Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
Or hey, here's a novel idea.....Put the damn thing back together, then mail it in. Or did you lose that screw too?
No it's put back together, as best as it can be. Even have the busted spring back where I found it. But, and I thought I had said this, the metal of the screw is a bit soft and you can tell it was taken apart. I don't like to try to rip off companies, especially the ones I like. Xikar's website didn't say anything about their warranty being voided if I opened it up, but that seemed odd because most companies will void that. I didn't want to try to sneak one past them, or wait for however long it would take Xikar to get back to me if someone here just happened to know, from their experience or otherwise, that Xikar would automatically void it if I had opened it up.

Quote Originally Posted by mail man View Post
No shit, take the advice that is given and shove it up your ass...do your own dirty work and call the fucking comapny yourself......JEEEEEZZZZ.
I did send them an email but I haven't yet received a reply. Phone calls are normally difficult to pull off in my job.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
But guys, that's not fair. You aren't catering to HIS specific need.
Seems like noobies get flamed for not asking specific enough question and are frequently told to use the search function. I ask a specific question which hasn't been asked before and I got answers that didn't pertain to my specific question then get flamed for asking people answer my specific question.