards.

Thanks to those who have talked cigars with me over the past month or two. Was a pleasure. Unfortunatly, I'm just a bad seed who doesn't fit in with the more angelic elements here. There are other boards, and this one just ain't worth it.

Funny part is, I knew it early on, watching the piling on that was going on in several threads (that had nothing to do with me). Personally, I find that to be a coward's mentality, but to each his own.

Feel free to bash away now - let the ego masturbation commense. Because nothing makes you a man more than taking shots at someone whose back is turned.
    Sounds good to me. There is always room at BananaLand.

If using my real name for my username and openly posting my address makes me a coward, what does that make you?

You are correct by stating that you don't fit in here. Heck, cheating thieving scumbags don't ever belong here. Don't think that you are special, because in a month you will be no more than a distant memory.

If hell arrives on Earth, it will be the I-10.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    You are not Cigar Smokers material.
    sarge called it.
    A good book, a cigar, and a nice tall glass of STFU.

Wow. Overreaction alert.
    Wow!!! Asshat alert!!!

It really never ceases to amaze me when people like you show up and think that the "old timers are big on themselves and drive away good folks". In your case - the drive is a very short put - and "good" is very questionable. Of course - people like you do provide hours of good clean entertainment!!!

What's pretty ironic about your statement, acey-doosey, strange as it may sound; While you may think you can't get along here, the reality is you will be facing the same questions of honesty and integrity elsewhere. There are those boards that don't give a crap about that - and you'll get along just fine. So - maybe it truly is time for you to move on...

Last edited by ggiese; 03-17-2007 at 09:30 AM.

14. Default

Wow. Overreaction alert.
    Fuck you and the trail of slime you slithered in on. If you can't see where you went wrong then you are a true idiot.

Pepole in our community have the obligation to be honest in their dealings with vendors and members. TNT ain't my favorite vendor but if you enter into a transaction honesty should work both ways. In your line of thought that ain't the case. Seems like I saw the word STEAL in all caps in your thread about the cigars.

Then you try to trade cigars that you got in the deal that favored you wrongly. Bet you got a lot of folks wanting in on that trade.

They you ask what you should do and you get an HONEST answer from Alan and you go off on him.

Good bye little man...Hope the door knob slams into your ass on the way out.

Someone once said something about not casting the first stone. I find it's good advice.

Ya, that sounds familiar. Who was that guy? Can't remember his name.
    Originally Posted by Heftysmokes:
    Maybe I should do a movie review on Apollo 13 and tell you all "that's as real as it gets" since I'm a fucking astronaut.

call the vendor

Wow, that was quick.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka View Post
    Wow, that was quick.
    Gotta love a member moderated community. Looks like he effectively banned himself.

Gotta love a member moderated community. Looks like he effectively banned himself.
    Ayep. Break out the cigars, uncork the barrels and bring in the serving wenches, time to celebrate!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

AcesWired is a Registered in the CANNABIS.COM Message Boards - Quality Marijuana and Hemp Information
    http://boards.cannabis.com/members/aceswired.html

What a classy guy...

Bodybuilding.com - AcesWired's BodySpace

Isn't this where cumchugger came from?

Quote Originally Posted by Club Spoogie
    aceswired-No longer a community member.
    Banned from Club Spoogie?

Thread Information