Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Duplicate Accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Dickson View Post
    With out all the quotes back and forth. My understanding is Hex said he would deal with this situation. However he chooses to deal with it, I will support.

However, if something s not done publicly my participation on this board will diminish. I have received an PM from a respected member of the board stating that he is leaving. How many other's are contamplating this? For valued members to leave or for any member to leave over duplicate accounts is a bit ironic, don't you think? Most every site I have been on duplicate accounts are a no-no without anything being said. Again, I'll not enter into an debate over this matter. Just stating an opinion.
    Same here Dickson...

Blog Entries

With out all the quotes back and forth. My understanding is Hex said he would deal with this situation. However he chooses to deal with it, I will support.

However, if something s not done publicly my participation on this board will diminish. I have received an PM from a respected member of the board stating that he is leaving. How many other's are contamplating this? For valued members to leave or for any member to leave over duplicate accounts is a bit ironic, don't you think? Most every site I have been on duplicate accounts are a no-no without anything being said. Again, I'll not enter into an debate over this matter. Just stating an opinion.
    Statement #1:
    Hex said he would deal with this situation. However he chooses to deal with it, I will support.
    Statement #1:
    However, if something s not done publicly my participation on this board will diminish.
    You first say you'll support Hex no matter what he does but your participation will "diminish" if he doesn't do it the way you want it done.

So which is it dickson? You've completely contradticted yourself in two consecutive sentences.

On MANY other boards, the admin just deletes the duplicate accounts and deals with the person private (just like Hex's policy is here) and there is no bravado or drama over it.

As far as this alledged "respected member" you talk about "leaving" that act is getting real old real fast. This board "is what it is" to use ggiese's words, if members like it, then stay and participate, make friends, trade cigars and so forth. If people don't like it then leave and please spare us the whining on the way out as it only makes the person doing it look like an immature baby.

I also have very little respect for people that whine in PMs yet won't express their concerns openly. If they're too spineless to say it publicly then it's meaningless. This is the same situation as people who've claimed they've received "many PMs supporting me" when they find themselves in a hole or on the hotseat, it's meaningless.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    Both depend. Are you currently lying to me?
    Now you're talking in circles. You seem to be hung up on equating someone who made up duplicate accounts when there was no policy against it to someone who is a liar and who is untrustworthy. I made up "the ox hole" duplicate account in 2005 after I registered here in April of 2005 and that is not a lie. Now based on that, I asked you these two questions:
    Does this mean you don't "trust" me anymore Nate?
    Does this mean you won't participate in a trade or a pass with me?
    Can you please answer my questions with an answer instead of another question?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

4. Cool

Make that two respected members. CC, I like you and I will not be drawn in to your debate. I have no need to explain myself to anyone but, Hex.

I still think you should let me hunt those deer. The ticks must rule your neighborhood!!!
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Make that two respected members. CC, I like you and I will not be drawn in to your debate. I have no need to explain myself to anyone but, Hex.

I still think you should let me hunt those deer. The ticks must rule your neighborhood!!!
    Make what "two respected members?" Honestly, you lost me......
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

6. Cool

Another PM...Now about those deer
    "No one can tell me what is a good cigar -- for me. I am the only judge. There are no standards -- no real standards. Each man's preference is the only standard for him, the only one which he can accept, the only one which can command him."
    ~ Mark Twain

Blog Entries

Another PM...Now about those deer
    Okay, what qualifies in your mind as a "respected member?" I can guarantee you that your criteria are different from mine and probably from everyone else's as well.

You say:
    I will not be drawn in to your debate.
    yet you keep stiring the pot with still more alledged PMs about people leaving. If you don't want to "debate" then drop it. If you want to debate about how Hex running the board then let's talk about it, you can't have it both ways.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

Personally I'm tired of reading about all this nonsense. Hex, please make up your mind soon on what is going to happen. I thought all the B.S. posting between members going back and forth would slow down for a few when the BPP problem ended. Now we are reading about all of this. Please, end this soon. I've stated my opinion on this matter already.

Lopaka

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Personally I'm tired of reading about all this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopaka View Post
    Hex, please make up your mind soon on what is going to happen.
    From the way I read it, he has made up his mind how he's going to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by hex1848 View Post
    I'm handling it in private for right now. I'll make a public statement when I see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    You seem to be hung up on equating someone who made up duplicate accounts when there was no policy against it to someone who is a liar and who is untrustworthy.
    Bill you seem to be hung up on the fact that these duplicate accounts were created before the policy was implemented, and while it is a possibility that this is the case according to Hex there is evidence that someone is still using one of these duplicate accounts today. That is clearly a violation of board policy. Thsi was brought to public light by Hex and now should be dealt with in public. If Hex makes the decision to handle it privately that is definitely his right but I will not support that decision.

As to your two questions at this moment I really don't know.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

I say - OUT THE BASTID!!

..I just KNOW it's that nemesis of mine - Hugh Jorgan, but I can't prove it...

Blog Entries

Bill you seem to be hung up on the fact that these duplicate accounts were created before the policy was implemented, and while it is a possibility that this is the case according to Hex there is evidence that someone is still using one of these duplicate accounts today. That is clearly a violation of board policy. Thsi was brought to public light by Hex and now should be dealt with in public. If Hex makes the decision to handle it privately that is definitely his right but I will not support that decision.

As to your two questions at this moment I really don't know.
    You're darn right I'm "hung up on the fact that these duplicate accounts were created before the policy was implemented" because that means there's no problem, no violation and nothing to make an issue over.

according to Hex there is evidence that someone is still using one of these duplicate accounts today
    I don't think Hex has any any such evidence. The sad thing here is that too many of you think he does.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

I don't think Hex has any any such evidence. The sad thing here is that too many of you think he does.
    CC, I think most people feel Hex has such evidence due to the post below.

I did find 2 senior members with what appears to be blatant duplicate account usage. IP’s match, posting habits’ continued until very recently, etc. I contacted one of those members and got an explanation, the other one I’m trying to catch in the act (not enough concrete evidence). The person I did contact offered an explanation which I considered plausible. If he wants to come out and say something, he can. [/FONT]
    It doesn't sound at all as if he is referring to you/the oxhole, when he states "posting habits continued until very recently." And if, in fact, he's not referring to you, whoever is guilty is remaining silent on the matter, as is Hex. No one seems to be addressing their duplicate account issue other than you, and I feel you have explained your account situation satisfactorily for everyone. Furthermore, while you believe that others' duplicate account issues are not lying nor trust issues, others clearly do. If they feel that way about the matter, that is clearly their choice, just as it is your choice to feel how you do.

Maybe since they are asking for Hex's clarification on the issue, you could let it go and he can answer how he sees fit. If he chooses to simply post "this matter is closed" fine. If he outs the members, has them tarred and feathered, and steals their wives' undergarments, that's fine too. But can't we just let Hex finish this?

I'm not asking you to refrain from addressing anyone who makes direct accusations at you. I just think the only way this matter is going to be resolved is if Hex makes a definitive statement, whether it's a big fat "STFU" or a "here's the fact's, here's my solution."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heftysmokes View Post
    CC, I think most people feel Hex has such evidence due to the post below.

It doesn't sound at all as if he is referring to you/the oxhole, when he states "posting habits continued until very recently." And if, in fact, he's not referring to you, whoever is guilty is remaining silent on the matter, as is Hex. No one seems to be addressing their duplicate account issue other than you, and I feel you have explained your account situation satisfactorily for everyone. Furthermore, while you believe that others' duplicate account issues are not lying nor trust issues, others clearly do. If they feel that way about the matter, that is clearly their choice, just as it is your choice to feel how you do.

Maybe since they are asking for Hex's clarification on the issue, you could let it go and he can answer how he sees fit. If he chooses to simply post "this matter is closed" fine. If he outs the members, has them tarred and feathered, and steals their wives' undergarments, that's fine too. But can't we just let Hex finish this?

I'm not asking you to refrain from addressing anyone who makes direct accusations at you. I just think the only way this matter is going to be resolved is if Hex makes a definitive statement, whether it's a big fat "STFU" or a "here's the fact's, here's my solution."
    And as I told you, the "evidence" he thought he had wasn't as definitive as he first thought. By the way, there is no second "senior" member who is still using "duplicate accounts" therefore there is NO ONE who is "remaining silent" because no one is doing anything wrong with respect to "duplicate accounts."

Since Hex isn't addressing the issue and you guys keep talking about it, I'm going to keep talking about it too.

You guys want me to shut up on this? Fine, then stop posting in this thread, how's that sound?
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-27-2007 at 06:47 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

You guys want me to shut up on this? Fine, then stop posting in this thread, how's that sound?
    I'm posting - so keep chatting...

16. Default

It ain't me . Some of you motherfuckers got lots of gall asking so many questions and pointing fingers at Cat ,I promise I wont answer fucking questions from newbies and the various tards that seem to be here . If this hurts your itty bitty feelings or makes your sissy ass mad enough to kick a puppy ,get over it.

I find myself rolling through here very quickly every day. Too many whining pussies and opinionated asshats . About time to flush the tiolet to get rid of the floaters
    The older I get ,the better I was

And as I told you, the "evidence" he thought he had wasn't as definitive as he first thought. By the way, there is no second "senior" member who is still using "duplicate accounts" therefore there is NO ONE who is "remaining silent" because no one is doing anything wrong with respect to "duplicate accounts."
    According to Hex's post neither of these things is accurate. If you have some information that we all don't on then maybe you should share it. According to the post from Hex he found TWO senior members using multiple accounts and the postings cotinued until recently. He has not come back saying that this was not the case. No one has any reason to believe at this point that Hex's evidence was lacking except for Hex's silence on the issue. As far as we know from your statements so far Bill it seems that you are assuming things. As you say quite often show me the evidence for your logic. I will look at anything with an openmind.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

According to Hex's post neither of these things is accurate. If you have some information that we all don't on then maybe you should share it. According to the post from Hex he found TWO senior members using multiple accounts and the postings cotinued until recently. He has not come back saying that this was not the case. No one has any reason to believe at this point that Hex's evidence was lacking except for Hex's silence on the issue. As far as we know from your statements so far Bill it seems that you are assuming things. As you say quite often show me the evidence for your logic. I will look at anything with an openmind.
    Don't be too doggone serious. I think you - and a lot of other people - are going to be speechless when you learn the truth.

Seriously - it's that freakin' Hugh Jorgan - my nemesis. He's always up to no good...

Blog Entries

I'm not "assuming" anything Nate, my statements are based on my PM exchange with Hex. If I were to post it, you'd see for yourself but I'm sorry, I'm not going to do that. And I will assure you once again, my statements are 100% accurate.

Here's the deal, this is HEX'S board and he can do whatever the hell he wants. If he wants to remain silent then that is HIS choice, I for one will NOT browbeat, threaten him or give him infantile ultimatiums like "If you don't do (insert whining, childish, stupid demand here) I will leave and trash you and your board and blah, blah, whine, whine, piss and moan, etc....."

If you and others want to hold something against me when there's no fuggen proof of me ever doing anything wrong, go right ahead and do that. There's nothing I can do to change your mind and once again, I will NOT post my PM exchange with Hex just to satisfy people's curiosity.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 04-28-2007 at 01:17 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

20. Cool

I've found quite a few duplicate accounts when going through the logs last night. Cough them up now, or face the consequences.
    ~ Mark Twain

Thread Information