Quote Originally Posted by ilikefishes View Post
Understood.
The fact is that even if you stand behind a product for the lifetime of the product, it the breakage or defects are numerous, does it make it quality. I have had people have problems with their cutters, my knife and the knife I bought with it for a friend both are just that, a knife. I understand that you have the right to call me out. I am fine with that. I am one of the most "fair minded" people you will find. This reminds me of the Tommy Boy movie and the "guaranteed piece of shit" line. A lifetime guarantee usually implies to me that you are not making a quality product for sale.
In the fly fishing industry there is nobody that has a better warranty than Orvis. But their product is also one of the worst on the market accross the board. So you can buy a new fly rod from them for $695.00 and know that you will get a few good trips out of it until you have problems. Then you can send the product back to them and they will send you a replacement that you can go and fish a few more trips. Eventually you are going to break it at a time that is not good, on a trip to Alaska is a great example.
What good is the cutter to Daigz if he can't use it? Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am just simply saying that Xikar is not for me. I have spent money on their products and have been relatively happy with them. Like I said in my original post, they look amazing. Their lines and design are incredible. But I choose function over form and if it is not working I don't need it. Looking on this board I saw more stories of Xikar broken than all other accessory companies combined. You sir are welcome to continue to influx their company with your hard earned cash, I simply would like to spend my money on sticks.
I hope I have explained my position well.
Fishy - Interesting view.

...but you've not explained your position very well at all. I'm even more confused than before.

Is it possible for you to prove any part of your argument with facts?

...and Daigz was not complaining about a broken Xikar cutter - I believe he was concerned about his Hygrometer (i.e. measuring rH).