Thread: Rocky Patel Fusion Toro Video Review Up

Default Rocky Patel Fusion Toro Video Review Up

A rich, creamy texured cool 6.5×52 smoke, producing a smooth toasty nutty flavor with a hint of cream and sweetness and a short finish with some good pepper at some points. Good burn, very good draw - on the firmer side for a Rocky, on par with other brands. Medium bodied and a very enjoyable blend, taking just over 1 hour. Excellent bargain and just about $2 per stick online! More in the video.

Blog Entries

You never answered my question in this thread:
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/t11717-m...review-up.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kaelaria View Post
    More in the video.
    I've seen these reviews go on too long not to say something.

Look, I only participate in one cigar board. I have no idea what is going on in other boards, your history on other boards, or anything like that. But on this board, I notice that you post a lot of reviews. Specifically, video reviews. I'm sure that takes work, and time, and all that's great.

I don't have the capability to watch you smoke a cigar for however long it takes. It's not that my bandwidth or computer won't allow me, it's that there is no time in my day to watch a video review. Nor do I care to. I would read what you have to say way before I watch whatever you have to say. Furthermore, while you review some unique cigars, several of the reviews you have done can be found already on the board. I guess what I'm getting at is, you post too many redundant reviews. Look around the board; duplicate reviews usually tend to reference earlier reviews. I'm guilty of not doing this myself, but it provides perspective, and shows that you are contributing to the community. If it's something new, great. But it seems like reviewing cigars is what you like doing here. Maybe instead of littering the Review and/or Cigar forums with each individual review, maybe just post one thread - kaelaria's video cigar reviews - and post all of your reviews in that thread. That would be my suggestion. Take it or leave it. But from an objective point of view, it looks like you are just hawking your own blog.

Thanks for reading.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

What he said!

I would agree that on this board that would probably be a good idea, since there isn't much discussion on each thread. On other forums each one usually gets a good amount of it's own replies and I wouldn't want to bunch them all together, but one central thread here would work very well, I'll go ahead and do that.

I certainly appreciate your POV regarding video reviews, it's not for everyone. I am a very visual person and feel the exact opposite - I would rather watch videos than read a page of text. Please do at least watch one though - it maybe quite different than what you think. I don't sit there just smoking the cigar - I simply relate the experience as things happen in short clips - good and bad. The whole thing is only 5-10 min, far shorter than other video reviews that are mostly just talking about other stuff. To each their own though, neither way is better than the other, we are all different. That is also why I don't put much faith in other reviews - I have found many times they are conflicting of each other and sometimes with my results. Each person can get different results and have a different experience. So referencing other reviews to me, at least, doesn't offer much value. What I do tend to do however is look for a string of reviews by the same person that matches my own experience. Then I can have more faith that other reviews by that person may match my experience.

Thanks!
    Last edited by kaelaria; 05-07-2009 at 05:37 PM.

Blog Entries

I think you know very little of what works on this board.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I think you know very little of what works on this board.
    Which reminds me - Kaelaria, is CigarSmokers the board that you're embarrassed about over at CP, or is it another one, or? I don't know, and I don't want to assume anything.

Please advise. Thanks in advance .

BTW, single thread is good .
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

I never said I was embarrassed for any board or have ever made any comments at all toward a board - I said for 'certain individuals behavior'.

Blog Entries

I never said I was embarrassed for any board or have ever made any comments at all toward a board - I said for 'certain individuals behavior'.
    Okay, thanks for clarifying. Now, was the "certain individuals behavior" exhibited on this board?

The reason I ask is that, if it was about behaviour here, then I want to try and explain - not explain any individual's behaviour, they can do that themselves - but to try and explain to you why there was such a uniform front expressed towards him here. Of course, if your comments were not about behaviour here, then the point is moot.
    Craig

Yes, some of the behavior was exhibited here. A further explanation of the behavior in question would be welcomed, I saw it asked for a few times but was not given previously.

Blog Entries

Yes, some of the behavior was exhibited here. A further explanation of the behavior in question would be welcomed, I saw it asked for a few times but was not given previously.
    As stated, I'm not going to explain any particular individual's behaviour, but I will try and explain the collective action. I'll start a new thread.
    Last edited by craig; 05-08-2009 at 12:09 AM. Reason: moved to new thread.
    Craig

Blog Entries

By 'the behavior' I meant 'the collective action'.
    http://www.cigarsmokers.com/showthread.php?p=129634
    Craig

Thread Information