Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cao flavored cigars

Iced T Guest

When your face went numb, did you see this? If you did, that's a new flavor...

no that whould have been sweeet.
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it never gets you anywhere,.....write that down" -Van Wilder

Flavoring cigars seems to be an excuse for makers to use cheap or poor quality tobacco. The flavorings hide that fact. A good cigar doesn't need added flavorings.

By all means, smoke them for fun. Just don't make the mistake of considering them cigars. They're not a cigar any more than a wine cooler is wine.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    Flavoring cigars seems to be an excuse for makers to use cheap or poor quality tobacco. The flavorings hide that fact. A good cigar doesn't need added flavorings.

By all means, smoke them for fun. Just don't make the mistake of considering them cigars. They're not a cigar any more than a wine cooler is wine.
    Couldn't agree more. Same with coffee.

Someone gave me one of those Amaretto flavored cigars once. I had to smoke it just to be polite. We're not close.

Quote Originally Posted by Corona Gigante
    Couldn't agree more. Same with coffee.

Someone gave me one of those Amaretto flavored cigars once. I had to smoke it just to be polite. We're not close.
    wow i read that really fast and skipped the word cigars after amaretto flavored...made for quite a funny post..
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it never gets you anywhere,.....write that down" -Van Wilder

Flavored cigars...I just don’t get it. If I wanted some honey, blackberries, Kailua, or whatever the hell else they stick in these things, Id just have it. When I want a cigar, I want a cigar. BTW, storing flavored crap in your humidor will fuck up your regular cigars AND your humidor.
    Captain, it is I!

I knew it could mess up other cigars...but your Humi too?

Well, I finally got my wife to start trying cigars. She seems to like CAO Moontrance, so it's a start, even though it's a flavored cigar, what the hell, at least she's smoking cigars with me now.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitri
    I knew it could mess up other cigars...but your Humi too?
    Absolutely. Wood is porous and will retain any odors that it soaks in. That's why you never clean the inside if a humidor, like after a mold or beetle outbreak, with soap or any sort of cleansing agent.
    Captain, it is I!

Ah, I see. Thanks Pulver.

flavored cigars got me into cigars, they served their purpose, now they need to stay away from me.

Thread Information