Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carrying Cutters on Planes?

Nice thread, I was ruminating on similar things. I'm flying on tuesday to Germany, the land of many great cigars. Oh wait.

Cheap cigar cutters are allowed on planes as carry-on, I didn't know this till I accidentally pulled one out of my man-purse after getting back to NYC and finding it was in there all weekend. But, xicar scissors are not allowed, or any kind of scissor cutter for that matter. Even safety scissors that kindergartners use are illegal.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Recenly had a lighter confiscatted, they didn't find the two that my wife was carrying though. Thought I had put all my cutters in checked luggage then found a slimline one in my wallet when I got home. Still seems stupid as I generally carry two bottles of premium spirit (JD, Canadian CLub etc.) onto international flights from DF, would think that they would not allow Bacardi 151 especially.
    I thought it was a tampon joke!

Default Sorry, didn't read all the replies...but....

I just flew down to Florida last week and I had been wondering the same thing about cigar cutters.

A sign posted at the security check said "No cutting devices of any kind allowed".

Just flew back and forth from Florida to NJ, and talked to the tobacconists in NJ...any cutters are okay as long as they're in checked baggage, and they just modified the rules again to allow butane lighters in checked luggage providing they have been drained of butane and are empty, at least that's what I was told by a cigar store owner, who said they get the latest bulletins regarding this stuff, from the Feds...

Thread Information