Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
Load him up....he'll be needing all the coffee he can handle shortly.
Don't you speak the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by MarineOne View Post
Okay this is what I got from her, and it was like I was trying to get a national secret or something.

Mehmet Efendi, 8 O'Clock Bean, or any decent roast that is either already ground for Turkish coffee and sealed (like Mehmet Efendi) or is in bean form and you can get a really good grinder to grind it fresh. Espresso ground will not work, it has to be Turkish ground as it ends up being like moist talcum powder. She also said that preferably have a dedicated grinder for doing this because the adjustable ones at the grocery stores don't always work.
Well, I won't tell anyone else.

I'm reluctant to purchase pre-ground coffee. On the other hand, I don't know how feasible it is for me to purchase a dedicated grinder for Turkish grinder. I've seen those Turkish grinders for sale on Amazon and other places, but I don't know that I'm ready to make that commitment.

I might, for the time being, take my chances with a known blend and the grinder setting at World Market. Maybe then I can go through a half-pound or so and compare that taste with what we enjoy now.

Thanks for the tip.