Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for supper?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Smoked ribs are on the menu today. I don't have enough room to lay them all out even so I had to stack them a little. Does anyone know if this is a bad thing or does it matter?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339261016.553870.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	3035

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post
    Smoked ribs are on the menu today. I don't have enough room to lay them all out even so I had to stack them a little. Does anyone know if this is a bad thing or does it matter?

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339261016.553870.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	3035
    I think you'll be fine, looks good. I would probably rotate them about halfway through though. You could get fancy and ball up some aluminum foil to put in between each rack to give air circulation. Probably not necessary though.

Blog Entries

Thanks. I am about 2 hours in and I just did rotate them. They are looking pretty good so far.

Blog Entries

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344172078.318848.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	3072Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344172095.208446.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	3073

Pictures aren't great but here is the pork shoulder I smoked yesterday. It was better than my first one but it can still improve. I'm getting better at controlling the heat of the smoker. I wanted to take it to 190 so I could shred it better, but the neighbors we were eating with were getting hungry so I had to pull it at 165.

GT, your prime rib looked amazing. I'm going to try one of those soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbeefy View Post

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344172078.318848.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	3072Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344172095.208446.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	3073

Pictures aren't great but here is the pork shoulder I smoked yesterday. It was better than my first one but it can still improve. I'm getting better at controlling the heat of the smoker. I wanted to take it to 190 so I could shred it better, but the neighbors we were eating with were getting hungry so I had to pull it at 165.

GT, your prime rib looked amazing. I'm going to try one of those soon.
    Looks good, nice bark. I bet it was delicious. I used to cook the shoulders to 165 as well. It wasn't until my brother in law showed me the way a couple years ago that I began giving it more time in the smoker. On your present set up I would probably think another 3 to 4 hours would do it...plenty of time to drink beer, smoke cigars and not mow the grass.

Thanks for the compliment on my prime rib. You'll love it if you end up cooking one.

Blog Entries

That bologna looks fantastic! Where is my invite?

Now that's a spread! Looks great. I had to google "Halupkies". I'll definitely be giving that a try sometime.

Nice spread Will.....and LOVE the costumes!

We have lots of Ukranians around this part of the world and growing up, one of my best friends (lived right across the street) was. His baba (grandma) was right from the "old country" and had a very thick accent. I grew up eating holopchi (halupki) and Perogies (aka veraniki). His baba was a riot and fit the stereotype perfectly always saying things like "Eat, EAT! You don't eat enough to keep a bird alive"

Your halloween spread brought back some pleasant memories as well as the big grin your costumes gave me.............lol

Meant to add, the wife made me chicken livers last night........I ate too much.....again!
    Last edited by CptnBlues63; 10-21-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: forgot to add...
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

That mac and cheese looks like it would kill ya! Send me the recipe please I never made it in a crock pot.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

Wish I could have been there, looks like you guys had a good time. What the heck are you looking at in the pic though? Isn't there another picture of you somewhere on this site where you are looking above the camera?

You may want to advise your daughter to avoid a black costume next year...
    http://www.timesonline.com/news/poli...397b6fbca.html

Sheesh...
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

I made canned chili tonight.

1 can of chili with beans
    1 microwave
    1 microwave safe bowl

Heat on high for 3 minutes

Spoon chili directly into mouth hole

Bob's your uncle

Blog Entries

For the record, that chicken lasagna was probably better than my canned chili. I might have to try that sometime.

Blog Entries

KB stole my recipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

PF Changs lettuce wraps FTW!

Back from a very successful hunt. We came home with 3 deer, a calf moose and an elk I bagged the morning we returned home.

Now that all the work is done I have a freezer full of meat again and so far this past week I have enjoyed an elk pot roast, elk meat loaf, and calf moose liver.

My wife, having cooked professionally in the past makes liver that's to die for. If you like liver, you'd love hers and the calf moose liver was unbelievable.

If any of you liver lovers ever get a chance to try some elk or moose liver, or deer for that matter, you have to soak the liver in milk for at least 12 hours prior to cooking. Preferably about 24. This leeches out the irony taste that turns so many off to wild liver. Oh, just FYI, when making beef liver, my wife still soaks it in milk for at least an hour first for the same reason.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Back from a very successful hunt. We came home with 3 deer, a calf moose and an elk I bagged the morning we returned home.

Now that all the work is done I have a freezer full of meat again and so far this past week I have enjoyed an elk pot roast, elk meat loaf, and calf moose liver.

My wife, having cooked professionally in the past makes liver that's to die for. If you like liver, you'd love hers and the calf moose liver was unbelievable.

If any of you liver lovers ever get a chance to try some elk or moose liver, or deer for that matter, you have to soak the liver in milk for at least 12 hours prior to cooking. Preferably about 24. This leeches out the irony taste that turns so many off to wild liver. Oh, just FYI, when making beef liver, my wife still soaks it in milk for at least an hour first for the same reason.
    I personalty hate liver but my husband likes it and long ago he was doing some side work for my meme and she made him liver for dinner. It's got to be twenty years later and she has passed but he still talks about that meal. She always soaked liver in milk.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356018031.003254.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	3251

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356018048.002757.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	3252

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356018067.619928.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	3253

5lb chunk of pork butt. I usually do the whole butt on my large egg but with the cold rainy weather decided to try a small chunk on the mini. I placed to mini in the garage with a large window blower pulling the smoke out. When the snow starts to fly we put the mini in our Fireplace for the winter.

Blog Entries

I made a badwhale special slow cooker pork dish today. It was delicious. I know this thread works best with pictures but I forgot to get them. I guess I can get pictures of the leftovers tomorrow before they enter my ever expanding belly.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365545252.219367.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	3362

Twice baked sweet potato, stuffed hot cherry peppers, chicken thighs with a homemade Bhut jolokia plum dipping sauce. Smoked and cooked on the Big Green Egg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor71 View Post

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365545252.219367.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	3362

Twice baked sweet potato, stuffed hot cherry peppers, chicken thighs with a homemade Bhut jolokia plum dipping sauce. Smoked and cooked on the Big Green Egg
    You big green egg guys make my mouth water. The food looks pretty good too.

Thread Information