Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Puro Pot Pass III

Hey mrtr33 you should have heard what buzz was saying about you in chat.
    something about the lamek attempts by you to embracing us when we lose.
    He was calling you out big time
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Hey mrtr33 you should have heard what buzz was saying about you in chat.
    something about the lamek attempts by you to embracing us when we lose.
    He was calling you out big time
    Dangit Mangy I never said that Mark was making "lamek" attempts...

...besides, I thought that chat we had was private... just two guys, one from Arizona and one who just got back from Hawaii.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Ok well, here goes I guess...

Smoked the puro last night in my backyard. Weather was perfect, no wind, nice and relaxing. Had 3 fingers of Ardbeg 10 year and some Billie Holiday in the background. Construction was fantastic - nice and tight with no soft spots, and a great looking triple cap. Robusto size, slight box press, natural wrapper color, semi-sweet hay / wood smell. Prelight draw gave off a very nice spice / wood combo. Draw was a tad tight, but not enough to warrant a re-cut.

First third started with a hint of cinnamon spice, very smooth, with wood and leather in there too. Not a lot of smoke, which was probably due to a semi-tight draw. Burn was a little erratic at first but calmed down by the 1'' mark. There was a semi-sweet nut taste there, maybe cashew. Second third had less spice, more leather/nut, still very smooth and enjoyable. Ash was tight, light gray and held for 1.5 inches. Burn was nice and straight and the draw opened up a tad. Cashew and leather mostly, with maybe some cocoa too. I would almost say it is creamy, but I think the leather is more dominant. Great aroma (Alina could smell it from the front yard when she came home). Final third is more of that cashew and leather. Alina took a couple puffs and said she tasted pepper. Then I started noticing it too, on the finish. I wonder if it had been there all along and I just didn't notice it. Funny how you taste flavors when you focus on them more. I would call this a medium strength cigar.

Did I mention that the cigar seemed manly, but in a good way - not wearing a dress. It also had a draw that reminded me of sophistication, respect, and power. The burn was nice - not pink, not fluffy, and definitely not showing it's belly. Oh, and overall I would have to say that it was just plain cool - like Miles Davis.

...or maybe it was pink and fluffy, I am a newbie so it is still kinda hard for me to tell...

My guess: Cuban - and a very nicely aged one at that. I would guess this cigar is at least 2 years old, and it was fantastic. It reminded me somewhat of a RASS that a very generous BOTL here gave me - but if it were a RASS, it was definitely aged because the flavors were soft and mellow. I am excited to find out what this was, because I will be getting more of these for sure. Thanks for the smoke, EGQ!

Ok Mark, let's see your lamek attempt - give me your best, I can take it!

-Buzz

Blog Entries

Here are my puts:

Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto
    Perdomo Lot 23 Robusto
    Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Torpedo

Let me know if anyone objects.

-Buzz

Didn't you know that lame has a silent K at the end?

Screwed the pooch trying to quote... Will try again...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post
    Screwed the pooch trying to quote... Will try again...
    Too bad you already have your sig tag.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Ok well, here goes I guess...

Did I mention that the cigar seemed manly, but in a good way - not wearing a dress. It also had a draw that reminded me of sophistication, respect, and power. The burn was nice - not pink, not fluffy, and definitely not showing it's belly. Oh, and overall I would have to say that it was just plain cool - like Miles Davis.

My guess: Cuban - and a very nicely aged one at that. I would guess this cigar is at least 2 years old, and it was fantastic. It reminded me somewhat of a RASS that a very generous BOTL here gave me - but if it were a RASS, it was definitely aged because the flavors were soft and mellow. I am excited to find out what this was, because I will be getting more of these for sure. Thanks for the smoke, EGQ!

Ok Mark, let's see your lamek attempt - give me your best, I can take it!

-Buzz
    it is in fact a Cuban -- nice job Buzz. It was a Boli Royal Corona. Sorry for the delay -- I had it set it up for email alerts when folks posted, but that apparently only gives you one alert until you actually log back in to the site.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EGQ View Post
    it is in fact a Cuban -- nice job Buzz. It was a Boli Royal Corona. Sorry for the delay -- I had it set it up for email alerts when folks posted, but that apparently only gives you one alert until you actually log back in to the site.
    Sweet Sassy Molassey! Thanks for the fantastic stick, I will be picking up some more of those for sure. Out of curiosity, do you know what the age was on it?

-Buzz

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Sweet Sassy Molassey! Thanks for the fantastic stick, I will be picking up some more of those for sure. Out of curiosity, do you know what the age was on it?

-Buzz
    ABR 2006 -- just over 4 years. I have a few from 2008 that I picked up as part of a box split here -- they are getting there, but need a bit more time.

Blog Entries

Nice job, Buzz! Lamek sig tag sent.

Just so you know - I'm running out of ideas for winners. Didn't think so many of you would win. Hope I don't lose cred, but I thought it was cool. Sorry you're the guinea pig here, Buzz.

Also, I have decided to pull EdgeMan from the pass. According to his profile, he hasn't logged in since April 14th. I've sent him two private messages, and haven't heard back from either one. I don't want a situation like last years, so I figured this would be the best option for everyone. I am open to allowing him back in the pass, if he writes me back and/or resumes posting again. I just thought with a month of inactivity from someone relatively new to the board, that in the best interest of everyone else in the pass, this would be the best call, but I open this topic up for discussion amongst you all. Feel free to post here or private message me your concerns.

Eville - you're up next. Which address do you want the pass to go to?

Buzz - thanks for posting your puts! Make sure to let us know with a DC# when you ship out.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

I am diggin this sigtag - whew! Glad I got it right, not so much for the prize pack (which is very nice by the way!), but more cause I was skeered of what Mark had in store...

-Buzz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    snip.....

Also, I have decided to pull EdgeMan from the pass. According to his profile, he hasn't logged in since April 14th. I've sent him two private messages, and haven't heard back from either one. I don't want a situation like last years, so I figured this would be the best option for everyone. I am open to allowing him back in the pass, if he writes me back and/or resumes posting again. I just thought with a month of inactivity from someone relatively new to the board, that in the best interest of everyone else in the pass, this would be the best call, but I open this topic up for discussion amongst you all. Feel free to post here or private message me your concerns.
    ....snip
    Agreed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Agreed.

I think he has a lot going on right now and he might end up coming back later, but I doubt he would be upset at all for pulling him.

-Buzz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    I agree. I had sent him a couple of PMs to see if hes doing ok but have gotten no response to those or voicemails on his cell phone. Really hope is doing allright.

Blog Entries

I'm ready for em and am sending Buzz my address now.

Blog Entries

Sticks go out in 2 hours... I just need to figure out where I stored that puro for Eville... I think I left it under my bed

DC# 9405 5036 9930 0234 1716 98

-Buzz

Blog Entries

To help it keep a consistent RH and temperature, right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    To help it keep a consistent RH and temperature, right?
    Of course, these limited edition acid puros like a nice steady 90/20

-Buzz

Congratulation on the win buzz

Thread Information